Let's introduce ourselves!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Zenebar, Jul 21, 2011.

?

Which "class" do you align with the most?

1. Warrior

27.7%
  2. Rogue

30.5%
  3. Wizard

41.8%
  1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Welcome to Cardhuntria, Tsukinaga! I hope you'll like it here.

2. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Welcome Luna ;)

3. eldecrok

eldecrok Kobold

Yo! I'm kinda new to the game, but kinda not.

I've played since it came out on Kong, and left for a LONG time.

I'm not into D&D (Yet), but it seems pretty fun from what I've heard.

I'm highly opinionated on my issues, so I ask the mods not to kill me off without a warning or two.

Well, that's all I'm sharing for now, gtg make myself look nice.

Btw, I'm a wizard, I have high marks in school and I know the art of "Computer Programming*"

*Novice level, Java and JavaScript my weakness in learning this art is time and typos. My strength is making any code I work on slightly more robust (at the very least!)

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Welcome!
    Me too. Expressing them, even very strongly, without denigrating those whose opinions differ usually works out fine both in this game, and in real life.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Paxaro

Paxaro Kobold

Well after 3 months of lurking the forums, I finally decided to make an account; Holy wow there's a lot of suddenly visible sigs. Used to D&D about 5 years ago, but haven't in a while, but card hunter seems to be just enough like it to scratch the itch for kick in the door D&D

6. FrozenDevilz

FrozenDevilz Kobold

I'm the Master & Lord of the Devil, Frozen in my chamber, waiting to unleash the...

Just kidding, I'm just an extra-ordinary guy who lives in an extra-ordinary life!

I've played this game around the mid-end of 2014 on Kongregate after Yu-Gi-Oh BAM! is about to shut down & this game suddenly replaced it's position as the number 1 CCG game. (Apparently until now)

After I found Steam which is on late December, this game became long forgotten, as well as my Kongregate account became long forgotten too.

I don't really know why, maybe because Steam has more many interesting game rather than browser-based games.

And then I found this game again on Steam, & I said "Why did I leave this game back then?"

After a couple of weeks playing this game again, I decided to join the forum because I think "This game is great, I enjoyed it, but it could've been more better."

So I probably won't be making many other posts, as you can see, my main reason to make this account is to make this game and the forum better by giving a few of my silly ideas to the devs.

I think I might thread-spamming on Feedback and Suggestions after this post. (Not in a bad way for sure)

Sorry for the very long intro, I know most of you won't be reading this post.

Also, sorry for the bad English, because English is not my Native languange.

If you wanted to know more about me, just PM me.

Well, if you're reading this post until the end, I wish you have a great time lurking this forum & playing the game!

7. Kytos

Kytos Kobold

Hello! I'm terribly shy when it comes to voicing myself unless particularly motivated, so I dunno how often I'll actually post rather than simply read...but no harm in saying hi anyway, right??

I've been playing Card Hunter for some weeks now (with sadly little headway in the campaign proper ever since unlocking the Mauve Manticore adventures - they eat all my time with their dastardly addicting levels of fun and creativity!), and I really am enjoying myself! It's amazing how well this game captures the feel of the tabletop gatherings I loved so much. I look forward to continuing to enjoy my time with it, and hopefully here as well! Though I do apologize in advance to anyone that happens run into me during my small ventures into Multiplayer...I have a tendency to overthink so my moves can be slow, as has been...noted time and again by the people I've played thus far. Here's to hoping we all have a good time all the same!

8. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

@Kytos - 1. welcome! 2. Nothing wrong with thinking through your moves! Card Hunter is a tough game. I'm sure you'll get a lot more enjoyment out of it from thinking ahead instead of rushing forward.

9. I'm not entirely sure if I've posted here, but I'm going to regardless.

I'm Rainingrecon, often shorted to Rain or recon (take your pick), and I picked up CH around a year ago. I was a bit burned out, but I'm slowly making my way back (mostly through QD leagues. Ranked matches give me too much stress now =p)

Aside from being a university student, I enjoy playing virtually all types of games, whether they be FPS, RTS, CCGs like Card Hunter, TD, tabletop, etc. (No fighters though. It all looks like button mashing to me.) I'm also about to DM my first D&D campaign, which I'm both excited for and dreading slightly.

ParodyKnaveBob, Stexe and Pawndawan like this.
  10. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

What are you studying / where?

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Good Luck, and Have Fun!
    Know your campaign well. Be flexible, but don't allow your players to walk over you.
    When your players blind side you with something you never thought of (which will happen if you have good players), don't get yourself in trouble by making a snap decision. Think it through a bit.
    (I would occasionally page through the books, scribble on paper, and roll dice in an effort to avoid just giving them a blank, glassy stare.)

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  12. Currently at ASU, seeking a BSE in Chemical Engineering.

Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to keep that in mind. =)

ParodyKnaveBob and winner like this.
  13. Cooldood

Cooldood Kobold

Hi!

My name is Cooldude on the forums, but Cooldood is my birth name.

I've heartily enjoyed CH in a competitive form and for solo/co-op fun for about a year now. Met some cool dudes in-game and had fun as guild principal of BEERBARIANS CREW leading by example. But also to any BEERBARIANS reading - there will be changes a-coming.

And we will be recruiting soon! Will explain more in a cool announcement in the guild section of forum...

From Cooldude of Cooldudaria in Cardhuntria!

winner, Han Lee and Sir Veza like this.
  14. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Kyto's,

Much like you I'm kinda shy myself but been coming more and more out of my shell in life and in the game. BTW I love the avaitar you picked! Is that from the Reboot cartoon like I think it is?

Anyhow, my name is wereviper. I am turning 29 tomorrow. I've not actually played D&D but I have played D&D style games such as Nox, Neverwinter Nights and well now this game!

I actually came across card hunter some months ago in search of a cool MMORPG to play and as I've liked card games such as Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic: The Gathering, this has become a perfect fit for me! Combining a card game with a board game is very inovatavie to me and I'm so glad to of found such a cool community of people!

I orignally played Card Hunter through my browser but just a month or so ago I downloaded Steam and I like the game play much better now and for me it plays smoother than in my browser.

Anyhow, I've just started hanging out the forms resently to get more of a feel for the community and I've been more impressed so far :) keep up the good work and I look forward to playing some of you in multiplayer!

ParodyKnaveBob, winner, trrst and 2 others like this.
  15. Quadsqwi

Quadsqwi Kobold

Hello all,
    I'm Leonardo from Italy and new here on the forum! I was trying to write here on the forum for some days and finally did it thanks to CH Farbs support :D

CHeers!

16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Welcome, Leonardo!

17. winner

winner Orc Soldier

Hi i am a winner i have been playing card hunter for over about 3 years, I really enjoyed this game and I can help any newbies in the game

Sir Veza and Stexe like this.
  18. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

At first I thought you were just bragging about winning, but then I saw your actual user name is "winner" :-P

ParodyKnaveBob and winner like this.
  19. winner

winner Orc Soldier

It is winner

20. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

I'm known as 9spaceking in game and I've played this game for a long time, though I still don't have staff of the fire god -.-

anyhow I like this game, although sometimes the luck aspect gets me a bit angry >.<

winner and Sir Veza like this.