I love these Card Hunter birthday celebrations

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pokemaster131, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Pokemaster131

Pokemaster131 Lizardman Priest

Partly because free extra stuff in every adventure is simply awesome, and partly because my own birthday is tomorrow :rolleyes:

2. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

3. glowingsack

glowingsack Kobold

is there some secret to legendary drops? I have not received any today. RNG curse? :)

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Yep, just like everything else in SP campaign :p

Sir Veza likes this.
  5. boro

boro Goblin Champion

Thanks for the birthday celebration blue machu it was awesome as always.

6. Reint

Reint Ogre

I feel the need to add my thanks, Blue Manchu. I look forward to this event every year!!

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Thanks for the party, guys! (Any excuse for a party is good enough, but birthdays have an endearing scheduling predictability about them.)
    I missed almost all of the first day, but managed to binge enough on the second to make me tired of co-op. At least for a little while.
    I hope I can catch both days next year!

8. hwango

hwango Hydra

I also had a great time this year. I managed to sign up for every league (though it involved setting an alarm to wake up early Sunday morning to sign in before going back to bed). Ended up with 6 Epic chests, 25 Magnificent chests, and assorted other winnings from the Loot Fairy and such, including several epic treasures and one legendary treasure. I played many enjoyable Quick Draw matches, some Monkey Magic, and one ill-fated Triple Duel match. I forgot to prepare a party beforehand and just loaded up the one from last year and what was I thinking that party was terrible. I don't know how I manged to win with it last year...must have gotten lucky with pairings or something. Anyway, a good time all around. I love Card Hunter.

9. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

I went into the weekend with one goal, which was to pick up the two cat figures I lacked, Growler and Meowquith, and pick them up I did :)

10. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

As usual, I wasn't able to attend the party much, but I did get to enjoy 5-or-so co-op adventures with a couple fun teammates, I obtained a bonus epic chest from QD (which I almost never play) because I already had Marroo (and it got me my third Impeccability!!), and I even managed to squeeze out a pod win for Growler. Maybe next year I'll round up my Kee-Tenh collection. $:^ J

Glad to see you nabbed Growler, too, Gingrich! $;^ b (Plus, hey hey, Meowquith, good job! heheh)

Flaxative, Sir Veza and Gingrich Yurr like this.
  11. Vacuity

Vacuity Ogre

Is there any way to be informed about things like this? I'm an irregular player, but would like to know when there's special events.

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

There used to be a newsletter, but I don't think I've seen it recently.

The birthday celebration is always in September, and the Halloween items go live sometime in October, and winter items in December. The only other big news is new expansions, which are much less predictable. I watch the Twitter feed, but that may not be practical for casual players.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  13. Vacuity

Vacuity Ogre

The expansions are announced on the newsletter, as I signed up for that before, but nothing else gets announced. The seasonal items are at least around for a few weeks, but the birthday celebrations are... a couple of days? I've missed them every year, so I'm not sure. Getting some kind of notification would be highly desirable.

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. jlieu

jlieu Kobold

Same. I’m a casual player and was not aware.

Just signed up for the forum too. Oh well, there’s always next year.

Vacuity likes this.