Little advice needed....

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by harrybarry, Jan 9, 2018.

1. harrybarry

harrybarry Kobold

Sacboy
    Level 1 Human Warrior

MrColon
    Level 1 Human Warrior

Macbor
    Level 19 Human Warrior

Its not a final build as such, in fact, I just added the Chops in the today, went from laser damage and All out attack. Any suggestions helpful. I possibly need some more survivability cards?

Thanks in advance.

Sir Veza likes this.
  2. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

'Feedback and suggestions' refers to players giving F+S to the developers. This thread should be in 'deck building', I'm sure one of our helpful moderators will move it shortly ;)

As for your build, the person best able to give you advice is... you. Do you feel you need more survivabilty cards? When and how are your characters dying? Are you getting torn apart by wizards or warriors? does this build play well on large open maps or do you prefer small, tight corridors? Also, how do you like to play? A build can be optimised in many ways e.g. for the highest ELO or for the most fun. What do you want out of it?

Your first two warriors are chop-focused. Obliterating chop is a great card providing 2 conditions are met:
    1. You can hit two characters
    2. Putting yourself in a position to hit two characters isn't hurting you in the long run

Your support items (armor, shields etc.) are non-conventional. This isn't a bad thing if intentional - going against the status quo can be a great tactic! I imagine, however, that it is due to an unfamiliarity with commonly used items/small collection. In the deckbuilding section of this forum, many great builds (and some not-so-great ones) have been posted and you will find useful information. I suggest you pick up some ideas there if you haven't already and experiment a bit further. However, the denizens of the forums are quite happy to talk builds if you'd like more advice :)

ParodyKnaveBob, Robauke and Sir Veza like this.
  3. Derek

Derek Orc Soldier

I actually lack a majority of your weapons, so its difficult for me to visualize your builds, but in general here are some things I'm noticing:

Three human warriors might be spreading your collection a little thin. Do you feel like you compromised on any slot because the item you wanted was already being used? If so (and maybe even if not) I would fuse Sacboy and MrColon into one character. On this now fused single character I would also find an alternative shield and armor. Parrying Buckler and either Spiked Tlahuiztli or Perilous Ringmail are the go-to cheap items, but take another look through your legendaries too.

All 3 (or 2) of your warriors also need more movement. Especially Macbor. Pick a boot with three movements for him at least. Maybe even consider moving one of his weapons to the other warrior(s) in order to make room for a weapon with step attacks. While we're on Macbor, spending a major token on his skill only makes sense if you're absolutely sure you can make use of those traits. In order to do this successfully see my replacement character suggestion below; otherwise spend that major on a replacement weapon.

If you distill these warriors down to only two I recommend a control wizard for your third character. It'll help you get your low-movement team into position and it'll help you stop your opponent from isolating and teaming up on only one of your guys.

You seem to be overly worried about wizards and their magic damage. Is there a reason for this? I've found the way to deal with wizards is to kill them quickly. So instead of wasting armor on them, spend your tokens on movement cards (which are much more universally useful) so that you can close the gap between them and you in fewer turns.

You may also want to find a way to make one of your characters an elf. For this map rotation having a guaranteed Dash ensures you don't give a victory point to your opponent in the first round.

4. pr0s3lf

pr0s3lf Kobold

If you enjoy vanguard I would have to agree with Derek. More step attacks would allow you to cycles characters in and out of damage since you have no heals. 3 warriors need to be able to stick and move. You either need to be able to jump on the wiz quickly or stack some parry's to take out the warrior/priest. You defiantly want to out maneuver your opponent. Personally I like AoA chops, quick run chops or both if the stars align. But with the current rotation you wont find too many opponents standing next to each other with the vp's spread out.

Derek likes this.
  5. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

you might need more movement. Try throwing in more step attacks, or even armor that can help you move.

6. harrybarry

harrybarry Kobold

Sacboy
    Level 1 Human Warrior

Macbor
    Level 19 Human Warrior

Ananeardhon
    Level 1 Elf Wizard

Tried to take the advice on board, changed things a bit. Merged the two warriors together for Oblit. strike build. Added Wizard for cc. Any better? Havent had huge amount of luck so far in randoms.

7. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

it looks alright, although... won't the wizard get completely obliterated by another fire wizard?

harrybarry likes this.
  8. harrybarry

harrybarry Kobold

Yeah the wizard needs tweaking. :/ Already been trashed by warr's and wizards. Any further suggestions? :)

9. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

I'm not precisely sure how strong these other two guys really are in action. The "condensed" deck, taking out the traits, is 26 cards for sacboy and 28 for Macbor. The former has merely one draw card and the latter has... also only one draw card [the card for both being subtle parry]. Macbor is 1/3 made of 4-attack cards, which is not that great (especially if you compare it to hackmaster, which is 8 attack consistently). Yes, you have 6 "trump cards" on each guy, which is 1/4, so that's not bad, but it's not particularly easy to setup the kill. I do like what you've done with TK and Gusts on the wizard to help boost the two warriors, but you might want to watch out because the wizard seems pretty damn important due to the lack of movement on the two warriors.

10. harrybarry

harrybarry Kobold

Draw cards are important it seems? I suppose Ive mainly gone for those weapons because of the green cards. I get easily excited by greens. Ugh. Maybe I should re-evaluate the damage consistency of the weapons. Hmm.

11. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

a lot of people consider 2 hackmaster better than 2 infused greatclub

12. Sasoo8

Sasoo8 Guild Leader

Sacboy

Currently, the weakest item on Sacboy is Giant's Battleaxe. You are sacrificing 2 minor tokens for only 2 good cards and a ton of junk cards. Replace Giant's battleaxe with Eixocl's hammer or Rageblood dagger for more step attacks/movement. Alternatively, you can save two tokens by swapping in a Blazing Shortsword and use the extra tokens for better defense/ movement. Here's my suggestion:

Level 1 Human Warrior
    Axe Of The Titans
    Quick Jon's Axe
    Giant's Battleaxe ---> Blazing shortsword (range 2 helps to poke for blocks and do extra damage when you cannot reach range 1)
    Cuirass Of Froth
    Nightmetal Shield ---> Upgrade to steel-rimmed buckler or Parrying buckler for more reliable defense. Shifting block is way too random.
    Quigley's Cap ---> Switch to Tough Leather Cap if you have it
    Garalem's Boots
    Subtle Positioning
    Novice Slicing ---> Switch to Savvy Attacker for more team movement, Frenzied or Powered Slicing for more oomph, and frenzied lycanthropy or howling lycanthropy are also good choices

Macbor
    I understand that Sacboy is your multi-target chopper, and Macbor is your single target killer. However, he has way too little movement to catch other characters, especially wizards with control. Between the gouging helm, 3 infused greatclubs, and novice crushing, he also has way too many little attacks.

I recommend the following for good, consistent single target damage and mobility, and to utilize your major tokens more:

Level 19 Human Warrior
    Infused Greatclub ---> Bejeweled Shortsword
    Infused Greatclub ---> Talissa's trident or another Bejeweled Shortsword
    Infused Greatclub ---> If you have talissa's trident, stay with infused greatclub. If you have another bejeweled shortsword, change to rageblood dagger or eixocl's hammer.
    Cuirass Of Froth
    Rook
    Gouging Helm ---> Upgrade to a Tough Leather Cap
    Count Yurik's Slippers ---> Marmot boots to close the distance
    Subtle Positioning
    Novice Crushing ---> Use reckless lycanthropy if you have it

Ananeardhon
    Elf wizards are going to be difficult to keep alive in any rotation. I suggest you change the elf wizard into a human wizard with Sparkling cloth armor and keep him alive until he draws delegate. Or you can run a support human delegate priest with mass frenzies and heals!
    Level 1 Elf Wizard ---> Human
    Staff Of The Fire God ---> Gusting Feystaff or Overloaded Staff
    Staff Of The Fire God ---> Gusting Feystaff or Overloaded Staff
    Ring Of Appropriation
    Ring Of Appropriation

Brainfire Orb ---> Rod of Palver Pree --- if no palver pree, consider sensate's ring, blasting amulet, rust creature gland, or armorbane pendant.
    Pendant Of Artax ---> Rod of Palver Pree
    Robes Of White Wylla ---> Emberfloat mantle. Save a major token.
    Garalem's Boots
    Untrained Footwork ---> Venerable Positioning or Make haste for that sweet, sweet delegate
    Novice Pyromancy ---> Superb Electromancy to make your control vs enemies work better and for that occasional 11 damage hit to finish off the enemy

Pawndawan, Sir Veza and smg225 like this.
  13. pr0s3lf

pr0s3lf Kobold

traits allow you to condense the deck giving you better chance at drawing what you want. if you enjoy elf wiz consider fleet, which i believe is underrated, and flank moves.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.