[Utility] Collection Analysis

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Feb 1, 2014.

1. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Happenstance likes this.
  2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Tested with Chrome and Firefox. Works fine and looks good. :)
    [​IMG]

ParodyKnaveBob, Sir Veza and Stexe like this.
  3. Well I tested the tools. Here some sugestions

About the badges collection: At first, I didn't understand what was the diamonds and the color representation of them. Then, I get it: Is the representation of the set of items you include in the complecionist % Maybe a better option could be add the logo of the Set (for example for CM, the ingame logo is a pink M) But I don't know if that is hard to implement or difficult to appreciate at first sight.

About the collection analysis: One of the most important things the tool is missing is the posibility to watch every Omited item. For example if I'm missing 40 weapons for Max Usable, I want to see all the 40, not only a few. A posible solution could be add the option to "Show all" (that could be displaced in another tab). Also if there is an option to sort the results, for example, by name or by lvl, could be perfect

And if I can suggest even more: An import option of the results (all them) to txt or csv could be a nice touch .

About Shop excess: Add the option "max usable" I think that is the most important part of the analysis of the shops: to see what are you missing to max usable!

Also, a general feedback: Add a description about What the tool does. Specially the new aditions like shop analysis, mining log, equipament

Thank in advance @PhoenixTheHunter

Edit: Forgot to mention. A Collection badge for max usable can be cool too. And a Way to make it diferent from the normal badge.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    ParodyKnaveBob, Sir Veza and Stexe like this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

If my memory serves me (it's a sometimes thing these days) the Mining Log was the first of @neoncat's tools implemented, and the least used these days. It is an outgrowth of @ClimbHigh starting this thread. Partway through the thread @Jarmo is running the analysis aspect, and several of us assist in gathering the data. Manual tabulation really slowed things down.

In brief, the mining log uses a snapshot of your inventory taken before you start and compares it to a snapshot you take when you finish. It enabled me to record 1000 or more drops per session while preventing human error. Huge help, but probably mainly a historical tidbit at this point. Unless they change the loot drop formulas again.

In hindsight I wish I'd thought to ask for a txt or csv output. Good one, Will!

ParodyKnaveBob and Force.ofWill like this.
  5. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I can host the updated stuff when you feel it is ready. I assume people still use the current neoncat tools on my website even if some of them are broken?

6. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Yep.

ParodyKnaveBob and Stexe like this.
  7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Oops. Forgot to mention the utilities work properly in Iron, Opera, and K-meleon browsers.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  8. Hey guys,

this will be the first of at least two posts (it's just too much text/content for one). First of all let me answer some of your posts.

1.) The old version already used colored diamonds. So, why change a running system?
    2.) The logos are great (congrats to the devs) but they don't scale well. If you scale them to 8x8 pixels you get some unrecognizable colored objects, so no great difference to unrecognizable colored diamonds. And if you take the logos without scaling the whole badge would get to big.
    3.) Letters are problematic, too, because too many sets (re-)use the same letters (too many "A"s)

I realized these problems myself and there will be solutions to it. Sorting is - for me - only a nice-to-have so other problems will probably go first. At the moment I prefer the other-tab-approach for the Show-All thing, but I'm still planning. But if you can wait for my other posts, then use the filter opportunity in the new collection analysis and select only weapons. The different level lists will then (hopefully) show all 40.

First of all, did you really mean import or perhaps export? If it was export, there is the collection export tool. Could you please elaborate further what other things you'll like to have exported. If import, what do you want to import.

The Shop Excess tool calculates to MAX USABLE (at least it is supposed to do this - something working wrong with your copy of the tools?). Do you wish to choose to only see new items? There is a shop button for that.

There is only one new tool - the shop excess - but yes, I'll add descriptions. That was on my to-do-list already.

Can you read my mind? All the good ideas I already had posted by someone else. Really weird.

I guess your memory is outdated. If it were a simple snapshot comparison, it'll be a piece of cake to refactor it. But if its only purpose was to get reliable numbers on the drop rates, then just let it die??

See you in a couple of minutes when I finished writing the next post.

