Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Sure, i'll check it out. I almost put a block on this contest submission but figured there was some reason why there isn't any in the game already.

winner likes this.
  2. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I had to edit my submission to get it down to a minor token, the sad side effect is that it's now Legendary. :(

3. Other races have various powerful tokenless items! The fact that we have to work so hard to make an elf one,kind of proves how hosed they are. :p

4. Deleted mine and went with a Equilibrium Challenge one that I like much better, but I doubt it has a chance to win, but I think it fits the elf theme pretty good.

Sir Veza and Pawndawan like this.
  5. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I've made extensive suggestions for more skills and posted them in the smithy.
    Does anyone have a new years resolution to be faster?

winner likes this.
  6. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Anyone resolved to walk more this year?

Resolution of Walking
    Human Skill (minortoken)
    Team Walk
    Walk, Team!
    Walk

Also another idea that would instantly be picked up by players is tokenless triple traits for any of the races.

Investment in Silver
    Elf skill
    Fey Silversmith
    Squeamish
    Superstitious

Essential Oils
    Elf Skill
    Slippery
    Vegetable Parts
    Combustible

Stay put
    Dwarf Skill
    Immovable
    Trip
    Fumble

Activist
    Dwarf Skill
    Blind Rage
    Mad Dog
    Wimpy

Emergency Preparedness
    Human skill
    Forward Thinking
    Fright
    Defensiveness

Move in groups
    Human skill
    Vanguard
    Cowardly
    Clumsy

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    SanPunkrazio and Scarponi like this.
  7. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

@tolkien, I hit Like when it was just Resolution of Walking, but then you added so many items I kept reading and repeating, "wow, no thank you." $8^ ,

On a related note,

Resolution of Bravery
    Human Skill, Common, (minortoken)
    Cowardly, Inspirational Thinking, Inspirational Thinking

I kept trying to decide what could be a proper Handicap for double I.T. -- but man, Cowardly is vicious...
    Resolution to Focus
    Dropped Guard, Inspirational Thinking, Inspirational Thinking
    maaaybe wouldn't be as bad, but still a bad Handicap? After all, it takes a (majortoken), but it's still a lot of cycling. (Wow, where was this thought during Aloyzo's "High Risk, High Reward" challenge?)

I also considered I.T. x2 + Slowed, but I couldn't even much think of a good resolution to go with it. Patience? Eh.

In other news, I got a laugh out of a fourth idea for Fleet x2 + ___, ha ha ha (the other three being my Smashing Spin + two ppl's current entries)*:
    Fleet, Fleet, Warp Run
    Legendary (majortoken) (level 21) $F^ b
    lol, how awful...
    (and before anyone thinks it's a good idea, remember that Warp Run should discard Fleet before the Move can become Free Move ... although I suppose testing that for sure would be nice, ha)

* EDIT: Oh, nevermind, I now see @j3st3ri changed his double Fleet entry to a "Forward-Thinking" Human item with no Forward Thinking card. $F^ P

I do really really the idea of Warp Run on an Elf Skill, (and Quick Reactions for that matter,) but Aloyzo said he wants to give a buttress to racial abilities -- not expand with new stuff.

@cycosurgeon: Since Scamper, Team! is more a Human Skill card, (and again, Aloyzo would rather reinforce than expand this month,) maybe Elvish Scamper instead? It's still an Uncommon (minortoken) Elf Skill if so.

I might as well plunk down Fleet x2 + Smashing for now. Epic (minortoken) and makes Smashing look like a decent addition for once, instead of merely tolerable or just bad (depending on the item). Maybe someone else will jump on the Inspirational Thinking ideas? $:^ J

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Hey, I was going to use that name! Actually, I was leaning towards "Resolution of Revolution" and was going to use all Spin cards: Violent, Smashing, and Around. But I didn't really like the result so I shelved the idea without even checking what level it would be.

9. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@Kalin excellent name for an item but i checked vakaz on level and... he's got Violent Spin rated at 6. Is that right? If so, it's a silver card pretending to be gold or vice versa. According to vakaz its just a rare lvl 15.

@ParodyKnaveBob was that a 'wow, no thanks" because they're really punishing items or because they're too powerful? Traits are so good but I tried to make each, besides activist card dropping as well for balance.

10. ParodyKnaveBob

@tolkien: So self-punishing. E.g., give an elf Vegetable Parts and Combustible? Yikes, despite Slippery being great. (Well, on re-reading, not all are super self-punishing.)

11. ParodyKnaveBob

@Kalin: Yeah, I had the same name thought, but felt all the extra syllables were unnecessarily long. (In contrast, I consider EarthBound's "Insignificant Item," "Unassuming Local Guy," "New-Age Retro Hippie," and full name for the "Bad Key Machine" ("The Machine That Opens Doors Even When You Have A Slightly Bad Key") to be necessarily long for humor's sake, heheh.)

Ironic that I don't even entirely like my item. To stop from deleting the entry, I keep having to remind myself of the nice ways I could use it, ha ha ha, plus double Fleet for minor!

EDITS: Oh, and Kalin, you can totally use a same or similar name. $:^ ]

@tolkien: I haven't specifically checked this just this moment, but I expect Elves get VSpin at a discount if you check the Cards.csv file.

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Cards.csv says "A,A,A,B,A,B,A"; which means usually gold, but silver for wizards and elves. So a Focused Violence would be level 18... Hmmm.

EDIT: Thinking about revolutions, I came up with this idea for a dwarf skill. I'm not sure if I'll submit it, mainly because I'd rather see elves get something from this contest.

Social Revolution
    level 18 uncommon Dwarf Skill (majortoken)
    Everybody Drink!, Everybody Drink!, Spin Around
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  13. hello world

hello world Hydra

Got a new idea for an elf skill and posted it, I'm hoping it will not be too broken, any idea for a new name?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  14. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

I like the idea of a 'Resolution of study'. Human skill: Inspired Thinking, Lateral Thinking, Investigate. Unfortunately a bit powerful and humans have enough good skills already.

15. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

That's a good idea, someone should definitely post it; I like the Inspirational Thinking, but I don't like any of the existing items that has it.

Also I don't think your idea is OP compared to, say all the human skills with 3 x traits.

Hope to see more items in the contest with Inspirational Thinking.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  16. ParodyKnaveBob

That's pretty neat, HisRoyalKnight! I hadn't considered Investigate in the "Thinking" realm during this contest, but that fits very nicely. Regarding its power, it's not focused per se, it's not Vanguard and/or Delegate, and it costs a (majortoken) if my mental math is right at level 21. Go for it! $:^ b

17. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Was thinking of "Resolution of Peace" or something as a Human skill item with "Retreat" and some other cards that you don't often see Retreat with that fits the theme.

Like "Lateral Thinking" or "Forward Thinking" and "Retreat"

Any thoughts?

18. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Here's my card suggestions for Resolution of Peace:

- Retreat (remove your team from conflicts)
    - Leadership (urge your team to lay down their arms)
    - Squeamish (Thou shalt not kill)

Stexe likes this.
  19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I like Muscle Through for the theme, but for some reason it's not allowed on human skills. And if it was me, I'd change the name to "Peaceful Resolution".

EDIT: It's a good thing Flax only allows one entry per person, because I now have nine elf skills to choose from.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    tolkien likes this.
  20. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Yeah, I was thinking Squeamish. Not sure about Leadership fitting the theme entirely, but it could work. Also, there's no Retreat + Leadership item (or many Leadership items in general), which would be neat to have.