getting rid of duplicates, what is the "smallest deck" possible?

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Goodwin, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

by "smallest deck" I mean like if you get rid of all your duplicate cards (as stated within the title). I know some builds you can get like 15 dodges or something insane like that. Counting only unique cards on weapons, and using multiplayer restrictions, how "small" could your deck be? (I know using 3x hackmaster makes your weapon at least only consist of strong hacks and weak strikes... you maybe able to dwindle down the rest as well for consistent draws...)

I'm just asking for fun. Since there are highlander decks with the most inconsistent draws possible, I thought it'd be nice to know how consistent you can get.

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

3x Trickster's Blade drops you to one distinct card, and raises your remaining tokens to 2 major.

3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Are traits counted, or do they not count since they self-replace and therefore improve the consistency of the deck even when there are many different traits.

Also, when you say:
    Do you mean specifically weapons, or just all items of a specific character?

Lastly, can you use naked slots? (I have actually intentionally gone naked in one slot for a build before.)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  4. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

sorry if it's ambiguous, I meant all items, including naked slots. Only weapon answer is easy--but you then make it impossible to spend those tokens to have duplicate cards on armor or skills

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

6. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

niiiice

7. winner

winner Orc Soldier

yea nice

8. hello world

hello world Hydra

I can do 7 cards in human wizards without using the same item twice. 8 on human priests and 6 on human warriors

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    ParodyKnaveBob and Scarponi like this.
  9. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

[MELVIN] Actually... [/MELVIN]

Perhaps you meant The Strongarm -- because the weapon you mentioned would instead give you only Strong Hacks and Pulverizing Hacks. (And uh, some people around here have faced the wrath of such a ridiculous build, lol.)