ParodyKnaveBob and Mr. Magnifico like this.
  9. Welcome back, I hope you liked the advertisement in the meanwhile ;)

This post will be about the filtering in the collection analysis. The campaign badge will either follow within an hour or so or tomorrow. I decided to exclude an essential part of the badge tool: The tool checked each adventure if it could actually appear in-game (sometimes the devs add adventures to the file before they are released). This code was a bit buggy and I haven't finished my redesign, so for now the tool will just include all adventures that are present in the server file. But I'll reintegrate the checks soon.

But now let's focus on the filtering. First of all, if you use a filter to find some items fulfilling specific criteria, do you want to get the items listed that you miss? Probably not, so you can now choose one of three options (but they are only affecting the item lists on the right and not the numbers): list the missing items, list the collected items or list the excessing items. This last option makes the collection excess tool more or less obsolete but I kept it for now. The second new option is an improvement of the "max-usable" checkbox. Now you have 7 different levels:
    Level 1: one of each (the old disabled "max-usable")
    Level 2: equip one character (4 Arcane Items, 3 Weapons, 1 of each Skill, etc)
    Level 3: equip a balanced group (like Level 2 but 3 Boots and 2 Shields - one warrior, one wizard, one priest with all races present)
    Level 4: equip a whole team (the old enabled "max-usable")
    Levels 5-7: like 2-4 but every items counts as 1 (instead of the number of copies missing) and an item gets counted if you reached the selected max. (Just test it, you'll get what I mean)

Now let's get to the exciting part: The Filter. There is a wide text field where you can enter filter rules. I've created a cheat sheet for you to get to know the syntax. If you want to get your fingers dirty very quickly, test some filters from the "Concrete Scenarios"-section, otherwise you'll have to read a bit. Sure, the Keep's filter is just write some text and see the results. Mine is more complex (to learn) but offers way more features so it's definitely worth the time you spend with the introduction.

I hope the Cheat Sheet will answer most of your questions, otherwise ask me for help.

Greetings, Phoenix (in case the campaign badge tool isn't done today)

PS: if you think the old collection analysis version was better just download one of the earlier attachments, but I hope we can agree on one version (especially when it comes to the tools that will be hosted by Stexe).

Attached Files:

10. Stexe

I could in theory host both since they take up almost no bandwidth and I'd be happy to have them both running. But it would probably be easier to just go with a single version.

ParodyKnaveBob and Mr. Magnifico like this.
  11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You're right. The first version I used wasn't by neoncat. I had trouble with freezes when running long sessions in verbose mode with his and reverted. It should still work well enough for shorter sessions or better computers, so I recommend leaving it as is because it should still be usable.

12. Hey guys,

excellent news! All tools are done. Even the mentioned check if adventures can actually appear in-game is already included. Was way easier than I thought.

Two points I want to say:
    1.) Have you seen that the badge tools can create multiple badges? Or to rephrase it: It you create a new badge, the old ones are kept. This was by intention and not a bug. You can generate several badges with different options and take the one you like the most.
    2.) The adventure check respects your selections. If you exclude locked adventures the tool will assume that you want to exclude adventures that require locked adventures, too (best example, excluding locked adventures will exclude all AI (hard) adventures, too, although they aren't locked themselves). If you don't like this, I can change it (it's done in a matter of seconds, just altering the data processing order)

Have fun with the tools and please tell me if something doesn't work.

Greetings Phoenix

Attached Files:

13. Stexe

Looks good. I tested it briefly. I'll probably add it to my site in a week or so after I see a few other people test it. Surprised you didn't put your name on it anywhere from what I could tell. :-P

14. Oh sorry, my mistake. Yes, I Was talking about an export option. Yes, there is an export tool, but i talk about export the result of, for example, the collection analysis. All the information. And if posible to .txt or to a .csv.

Sadly even with the filter I can't see all, because there are 29 from base set. Of course, after see by lvls, I can see the mayority of the ones I'm missing. With the exception of one levl were I'm missing 17 (so two are omited).

Sorting for sure is a nice to have, super usefull. But is really wise to go for the problems first.

