Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

All three are good items. I don't think a 3rd of any are vital, but 3 Captain Cedric's can be nice for a 3 war build early in the campaign (or maybe MP?) and I could conceive of builds that used 3rds of the other two for MP.

Sir Veza and Pawndawan like this.
  2. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

3. caniponu

caniponu Kobold

One of the best legendaries there is. Buy four!

Edit: i just noticed you have 5 allready lol

Edit 2: Buy 6

4. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

i think 2 asmod for wizard is fine.... so 6 is good if you play triple wizard... without 2 asmod for wizard you need other tokenless item.

5. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

I have in my RR the 1st Bloody Command... is good now that there is vanguard?
    And What about 3rd Olga's Messy Gland?

6. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

1) Not saying that you shouldn't buy Bloody Command, but Veteran Positioning seems awfully similar.
    2) I don't have any Olga's Messy Gland's and I wouldn't buy any even though I have 40k gold.

7. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

Bloody Command is the best way to get Sprint, Team! on a human skill, so only get it if you really see a use for it. Personally, I would have a hard time spending money on it as there are lots of better options that include traits.

Olga's Messy Gland is good for tokenless armor removal without the risks from fire on Armorbane Pendant or silver on Rust Creature Gland. Don't think I would get 3 unless you run a lot of Wizards

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    vitreo84 likes this.
  8. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

I was just thinking Rust Creature Gland is stronger than Olga's... nice joke? :D

9. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  10. Gingrich Yurr

Silver Lightning is pretty good for a Silver wizard, though I would usually go with True Silver instead. I am quite fond of Bolg's but like you said, better to get Surging Shield Blocks from a shield and I wouldn't even want that on my shield. I have used up to 4 Talissa's Trident in an MP team before, it's definitely a strong item. As for Nimble Rapidity, not sure why you would use elves for farming.

This week I finally acquired my first Mordecai's Staff Of Magma, which I've been wanting for ages.

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The staff needs a lot of tokens for not much damage, and even in the CM modules you can't rely on your opponents having Forms attached. (Maybe if we get Arrogant Armor on a robe someday then a Walpurgis Night build would be viable, but you'd probably still prefer Silver Justice.)

This is my week for Mitternacht items in Randi too... I don't own any of these yet:
    Absolution, St. Hedvig's Black Bundle, St. Hedvig's Black Halo, Warding Dervish, Yvette's Downfall, Iryna's Golden Pitchfork

I've got a bit of cash right now, but none of those look very interesting.

Sir Veza and vitreo84 like this.
  12. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

You could make quite a glass cannon with an elf wizard using these staves; both Focused Electromancy and Focused Silversmith have synergies with these cards.

I do prefer True Silver (even Silver Justice ) over Silver Lightning though.
    I use elf wizards and Fleet is an amazing card when using Firestorms. That said, I'd never use Nimble Rapidity instead of Drow Rapidity.

ParodyKnaveBob and vitreo84 like this.
  13. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

Warding Dervish may work in some constructed league if you are going to sit a warrior in the central square and want protection for him from burst deck... and violent spin is good for single victory square map.... of course i don't know if is really worth it since sometime you want a more aggressive char... i don't think you will kill anybody with warding lance.

I see some synergy for absolution and volcano.. but i don't like weapon with 2 minor token....

14. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Fwiw, Absolution is a dream in the Geomancers adventures. $;^ ]
    (Maybe not worth dropping the 2,500g, but if you have it, use it use it use it! lol)
    EDIT: When I finally won one, I brought it straight into co-op, and during our OP hijinks, (I had a priest, teammate had a warrior, both elves,) my partner exclaimed, now that's a support priest! lol

I bought and used Silver Lightning a bunch -- but it was in fact before buying True Silver... I included it in a Walpurgis build (since that got mentioned)... It was a lot of fun. I don't know if 2,500g for fun (especially elf) sniper wizards is your thing, (you being "anyone reading"), but, y'know, as for damage potential, Lycanthropic Form with stacked Monstrous Hides giving a false sense of security is probably still popular. $;^ J

Kornl likes this.
  15. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

17. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

What about Troll's Ire? It's a rare source of Sundering Strike for its token category; most of the other options suck without spending a major.

18. Gingrich Yurr

If you only have 3600 gold, the only option is Hawkwind's. It's basically in every single party I have, often on all 3 characters. So much movement for no tokens is just insane. Unless you use all elves all the time, I would snatch that.

If you get more gold I would consider True Silver or Troll's Ire. True Silver is just a damage powerhouse and at one major and minor token it outdamages most double major staves. Troll's Ire is no doubt a strong item but not a top priority imo. I used to use it a lot but I've found myself cutting it a lot from my teams. Usually I already have a wizard who is better at armor removal anyway, so might as well save two more tokens and put some Strongarm there, right? Still, if you enjoy playing warriors, it is nice to have this in your arsenal.

ParodyKnaveBob, Sir Veza and Tyro like this.
  19. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

What's this about Hawkwind? I haven't got any of them and never felt the reason to change this. Perhaps that's because I play only SP. Definitely not something I'm willing to throw 2,5k away anytime soon :p (I do have Garalem's Boots, though)

Troll's Ire I'd buy immediately, even though I already have two of them.

20. Gingrich Yurr

Yeah, it's an MP thing. Perhaps I should add, that my advice is mainly for multiplayer.

ParodyKnaveBob, j3st3ri and Flaxative like this.