Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Founder

Founder Hydra

Seems a bit overpowered to me. Clumsy isn't much of a drawback if you have vengeance, because you can always turn to face your attacker. Boo doesn't fit on weapons and gives warriors way too much power. If you get hit, vengeance behind them, and then use 'boo', you have free reign to attack.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

It is probably strong, but Clumsy can be problematic, especially if you don't get a Vengeance. What would you suggest to keep the feel of a never relenting serial killer?

3. Founder

Founder Hydra

You'll have vengeance more often than you have clumsy, and it will be even less of a problem if you take other weapons with movement cards or vengeance.

I'm not convinced the theme of an unrelenting serial killer gives you much scope to fit in the design brief. However:

Backstab anti-synergises with clumsy.
    Vengeance anti-synergies with trip.

A combination of those might work.

4. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Backstab isn't a player card so I doubt it would fly. Trip doesn't fit very well with stalking serial killer from a horror film. I was thinking some type of Encumber or something instead (like Slowed), but I think Clumsy is neat and could use more items with it. I would try both, but I think that might be a bit too punishing for an item.

Plus, there is already Grimsong's Scythe for an item with Vengeance and Slowed.

The idea is you just don't attack them if they have Vengeance and Clumsy. If they have only Clumsy and not Vengeance you can really pick on someone with multiple hits in a row without them being able to easily retaliate.

As for it being overpowered, it is strong but I wouldn't say OP. There are similar expensive cards with Vengeance out there like Final Sword, Silver Pitchfork, and Talissa's Trident.

tolkien likes this.
  5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Hi Stexe!
    I think that depends upon the flick. Many killers perform flawlessly against those they're scripted to kill, but foul up slightly versus the one slated to survive. A minor mishap (such as tripping) allowing an escape is a fairly common theatrical device which allows both to survive for a possible sequel.

Both handicaps seem suitable to me, with Trip being a bit harsher. Good item, either way.

seth arue, Stexe and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  6. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I wish it was. I'd use it.

7. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Return of the vicious wolverine?

8. Robo11500

Robo11500 Mushroom Warrior

1) Robo11500
    2) Pocket-Candle
    3) Arcane Item
    4)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Flavour text: "It's a lit candle you store in your pocket, to keep you warm through those monsters nights. (Coming soon, a Candle-Pocket to safely store all those candles you've been hording, WARNING! Pocket-Candle is highly flammable and should be kept away from pockets at all costs)."

So, does Fireball mess up the "Arcane Item" part of this item and should Combustible be replaced with a better card?

9. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Fireball definitely does not belong on an Arcane Item, there's a rule that Arcane Items can't have attacks that have both a high range (>2) and high damage (>2) and Fireball breaks both rules quite handily. Currently the only cards that break that rule are Firestorm which hits allies and the user as well and one instance of Ember Burst on Kolt 45.

Sir Veza, Stexe and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Also, items don't have flavor text.

11. Founder

Founder Hydra

Any thoughts on my item?

Level 15, Legendary

Ancient Grudge, Counterspell, Short Perplexing Ray

The intention is to synergise card discards.

12. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I don't see the synergy myself, Ancient Grudge works based on the owner's discard pile so it synergizes with cards that cycle the deck (Traits, Inspiration, Spell Skill, Pathfinding etc.) rather than cards that make the enemy discard cards.

13. Founder

Founder Hydra

Perhaps synergise wasn't the right word. It's supposed to play on the fact that it encourages your own discards and forces the other player's discards. Counterspell is the middle ground which can do both.

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

You can get a little synergy by having multiple chars with the item, but the randomness of SPR makes it risky.

15. Founder

Founder Hydra

Wow not cool Miniafig. Way to steal my idea >_>

16. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I fail to see how I am stealing anything, our submissions only share one card and are dissimilar in theme, token cost or rarity. The intent behind mine is that it's a feud which is on the verge of being forgotten, your is themed around non-memory related discard effects.

Please don't harbour an Ancient Grudge over this.

17. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

I really like @Rohndil 's Phantom Brick... It seems to follow the rules well, competitive without being too powerful, I could imagine a reasonable trade off with Phantom Pain. You have the weaker Wall Of Illusion to make up for more barriers overall and it is a rare. Plus, Minor Illusion is only on one card so far. Although there could be a concern with three barrier type cards on one item? which would be a first... but my favorite submission by a long way so far.

Now if only I had some ideas...

Rohndil and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  18. Founder

Founder Hydra

The hardest thing about this is that Arcane Items are largely used for control, burning, or terrain effects. There's very little that hasn't already been done adequately on existing arcane items, which isn't either useless or so focused as to be overpowered.

ParodyKnaveBob and SceoMyntan like this.
  19. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I had the same idea wayyy back and was considering to enter it into the competition. Luckily for @Rohndil, I ended up with something else :p

Rohndil and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  20. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

So, I have made an item for dwarven mages.
    They need moblity badly, and can take the damage (often they come with armor included).
    What are your opinions on that?