Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. I used Scamper, Team! since having all Elves in a group is more punishment than advantage nowadays which is why no one really uses Elvish Scamper in the first place. Plus it can help enemies if they have elves. Elves are the master of free movement in theory so why not be able to help other races use it like Scamper, Team! Plus Elvish Scamper doesn't have squirrels on it. nor does any card. And I would have to scrap the name/theme.

Also Scamper, Team! is only a helmet card as of now so it isn't really a human card. Heck elves really can't even have blocks or attacks on their racial Skill items, so I knew that my submission really doesn't have much chance unless the devs decide to break their own rule set for the benefit of the community.

If anything, changing it to a human skill would fix all the problems magicially.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I understand. $:^ ,

Fwiw, though,
    elves have two exclusive Attacks on a bunch of their skill items. Right now, I don't recall humans nor dwarves having any at all. Hm.

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Neither of them do damage, though. Elves do get two damaging move cards, and are allowed a third.

Humans are the only race to get a damaging attack card: All Out Attack.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Yep, definitely knew I was pushing the boundary with my entry (elven with dancing cut). The only reason I thought it was worth a shot was because it, like AoA is only a damage 4 attack, and it seems like it would be an applicable and mild expansion of their repertoire. And as a bonus, it actually has more functionality for elvin wizards than AoA does for human wizards... even if just used as a walk.

5. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

6. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

7. Stexe

Doesn't have to be played, just has to be thematic :-P

I'll look into some other combos right now. Was waiting to get to work to check out the builder to see what tokens things would actually cost.

EDIT: Yeah, not worth it for 1 Major Token. Thought it would maybe be a Minor token. I'll tweak it some more.

Wonder if Lateral Thinking, Retreat, Block, Soldier! would work as a Minor Token. It fits the theme and might be interesting.

Having "Leadership" would be cool, but to me it doesn't seem to fit the idea of peace as there is leadership for war.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  8. Stexe

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  9. Founder

Founder Hydra

The winner has been revealed.

Resolution of Survival.

I'm not sure we needed more human skills. Elves still have a raw deal, and Humans now even have better movement options (what with Vanguard and now up to 3 Retreat per character) than Elves...

ParodyKnaveBob and Stexe like this.
  10. Stexe

Retreat is still a fairly rare card though so

11. ParodyKnaveBob

Agreed.
    Maniafig designed a fine item, good job there and all, but yeah, Aloyzo actually picking it feels like more of the same (especially re: human movement trumping elven movement more and more over time). I'm rather disappointed at Aloyzo. $:^ /
    I'll repost in the main discussion thread once it get announced more than Jon saying deployment stuff.

Stexe likes this.
  12. Stexe

Well I'm obviously biased and wanted mine to win. Would give humans a cool card but less movement focused stuff

13. Sasoo8

Sasoo8 Guild Leader

This is just my 2 cents, so take it with a grain of salt. But here goes:

Having 2 retreats + 1 escaping run for a minor token is a terrible idea, because it is going to severely unbalance the matchup for human wizards vs melee teams.

Retreat is the issue here. Being able to stack 6 retreats on a 3 human wizard team is overpowered. Each retreat has the ability to extract the ENTIRE TEAM out of danger at the same time (say, worth up to 3 nimble strikes of movement, or even more, because its free move 3). Adding control to the equation, you are going to have human wizard teams that are just impossible to catch.

And this isn't even mentioning the extra card draw/ movement from escaping run. Because retreat and escaping run is going to help them avoid damage anyways. Human wizards who run this skill will be able to skimp on control and stack pure damage or illusory barriers.

Can you imagine trying to catch 3 human wizards who are running cold/ illusories/ AND having 6 retreats?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    ParodyKnaveBob, smg225 and Stexe like this.
  14. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I'd rather an item affect the game than get lost in obscurity. I'd rather an item add something to the game.

That being said...should Retreat be common?

15. Stexe

You can have something change the game but not completely mess it up :-P I'm not saying this item will, since I don't play much Card Hunter any more and don't follow the meta, but it does seem to pack a lot of movement on a low token item for humans.

16. ParodyKnaveBob

Who knows. Maybe it'll bring @gulo gulo back. $;^ }

Sir Veza, tolkien and Melancthon like this.
  17. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Bring back the glory days of the cult of ironwood...by retreating to Victory!

Maniafig and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

My thoughts exactly. :cool:

19. Stexe

20. Stexe