New Enemy PvP teams: Castle Mitternacht and Acquisitions Incorporated

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by tolkien, Jul 3, 2017.

1. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I think an easy and fun way to add new content would be to add two new Artificial Intelligence teams to the Multiplayer world.
    I don't know that too much balancing would be required since the elo would just automatically balance them out. Speaking naively here.

The Acquisitions Incorporated Team seems pretty self explanatory though perhaps throw a few nasty cards in there to make it tougher.

What would you suggest the makeup of a computer team for Castle Mitternacht would look like?

ParodyKnaveBob and Maniafig like this.
  2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Here's an example of what an AI AI opponent might look like.

Attached Files:

3. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I think that for CM a fitting team would focus on Blight cards and focus on CM-based strategies and cards without using the actual forms to prevent them being too easy. They'd also all have one or two Creature of the Night to boost the effectiveness of Silver against them. The GM would of course be Countess Jovana, portrait optional though I like the idea that it uses her charming face from the campaign. They'd also all have extra HP like Cardotron's figures.

An Elf Wizard with a combination of Acid Leak-boosted Acid Jets/Pools paired with Blooming Ground and Acid Hexes as well as Pathfinding+Ancient Grudge for big damage combos. Also has a few Unholy Curses to make it more dangerous without requiring any set-up and assisting its team. Definitely uses Medium's Garb. Racial move would be Fly, no reason why the AI can't cheat since it already has more HP than the player does, plus it's an Elf Wizard so it probably needs it. Has 25 HP.

A Dwarf Vampire Priest who has a lot of Swarm of Bats and Sneaky Bloodsucks as well as other powerful Vampire attacks like Invigorating Touch and Vampire's Kiss. Probably also uses Healing Dash and Talented Healer. Definitely has some Blind Rage and Battle Rage to give it more offense and defense and to make it more Dwarfish. (Seriously MP AIs needs more Dwarf Priests!) Racial move is Prowl instead of Walk for similar reasons and to make him a tad more mobile. Has 31 HP.

I think the Human Warrior would probably be a pretty basic Werewolf-build. It'd have Vanguard to pair with its Rumbling Charges (the AI is terrible at using regular Charges correctly) and Prowls and would also use Werewolf staples like Monstrous Hide, AoA, Vicious Thrust and Massive Bite/Sundering Strike. Might also give it Ready to Strike just to counter Vengeance/Step-spam. Racial move would be Rumbling Charge, really getting out there with the racial moves here. Has 31 HP.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The Elf Wizard and Human Warrior already have somewhat fitting sprites, Undead Elves Wizards aren't that far of from Spirits and the Human Warrior is clearly actually a Werecat! None of the Dwarf Priests really look like vampires, but the Demon probably fits the best since it just looks so very unholy. You wouldn't want to meet these agents of the blight in a dark alley!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    Melancthon and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  4. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I like the ideas, gentlemen.
    @Kalin I played your scenario. Classic map. The lich was gone turn 1! He drew a traveling curse and then the death elemental rouletted him! That scenario was over by turn 3. Let's keep tweaking that.
    I was noticing the Castle Mitternacht cards that weren't used in the single player release. Correct me if I'm wrong:
    Curse Of Undeath
    Fleet
    Fey Silversmith
    Inquisition Bolt
    Silver Bolt
    I'm thinking of posting an inquisitor team suggestion. But how is it determined which team you play in multiplayer? Cardotron 3000 isn't as good as Cardotron 2000?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  5. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

The Silver Crossbowman definitely uses Silver Bolt. The Inquisitor might also have Fey Silversmith but I'm not sure.

As for what GM AI people get matched with, it depends on which GMs are in the same Elo range as the player. Since Cardotron2000 has the most overpowered party of any GM he's easier to lose against and as such has a higher Elo. Cardotron3000 and Mom seem to be at about the same Elo, both being rather tricky opponents but no real threat to a competent MP player, while the other GMs tend to hover below 1000 Elo.

Amusingly enough Gary often has a higher Elo than Melvin, much to the latter's chargin I'm sure. :p

6. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I agree, @tolkien. I've been surprised to not see any new GM parties since Cardo3k. I don't remember the last time I brought it up, though.

@Maniafig, I won't say I subscribe wholeheartedly to all the ideas you posted, but many of them are great. Spot-on point to find a place for a dwarf priest. Giving the warrior RtS sounds like a good scary threat. Also, interesting ways to help the elf wizard cheat -- although I should say, (and I don't want spoilers! I didn't get as much time for CM as I expected, thus I haven't played it much at all yet,) unless anyone has seen a GM properly use Ancient Grudge (especially in the Pathfinding combo), I highly doubt a poor GM would do much with it at all. (Frankly, I still see players throw 0 damage AGs... or maybe 3 damage instead of waiting just another round or so...) Which leads me to my next point:

Cardo3k has insanely powerful cards. Case turns Invisible for cryin' out loud! The problem I see is that Cardo has NO idea how to use any of it. Adjacent terrain is beyond its comprehension, and that's all the EttSC terrain right there: Hypno Beacon, Healing Beacon, Irradiated Terrain... And as for properly using Radiation, Cardo2k can't even Nimbus the right ally half the time, let alone see through your Nimbus (or Force Field) with its Almighty Hack + All Out Attack, lol... Of course, Radiation Attacks got nerfed due to Purge being repaired, but even back when Cardo3k started, Marie-France couldn't figure out like half her own deck.

