New CH webpage, Sorcererers 'hub' - feedback encouraged

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Oct 8, 2015.

1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

BTW: If I don't capitalize it properly it won't link properly.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks for the heads up, this is fixed now :)

3. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

@Flaxative: aaaand Helm of Preparation

Btw, any chance you'd mind adding a link to this thread on that page, too? I always have to go to forum, go to subforum, find thread (not always on first page of threads), etc. -- and although I could bookmark this thread, eh... $F^ P

4. ParodyKnaveBob

5. ParodyKnaveBob

@Flaxative: Looks like this thread has turned into "Bob's missing-image bug reports." Lol. Deadly, Deadly Staff -- which might be a comma'd name problem since I believe Tasty did the same thing? It links properly, though.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Got it!

(Sometimes I don't see your reports until the DD rotates, and it's much easier to troubleshoot these issues when the item in question is still in the DD. I guess I could edit the forum post I scrape, but eh...)

7. ParodyKnaveBob

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

This is a tough one because Toughness is also a card name. I'll probably have to put a manual check to display its item image properly...

... and done. :\

9. ParodyKnaveBob

Sorry to hear. Glad to hear. I hate non-modular hack workarounds, too. ~nodnod~

But, why would that script need to look at card names in the first place? The only thing it should ever "see" are items anyway, right? $:^ . (I mean, I guess if you reappropriated some other code we've never seen used for anything else, I kinda get it...)

Flaxative likes this.
  10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It is currently scraping all item data, which includes cards! I could simplify things, no doubt, if I exported a custom version of the item data that had only name & item art and used that...

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Or, you know, if the data were in a database instead of a CSV.

12. ParodyKnaveBob

Well, my thought was, there's a Cards.csv and an Items.csv, meaning it should only ever need to look at each line's first entry in the Items.csv -- which should presumably be faster than searching through every single text byte in the file anyway, which it now kinda sounds like it's doing...

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Certainly. But the first entry isn't the item name. There's plenty I could do to speed up the code -- notably, not parsing a CSV -- but speed is hardly crucial :) I can refactor at some point if it seems worth the time.

14. ParodyKnaveBob

15. ParodyKnaveBob

@Flaxative: Danger! Danger, Will Robinson! The page broke: PHP error.

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Sorry, just got home. Looks ok to me. Any lingering issues?

17. ParodyKnaveBob

Yeeeup, still looks broken to me... I'll send you some more info. Forum Conversation wouldn't let me attach anything; hopefully this is fine here...

{PKB edit: Call me overly cautious, but I prefer not to show backend stuff when I can. Site's fixed now, yay, thus info here is deleted.}

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    Sir Veza likes this.
  18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks, should be good now. Let me know if the issue persists.

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  19. ParodyKnaveBob

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'll try to fix this ASAP; the issue is that the items data on my website is out of date :)

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.