Castle Mitternacht Adventures are Here!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Jun 21, 2017.

1. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

I managed to finish the adventure. Good thing I am poor and can't afford pizzas.
    The 3rd battle was a breeze compared to the 2nd one.

2. winner

winner Orc Soldier

3. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Anyone still hating on the CM modules, I will say this: I liked them even if they were a bit difficult, but to anyone else who still wants to argue I can say that it took me one hour to finish all three modules so the fact that you cant beat them only says that you are a bad player.
    And to add to that the devs specifically said that these ones will be extremely hard, even harder than the AI hard modules (which I actually think are still harder).
    What I am trying to say is stop complaining and enjoy the game.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  4. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Well, this is the only (and I really mean it) adventure, that forced me to swap equipments between battles.
    Not even the metallic monstrosity managed to do that.
    Once you understand this, the battles become possible to win.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

So just for the record, it's not really advertised in-game, but all 3 modules do actually have additional guaranteed drops. I think modules 1 and 2 have an inquisition-themed drop and the third module guarantees a witch-themed item... You're right that it's a missed opportunity for a flavorful & valuable reward with Countess Jovana's Portrait. Sorry about that.

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I wonder how long it would have taken us to notice if you hadn't said anything.
    Spreading Blight: Inquisitor's Coat
    Svitlana's Inquisition: Daylight Corona
    Assault on Castle Mitternacht: Witch's Snare

7. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

The CM modules serve a niche of our community - members like me who have completed everything else and were looking for another challenge. It seems odd to me that people outside that niche are complaining it wasn't for them, perhaps the marketing could be clearer?

8. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I thought the marketing was plenty clear -- but I know plenty of voices have also pined for new adventures that are easier fun romps, too.

Sir Veza likes this.
  9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I think most players want to see new campaign content. If an expansion only satisfies a small niche of the player base (I have no way of knowing if that is the case here), it is bound to leave the majority of players disappointed. If a large percentage of players are disappointed, some negative comments should be expected. Nothing humans can make will satisfy everyone.
    As a campaign-only player, I look for adventures I'd like to run on a daily basis. I run 3 of 6 of the Citadel expansion on most days, so that works out okay for me. (Although I'm liking them less since Hear Them Out and Walpurgis Night have been added to the handicap list.) I'll run the the other three during a loot fairy hunt if need be, but that's about it.
    I'd intended to buy the AI package, but after my hiatus I'm questioning whether I'd run it very often. The same applies to the Mitternacht modules.
    I'm old, stodgy, and a bit quirky, and I'm hoping for an expansion where we can play the decks we build without injected handicaps and form changes. Your mileage will probably vary.

10. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

I'm with Veza- I'd definitely prefer to see more variety in general content, thus making regular play more interesting, over more niche inclusions. After all- CH design oozes with creativity, it doesn't need to [always] ramp up difficulty to make things interesting.
    And, I've said it before and I'll say it again, the game desperately needs some form of daily achievement/questing. Loot fairy is great and all, but it's still a 'pick the module'. 'Kill X Kobolds', for example, gives you much more freedom of play (and gives you a starting point for bandit hunting).
    On top of that, special events (especially co-op raids) really help make a game more lively.

In any case, since Mitternacht didn't release as a bundle, some advance notice on the pizza cost, somewhere, wouldn't hurt, I think. Also, you can probably remove that SteamFilter on your link in the OP, @Jon. :)

11. boro

boro Goblin Champion

Even though I like every map blue manchu has ever put out, I would like some more L17+ modules that are a bit easier and don't force a particular build, so that we have some opportunity to build all kinds of crazy decks that now fall short in power level, and require too many yellow tokens to use them in the easier campaign modules. Currently there's only the L15 modules that are well suited for these niche decks. Because those are easy enough, don't force you to play certain kinds of attacks by armor immunity or blocks, and don't use attacks that force you to use specific defense yourself. But L15 is only 3 yellow tokens, that's not enough for some decks I have in mind.

Maniafig likes this.
  12. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Personally I like Cardstock 2 a lot for silly build shenanigans, the opponents there don't put up much of a fight and aren't exceptionally good in any areas which means most gimmick decks still work well against them.

One time I stacked a whole ton of (Dual) Laser Beacons and Radiation into my deck and watched the madness unfold.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I use the EttSC modules for leveling up extra characters, and there's lots of room for silliness there. And the first two modules are very easy, really... I recently went into them with a level 4 elf warrior (my highest level warrior not already at level 24).

14. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

I strongly dislike having to swap equipments between battles.
    Your characters are supposed to be adventurer; they don't know what lies ahead. So they shouldn't be able to optimize their equipment.

gurel2 likes this.
  15. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Am I still the only one who enjoys whatever BM release?
    I mean SP content isnt that often released so I believe that you should just enjoy what is given to you.
    ~ As they say: "Beggars cant be choosers" and we are definitely the beggars in this scenario.

16. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I'd hardly say the modules were just given to us, not when you have to spend pizza to purchase them.

Beggars can't be choosers, but there's no begging involved when you're buying a product. I bought the modules, had a rough time beating them and probably won't ever play them again. I had hoped that my purchase would unlock some scenarios I considered fun, but I'm not going to make a big fuss over 60 pizza not well spent.

I'm still going to voice my discontent about the modules if I don't like them though, just as I'll say it when I like an expansion.

FWIW I did enjoy the free CM module, and I don't think anyone's complained about that one. It's just the second and third module that are grating, and mostly because of Shades.

timeracers and Melancthon like this.
  17. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I doubt you're the only one, but creating a poll might help indicate whether you should feel lonely. ;)