P.S. Yeah, I assume an AI team would be comprised of the titular anti-heroes. $E^ b
    P.P.S. Hmmmmmmmmmmm... I suddenly wonder if a GM playing them could be ... named Jerry ... (I suppose Tycho could work, too, but so obvious...) or Mike for that matter (since he didn't get any specific credit/mention otherwise .. no telling if he did voice work, though, I don't know) (..I almost forgot his pseudonym, finally remembered Gabe just before posting this edit, ha ha) ... or to be even more obscure to invite questions in World Chat, the name of those guys' GM in the actual live games. (I've never watched any, and knowing them, it's likely filled to the brim with garbage I wouldn't want to ingest anyway, thus ~shrug.~)

P.P.P.S. Ha ha ha ha! Maybe after all this time of the mysterious Amy haunting MP, we could finally get Karen proper into PvP -- using the potentially sick-freak-hard CM party, lol...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The AI in CM will use Grudge correctly sometimes, but that's because of a minion group that draws a lot of cards. It also uses it incorrectly, and really that card should just be left out of MP.

8. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

9. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Please no Wail in MP.

10. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

11. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

12. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Papa Manchu Team

Gary, human priest
    [​IMG]
    Poison Blowdart
    Poisoned Spear Stab
    Paralytic Poison
    Warding Lance
    Mental Flensing
    Choking Bolt
    Scream
    Hold Person
    Silence
    Binding Shadows
    Entangle
    Wail
    Stink Bomb

Monkey Maneuver
    Brachiation
    Mighty Charge

Block Link
    Charmed Block
    Reactive Smoke Bomb

Good For Us
    Contagion
    Rejuvenation

Extend
    Word Of God
    Time Snap

Over The Top
    Fate Reversal
    Blessed Beacon
    Greater Holy Insight
    Enabling Ray
    Make Invisible
    Psychokinetic Mending
    Pact Of Healing

Scabrous Skin
    Demon Hide
    Monstrous Hide

Melvin dwarf warrior
    [​IMG]
    Pulverizing Bludgeon
    Pulverizing Hack
    Flatten
    Anvil Strike
    Double Axe To The Face
    Launching Blow
    Crippling Slash
    Parrying Cut
    Buzzsaw
    Hemorrhage
    Hurled Dagger
    Horned Headbutt
    Stunning Blow
    Shredding Strike
    Steal
    Pickpocket
    Pinning Spear Toss
    Vengeance
    Taunt
    War Cry

Bull Rush
    Rumbling Charge
    Positioning Move

Too Horrible
    Feedback Blast
    Reflecting Block
    Skillful Dodge

Leathery Hide
    Amorphous Body
    Frozen Solid

Attack Skill
    Defense Skill
    Armor Practice

Retaliatory Mutation
    Troll Regeneration
    Mindless Battlerage

Karen elf wizard
    [​IMG]
    Blob Of Slime
    Corrosive Breath
    Fiery Breath
    Wild Spark
    Lightning Bolt
    Mind Drain
    Paralyzing Bolt
    Acid Pool
    Thunderblast
    Scorching Rays
    Silver Bolt
    Boiling Armor
    Painful Beacon
    Caltrops
    Queen Blast
    Totem Blast
    Bishop Step
    Rook Step
    Bishop Push

Planar Travel
    Scuttle
    Blaze change to lava terrain

Blink
    Wall Of Stone
    Teleport Other
    Blooming Ground

Bad For Them
    Empower
    Enlarge
    Fork
    Maze Of The Mind
    Attractive
    Fleet

Wizard's Hat

Magic In The Air
    Greater Spell Skill

Cf. http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/unimplemented-cards.10925/Unimplemented cards post for non working links

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  13. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Maniafig's team
    All cards x2

Human Warrior

Vicious thrust
    Unnerving strike
    All out attack
    Sundering strike
    Prowl
    Creature of the night
    Battle Frenzy
    Monstrous Hide
    Lunging Bite
    Massive Jaws
    Vicious Bite
    Tough Hide
    Shield Block
    Rumbling Charge
    Forward thinking
    War Cry
    Ready to Strike
    Vanguard

Dwarf Priest
    Talented Healer
    Blind rage
    Frenzy Aura
    Sneaky Bloodsuck
    Creature of the night
    Healing Dash
    Swarm of Bats
    Prowl
    Invigorating Touch
    Vampire's Kiss
    Extra Hack
    Avenging Touch
    Obliterating Chop
    Too Horrible
    Unlucky
    Doom
    Impaling Stab
    Spear of Darkness
    (Didn't want to do battle frenzy as it seemed exclusive to warriors.)

Elf Wizard
    Hover
    Uncanny Dodge
    Absorbing Block
    Acid leak
    Acid Pool
    Acid Jet
    Hex of dissolution
    Pathfinding
    Binding Shadows
    Obliterating Spark
    Ancient Grudge
    Ethereal
    Blizzard Breath
    Teleport self
    Scorching Rays
    Blossoming Ground
    Unholy Curse
    Creature of the Night
    (Didn't want to do medium's garb because he'd just turn into a measly spirit. Also I think pathfinding and ancient grudge are likely to be beyond the ken of an AI opponent. Reconsider @Maniafig ?)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018