Anyone done all challenges for one adventure?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Sir Knight, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

The goblin kings fortress lvl1

It seams pretty much unbeatable

2. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Well, at least you don't have to waste gold or pizza restarting on the first battle, right?

Speaking of which: the developers might consider making it impossible to waste money reviving on the first battle. There is no benefit from spending that money, and you can get the same effect by going to the map and then heading back in. I could see players getting confused, wasting money, and then complaining.

. . . Ooh, different topic. Since you're doing the 1-HP challenges, Wozarg, there's a possible code collision with Resurrection (the card which launched this thread) that could be good to test. Do you have a copy? I don't, so it's either up to you or SurgeonFish.

See, the card says "That character has 5 Health." You're supposed to have only 1 Health in the quest. But then, well, you die, and any of a number of loose thread could remain in the code. So what would happen if you were resurrected?

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I generally don't run priests but i can give it a try for the sake of testing

4. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Works like it should but with 1 hp instead of 5

5. Sir Knight

Okay, good.

There aren't too many critters with less than 5 Health, so they probably didn't think they needed to say "That character is given UP TO 5 Health."

6. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Finally managed to complete all the challenges for one, at long last ^_^

Return to Woodhome - Human Warrior/Wiz/Priest combo didn't take too long, had a few lucky draws =D No retries purchased.

7. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Well I'm up to 3 adventures with all challenges complete.

Caverns of the Troglodytes.
    The Defense of Woodhome.
    The Wizard's Workshop. (This one required about 150 gold worth of retries on later maps).

I've given up the first map on Cave of the Trog Wizard as pretty much impossible in the 1hp challenge. I might try again later with something like an all-warrior group(the goal being having two+ Reliable Mail in hand for effective immunity to Stab).

8. Sir Knight

At long, long last, I've beaten all three quests on Beneath the Frozen Earth. That was absurd. I'm not sure how much fake pizza I wasted on the 1 HP quest, but it was a few hundred.

Can we have, I dunno, a "1 Health wonder" achievement badge for our account if we manage this sort of stunt?

Jon likes this.
  9. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I did that one in like three retries :p just braging!

10. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

Progress update: all no party death challenges done, onward to all drawback challenges!

Jon likes this.
  11. Sir Knight

As soon as I equipped a Smoke Bomb, I finished the last battle in one try.

Given your personal strategy, too, I wonder what we can learn from this . . .

12. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

No smoke without fire?

13. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

104/ 158 Done ish!

14. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

You're getting there!

15. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Wow.

16. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Just curious, are the 1hp challenges popular ? engaging ? worth the time/effort ?

Tend to view these 'extras' as twists to the main puzzle. Having virtually identical challenges every adventure felt kinda stale. Like to know what everyone else thinks. Personally I'd prefer crafted challenges specific to adventure. Unfortunately, that would require more manpower than BM's current strength allows.

17. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

Changes in the types of mobs and environments, I would assume, can easily make the same type of challenge different. Whether every one is different enough or not would have to be something wozarg elaborates on.

18. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

I just had a lightbulb for the 1 hp replacement. Swarm Fest: Gary keeps introducing minions of the same variety randomized onto the board. eg: Lair of the Trog Wizard...say, on the 2nd turn, he adds another Trog Scuttler to the board. On the 4th turn, he adds yet another scuttler and a trog wizard. And he keeps building that way until the board is cleared or the party is dead. Wicked !! :D

edit: obviously, there should be a minion cap somewhere :p

Pengw1n likes this.
  19. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yeah, some sort of survival mode would/could be awesome. Either as a challenge or a separate game mode.

20. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

That idea, while good, sounds like a horrible experience. :(