Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Dwarves already have Hawkwind's Moccasins and they're the majority of wizards, so I don't think it's necessary.

Currently, 68 different cards have been used on Arcane items. Here's a list of those cards sorted by the number of times the card appears on Arcane items:

"Top" 15
    1. Arcane Feedback, Combustible, Ember Burst, Inquisition Bolt, Lava Pool, Loner & Minor Illusion (1)
    8. Defensiveness, Flame Spit, Melt Armor, Swarm Of Bats, Traveling Curse & Trip (2)
    14. Brain Burn & Prestidigitation (3)

Card,Count
    Arcane Feedback,1
    Combustible,1
    Ember Burst,1
    Inquisition Bolt,1
    Lava Pool,1
    Loner,1
    Minor Illusion,1
    Defensiveness,2
    Flame Spit,2
    Melt Armor,2
    Swarm of Bats,2
    Traveling Curse,2
    Trip,2
    Brain Burn,3
    Prestidigitation,3
    Mind Leak,4
    Squeamish,4
    Arcane Curse,5
    Creature of the Night,6
    Volcano,6
    Ancient Grudge,7
    Illusory Barrier,7
    Zap,7
    Burning Fingers,8
    Force Cannon,8
    Forgetfulness,8
    Accelerate Time,9
    Little Zap,9
    Dual Laser Beacon,10
    Hypnotic Beacon,10
    Reflexive Teleport,10
    Force Cone,11
    Magma Spray,11
    Dissolve Armor,12
    Force Blast,12
    Memory Loss,12
    Teleport Self,12
    Whirlwind Enemies,12
    Arcane Spray,13
    Boiling Armor,13
    Ember Spray,13
    Laser Beacon,13
    Smoke Bomb,13
    Wall of Illusion,13
    Whirlwind,13
    Flame Jet,14
    Force Bolt,16
    Maze,16
    Penetrating Zap,16
    Winds of War,16
    Gusts of War,17
    Wall of Fire,17
    Path of Knives,18
    Perplexing Ray,18
    Acid Spray,19
    Boo!,19
    Fire Spray,19
    Hot Spot,19
    Big Zap,20
    Telekinesis,20
    Counterspell,21
    Flash Flood,22
    Cone of Cold,23
    Firestorm,25
    Short Perplexing Ray,26
    Acid Blast,29
    Glob of Flame,30
    Stone Spikes,30

2. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Ok, I guess I am the only one not to have those boots. :)
    Looking at the list I had an idea for another item - feel free to use it if you have no ideas -

Misanthrope 's Bauble
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  3. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

Was thinking about a major token control item....? they don't really exist unless you count hypnotic beacon. I don't think this is overpowered??

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Any name suggestions? I thought something tornado or hurricane related but couldn't come up with much...

4. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Here's a wild suggestion; change one of the Winds Of War cards into Gusts Of War and name the item "Cap of Four Winds". (it's a traditional sami headgear that has four "points" which are said to symbolize the winds blowing from four cardinal directions)

5. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

You can also name it Bag of winds.
    You know, like the one from the Odyssey.

6. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Too bad Taunt or Hear Them Out isn't in arcane items; the name would be even more perfect :D

Sir Veza likes this.
  7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Or the ones in legislatures...

tolkien and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  8. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

9. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

mckeen's posts reminded me: some months ago, I had an idea (iirc) for a rare level 21 (majortoken) Arcane Item to make my elf happier in The Metallic Monstrosity, lol. Winds of War, Gusts of War, Telekinesis. I might have even had some nifty name with Aeolus in it, but I don't recall in the least. If anyone wants to toss that in, go for it. If not, then I'll probably move Aloyzo's Whirligig into the discussion thread and replace it with this "real" entry. $F^ J

10. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

Nice! I didn't copy, cross my heart. Great minds think alike I guess. :cool:

Personally I'm rooting for Robauke's Embettled Soil, Everlasting Ground is basically a new card and would be a welcome addition in my spellbook.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  11. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@BlackVoidDeath s submission makes acid mages a temptation again since up to this point i don't believe we've had access to acid jet on arcane item.
    I really like (i know others don't) introducing slight changes in meta to the game every now and then.

12. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I didnt know that acid jet wasnt on arcane items, but the fact that the item costs a major token probably wont allow for many acid builds but then again I dont know much about acid mages (if it does then great, who doesnt love a bit of acid).
    I chose acid jet because it fit the theme of the other two cards (silver quality & multiple terrain) the best out of all acid cards.
    ~~~
    Since I am already here I might as well explain the item: in case anyone didnt get my card choices most physical paints are made using a ryb scheme but because yellow blessed terrain isnt exactly an option I made it rgb and called it Madman's Paint pallet because rgb are the primary colors of light but who has ever heard of rgb being used as primary colors in on a paint pallet :p
    edit: also because you are somehow conjuring fire, acid and water out of a paint pallet.
    For more information on ryb vs rgb go to google, its actually a fairly interesting topic (for me at least): sources 1 2.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    SceoMyntan, Founder, Maniafig and 2 others like this.
  13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

As Van Gogh said, "You gotta have an ear for it."

My immediate idea for an item for Aloyso (based upon the campaign story-line) was...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

...but...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

...is probably more appropriate.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  14. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Oooh, Burn, Aloyzo!
    Nice one cerveza.

15. BUSSM1593

BUSSM1593 Orc Soldier

tolkien likes this.
  16. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I'd also suggest getting rid of Punishing Beam, I don't think a card which can easily do 15 damage with 6 range should be on an Arcane Item. :p

17. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

The amount of submissions that are clearly beyond the boundaries of validity is worrying, i count 14-16 depending on your severity.
    One more subtle thing is, i dont think "moves only" + trait can pass as an arcane item. At least Prestidigitation got the "magic arcane" label...

winner, PULSEFIRE and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  18. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Maybe I should've changed my entry to a real one after all. Sooo many completely unwinnable entries (just like Rob said) might've meant I had a real chance, lol. Still, obviously, my entry merely intended to get a laugh and a head-shake out of Flak, lol...

Sir Veza likes this.
  19. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

At @Robauke is your submission beyond the boundary of validity? Are we using the cards.csv as that boundary or the item design guide?
    I hear what you're saying, alot of people perhaps unaware of the design guide.

20. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Thanks for taking up my slack on this one. :cool:
    I don't think my entry will win, but I believe it meets the criteria. I couldn't find a deck list for the Aloyzo CoC character, but I hope it could serve as an improvement. If it doesn't, I really hope it isn't picked.
    [confession]I've never made it past level 9, and haven't even attempted CoC in months. On the whole, it's proven more reward/time efficient for me to farm the campaign than to run CoC.[/confession]