Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. hello world

hello world Hydra

I like that sword, no movement is a bit awkward with dropped guard, but 2 high level weapons should fix that.

2. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Arcane Curse is only on wizard items. 'cause it's not much of a handicap for warriors.

3. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

If laser drawback were allowed... I had a nice object.

Leaky nuclear battery
    divine item
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

That's weird. I thought I posted this the other day, but no, it's still in the little auto-saved draft thingy. Hm.

@Founder: @tolkien makes the great point that every card on the sword deals with blocks except Sundering -- and Unnerving should keep the level the same, eh? (Of course, now, you've already posted with Unnerving, which is great.) I don't really get the name, though -- whereas Memory Stick (item and name) is thematic, fascinating, kinda funny, etc., despite Mind Worm being a Priest's card so far. $:^ J

5. Founder

Founder Hydra

I'm open to ideas for better names. I was trying to think of a name which covered the fact that it's a laser-based sword which is hard to block but is hard to block with. I couldn't really think of a pun so I went with 'Phase Sword' because it's a sword which phases in and out (and is therefore hard to block / block with). Open to better ideas!

6. Founder

Founder Hydra

"The Foil"?

"Foiled Again"?

7. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

8. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

It is a hybrid so in this case both a boost and handicap:
    Color Class: Boost, Handicap

9. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Obviously Tolkien's comment went over you head; he's clearly stating that even though it's officially a handicap, it's much more a benefit than a hindrance on any weapon. That said, quoting Flaxative's "I'm looking for items that are worth running but have a serious drawback", I'm positive that he won't be choosing ANY item with a Blind Rage as a winner. (unless there's also another much more debilitating handicap)

Also, what's up with all the "illegal" cards in many of the designs? It's like most of you don't even want to have a chance of winning :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  10. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

CT5, SceoMyntan, tolkien and 2 others like this.
  11. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Rock of Madness
    Wizard Boots
    Probably lvl 3 tokenless
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Dont start trying to explain to me that you were talking about weapons and that my point about wizards having blind rage is not much of a hindrance etc etc
    Just putting this here because some people cant take jokes.

12. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

@hwango you submission has the text for ouch! but the picture for demonic revenge.... you might want to clarify

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  13. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Wizard boots? Just askin'. ;)
    Who, us? :eek:

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  15. 3beaner

3beaner Guild Leader

Just added a submission using Dreadfully Ill - anyone who has ever been heavily intoxicated and/or hungover should enjoy the item :D

16. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Here is my original submission, but I'm going to change it for the reasons below:

Decided to change it mainly due to Cowardly Attack not being on any items at the moment and Clumsy being only on a single item (boots). Figured having two cards that are basically never found would almost instantly disqualify it. Going to replace one Cowardly Attack with another Massive Chop (since that card is rare but could use more love). The theme is still the same (serial killer from a horror film uses this weapon) and probably doesn't fit as well as with a backstab-like attack, but yeah.

New version:

Thoughts?

17. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Boo has only been on Wizard items, and I honestly think it won't win at all because of that card. You might as well replace it with Blind Rage. Still fits the theme, then, too!

18. Stexe

True, I figured there isn't a compelling reason it isn't only on Wizard items though. I guess since it is a Warrior weapon instead of a Priest weapon it doesn't make much sense to have such a long range ability. I guess I'll change it and see how it goes then.

There are Warrior weapons with some weird spells like Boiling Armor. Are there any other Warrior weapons with long range spells?

I was also looking at Unstoppable Chop since that fits the theme too. There's already an AA card with that and Massive Chop though.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  19. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Flametouched Spear is the only weapon with a long range attack card.

20. Stexe

There's a Warrior helm with Counterspell. But yeah, I guess I'll remove Boo! and save it for another item later.