Works like intended, it shows to max usable. (don't know why happen the last time)

About Campaing badge: Works fine for me. I guess we need someone like scarponi (with have all the medals) to see if it counts every map (i don't have the locked ones)

About the filter: Seems powerfull, didn't use an exhaustive use of it. For the things I searched worked fine (except for the omited results, but I know you will came with an excelent solution). Also I like the new way to count and list options. Are very usefull.

About Cheat Sheet for Custom Item Filter: Informative, what a good job! Of course it needs some reads for a good understanding of everything, but at the end, it will be worth.

15. I wanted to make it right first and now I can make it pretty. I had an other project those responsibility I passed over to the "next generation", hence, I have experienced how to handle former authorship and I'll find a way to still honor @neoncat but clearly state who to bother if something breaks. ;)

So, instead of doing a html-formatting to visually show the results you want to have a csv-formatted one. At the moment I don't know how to offer a download functionality as the whole magic happens in your browser and there is no server involved, but I'll figure it out.

I could tell you to restrict the item rarity but this won't be a proper solution to the general problem. Be sure, I'll take care of this soon.

This was half of the work. The filtering itself had grown and developed over weeks. But the description was the last to finish (within days) otherwise the only one capable of using it would have been me. I hope that I haven't messed with the brackets anywhere. I was extra careful but I'm a human after all. If there are ideas how to improve it further just let me know. As the author I cannot (fully) judge if others can get what I want to tell them.

PS: One last idea about the campaign badge: While working on this tool I discovered that I could easily add an additional bar to highlight how many levels you've co-oped. On the one hand this would be a nice addition because everyone who hasn't finished the campaign yet can already work on a second bar to fill. On the other hand this would be the only bar those information isn't visible in-game (You can count the medals yourself, but there is no visible marking for co-oped levels). Any opinions?

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Possibly useful? https://github.com/eligrey/FileSaver.js

17. Awesome. Also if I search instead for collected items, it show a lot of results and is very hard to watch all.

Yes I know is greedy to ask about this. And of course is not a priority, but is a nice to have if posible in the future.

Yes, is notorious the work you have done. I need to focus on concrete Scenarios (the most tricky part of the filter)

Something that could be added is Which are the damage types, the lvl of the cards, the rarity, the set, and all the other stuff that have many posible values to enter. I know there is a Wiki for the majority of that but nothing better that completeness. Almost for the information part I'm sure some people can help with that (myself included).

Other small things I Noted (not bugs, just comments):

On the Rules composition part:

Conjuntion
    You use the following: [Rarity] =~"o"
    Is good way to find both, uncommon and common items (because Epic and Legendary Items don't have the letter "o"). After see that, I get it, but if you dind't use that as example, probably I never figured out. Also the trick is thanks to the comparator =~

Disjunction:
    [Slot] =~ "Weapon" or [Slot] == "Staff" (find items with six cards)

The same thing. You use the fact that Weapon and Divine Weapon have the Keyword "Weapon". Also note that the first comparator is =~ If by other hand, you only use
    the comparator == the Divine weapons will be missing.

I guess that is possible to do the following: [Slot] == "Weapon" or [Slot] == "Staff" or [Slot] == "Divine Weapon"
    But of course is more efficient to use =~

Grouping

[Slot] == "Weapon" and ([Rarity] == "Common" or {Level} < 15) (find easy to collect weapons)

Well i don't know if include all below lvl 15 weapons can count as easy to collect because there is some legendaries in there. But I get is and example.

Concrete Scenarios

Bad Luck
    As you said the word "trigger" wasn't listed. Also surprise me that could have text rules and number rules to search with it. And also surprised that if i only search for <!> {Trigger 2} <=3. The results are different for <!> {Trigger} <=3. So is necessary to be careful with the search. Good to point that. For see both is necessary to: <!> {Trigger} <=3 or <!> {Trigger 2} <=3

Power Token
    Wise to note that for show items with 2 blue tokens or less you only need to: {Talent 1} <= 1
    For show only items with one blue token or less:
    {Talent 1} <=1 and {Talent 2} < 1
    Show tokenless: {Talent 1} < 1
    Allow one yellow or less but not 2 yellows: {Talent 2} <= 1
    Items with only one token, and it can be yellow: {Talent 2} < 1

This was my comments about the Cheat Sheet of the Custom Filter

Excellent idea, and is very useful because there is a steam badge if you do all the main campaign by Co-op. So as you say, this could be the only way to get that information. So upvote that.

