Co-op bug when a player leaves and re-enters the room

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Frostguard, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

This one's been around for a little time at least, and since a few people were already familiar with it, I assumed there's a thread about it here; it turns out that there isn't one, though, so I thought it might be best to create one.

Two friends and I were playing a quest in co-op today, and during the second battle (out of four) my game crashed. I started it up again, I got the prompt upon entering the game that I have a battle ongoing, asking if I want to rejoin it. Of course I clicked yes, and I could continue playing; the first warning sign was that the Team Chat tab was nowhere to be found. We won the fight, and after the victory screen, I found myself on the world map, without a team. Needless to say, we couldn't continue playing. I'm told that while I was definitely in the room as I was playing cards, the chat tab didn't show the usual message that I entered the room.

Thinking back, I remember a few recent instances when someone left a room during co-op and when they returned, the message similarly didn't show up and the game bugged out.

The bug is rather inconvenient at times, as (at least for me) the game crashes every now and then (not too often, but still), and while before that only meant a few minutes of waiting for the other members of the team, now it means the whole adventure (not just the battle) has to be started over.

2. Wandere

Wandere Lizardman Priest

I've also (separately) ran into this bug on several occasions, all of them recently. I'm fairly confident this bug wasn't around when I played a couple months ago, so some kind of game mechanic change between now and then is possibly at fault.

For me, it triggers if I disconnect from the game (and have to reload), which happens quite often since I've got quite a temperamental connection. Specifically, I think it goes like this:
    • I'm in a co-op party.
    • Someone in the party crashes/has a connection failure, the other team members receive the '_____ has left the game' message as the person tries to reload.
    • The person rejoins the game, and is given the prompt to rejoin the team (and accepts). Up until now, everything is normal.
    • The person rejoins the team (but no 'has entered the room' message appears)
    • A single map of a module can be finished as normal.
    • The player who reconnected is returned to the world map.
    • The other team members cannot continue the scenario. The reconnecting person is generally treated as though they'd been kicked (they can join other teams, and the /who command in team chat won't list them), but the scenario doesn't end, and nobody is given any kind of message about anyone being kicked from the team.
    Reloading a second time doesn't fix this.

On a slightly similar note, there's a separate but possibly connected bug where, after disconnecting and reconnecting to the game, I won't be able to use the game's chat. Reloading a second time will fix this one, though.

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  3. winner

winner Orc Soldier

it triggers when i am frozen

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Team reconnect appears to be completely broken in this build.
    As @Frostguard stated, if the reconnect occurs during combat the reconnecting player will be prompted to rejoin the battle in progress. In my testing, if the team leader reconnected the battle played out in co-op, then the team leader was dumped to the campaign map. If a team member reconnected the battle was unplayable. In both cases the team chat tab was missing for the reconnecting player, but still present and showing the reconnecting player as still in the room for the teammates.
    If the reconnect occurs outside of battle, the prompt to rejoin the team never appears, and the player does not rejoin.

Game freezes have been happening frequently for me during the past couple of months, particularly if I tab over to another page, such as the Loot Fairy Patrol page, while the game is running. I frequently have to reload a dozen times or more during a long hunt, and I never hunt in co-op anymore. This may be a separate bug, but it certainly brought the team bug to my attention.

Solutions attempted:
    Tried Chrome, Iron, Opera, Safari, K-meleon, and Avant browsers. (Gave up on Firefox a long time ago.)
    Uninstalled/reinstalled Flash.
    No joy.

ParodyKnaveBob and Wandere like this.
  5. winner

winner Orc Soldier

ya same with me

6. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Can someone grab their game log when this happens and post it here (press F1 for the console, scroll back and copy everything - if you're playing via Steam you can find this in a file)?

7. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I just replicated this bug with @Wandere , here's the console log:

Initializing deck builder
    Initializing deck builder
    Initializing battle screen
    Battle joined
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Event=StartGame
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Starting round 1
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Event=Attachment Phase Initiated
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Event=Draw Phase Initiated
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Wandere drew Walk for Mondo Owada
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Wandere drew Ill-fitting Armor for Mondo Owada
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Wandere drew Impaler for Mondo Owada
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Wandere drew Spiked Mail for Mondo Owada
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Wandere drew Hardy Mail for Mondo Owada
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Wandere drew Dash for Mr Handsome
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Wandere drew Monstrous Hide for Mr Handsome
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Wandere drew Strong Hack for Mr Handsome
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Wandere drew Parry for Mr Handsome
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Wandere drew Strong Hack for Mr Handsome
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Gary drew Run for Men at Arms
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Gary drew a card for Men at Arms
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Gary drew a card for Men at Arms
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Gary drew Walk for Copper Golem
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Gary drew a card for Copper Golem
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Gary drew a card for Copper Golem
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Event=Action Phase Initiated
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Wandere must play a Trait
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Wandere,Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Event=PlayAction,Action=Impaler,Instigator=Mondo Owada,Targets=
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Attaching Impaler to Mondo Owada
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Wandere drew Strong Hack for Mondo Owada
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=The active player is now Wandere
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Main Hall,Room=STAF (Wandere),RoomID=483158,Msg=Wandere has rejoined the battle.

While it says Wandere rejoined the battle in the console log, it didn't say he re-entered the team room in the team chat.

8. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Had it happen with Sucre, he disconnected, returned and things went funky (console log attached as .txt file):
    • He was able to play, but it didn't show him present in team chat
    • When that battle was over (1st battle of the adventure) I was dumped out onto the main map
    • He re-invited me, I accepted
      • Accepting took me to the "Get a hint" screen after a battle loss (we had won the first battle)
        • But the "try again" button wasn't there.
        • I hit the only button available to me "Return to map"
    • I re-clicked on the adventure and was taken to the team building screen
      • At this point he popped up in chat and informed me the battle had already started for him and he'd been sitting for 3 minutes waiting for me to act
    • We disbanded the team to start over
    • He invited, I accepted
    • I clicked the button to follow to the adventure, and was immediately whisked into a match without seeing the team building screen
      • Everything went "normal" from then on

Attached Files:

ParodyKnaveBob, Sir Veza and Wandere like this.
  9. Wandere

Wandere Lizardman Priest

Has there been any progress with this so far? This is a really annoying bug to run into, and it happens 100% of the time any team member disconnects, so it's pretty frequent, unfortunately. Would getting more console logs help? :confused:

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'm hoping it's the issue Flax mentions in this post.