There is also, one thing I noted and can be super awesome and useful if is done. But maybe requires a lot of work.
    The possibility to link the items to the wiki. For example if i see I'm missing Ekkerg's Amulet, yes I can go to the wiki and manually write the name and see which item is. But could be even nicer if i can click the item and directly go to the wiki (specially when i'm searching for a lot of items to build a team)

Really like the custom filter. For sure the most important addition to the tools. Great work mate.

18. Looks great on first glance, I'll evaluate this.

I guess you cannot code, but let's assume you can write some html (look at the file, it's really very basic). Hence, just take the cheat sheet (see the attachment with the new guidelines for contributors) and your favorite text-editor (Windows Editor, vim, nano, gedit, notepad++, ... ; I don't know if Word offers any reasonable html-support, probably not, hence, stick to those primitive ones) and add the things that are missing. Feel free to explain the things you had to take a second look at to understand them like the =~ "o" thing (you can use a similar style to test against the first letters like =~"C", I think I missed this hint in the cheat sheet, too). Expand texts that could benefit from some more words. Or list possible values of the item and card fields (perhaps in a separate table column?) or - in case you have quite some time to spend on - include all missing fields. Re-upload the file afterwards and you - and everyone else, of course, too - will earn yourself an entry in the cheat sheet's new contributor's segment.

I don't want it to look too fancy, but it would be great if someone has some css-skills to do some subtle (!) styling.

Greetings, Phoenix

EDIT: I just attached a new version where I fixed some of my own html-mistakes. Use your own browser to see, if you made any mistakes, it'll highlight them to you ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    Sir Veza, Stexe and Force.ofWill like this.
  19. Hey guys,

I've got some new things to show you.

1.) The campaign badge has a new bar for your co-oped adventures (no-one disagreed with this upgrade so I added it). For those players who are collecting Steam achievements: Could you please report back, if the achievement is granted when the badge's bar (co-op is the last one in the upper segment) turns green and that you don't get the achievement as long as the bar is blue. If Steam uses different metrics (and someone knows them) then please tell me, too, and I'll update the badge's logic. At the moment, the co-op bar checks every adventure, MMs included if the option is checked. This might be a difference to Steam. If the Steam achievement can be easily emulated by a specific option setting then please tell the community which options to enable/disable and I would keep the bar's logic as is (my favorite approach because you would still be able to define your own scope for the bar).

2.) I've started the collection analysis export. I use the csv-format for this, so every spreadsheet app (MS Excel, OpenOffice/LibreOffice Calc, etc.) should be able to import the data. The only "problem": I include all items in the export that would normally appear in the right info box if you hover a row. Hence, the last column gets really long. The advantage: You can use the export to see all items including the omitted ones (until a better option to access them is implemented).
    A temporary problem: I don't have a regular "Save Export"-Button yet. If you would like to get the export:
    a.) Open your browser's console (How to open the console).
    b.) Run the analysis with the settings of your choice (the export will always list the same items than the info box).
    c.) type "csvExport" into your browser's console.
    d.) copy the resulted output and paste it into a file or directly into a spreadsheet app.
    Although it's a bit "experts-only" at the moment, please test the export and tell me, if the exported columns satisfy your needs. I'll add a regular save-Button soon and might add additional data to the export if you tell me what you would like to have.

Last but not least: I'd like to remind you that you can help me and the community by contributing to the cheat sheet of the analysis filter or I would be really happy if someone would try to create a general manual for all tools.

Greetings, Phoenix

Attached Files:

Sir Veza, ParodyKnaveBob and Stexe like this.
  20. Stexe

Can a few people test the most recent version and see if it is stable. I'll put it on my website if I get a few people that "okay" it.