Weapon, Divine Weapon, and Staff items with 1 clear talent

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Sir Knight, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I don't see very many Weapon, Divine Weapon, or Staff items that cost exactly 1 clear talent to equip. Plenty with 2, sure; but just 1? "Just one more talent" is very useful in deckbuilding, so I'm finding I often value these weapons more than even zero-talent items, and I'd like to get a variety.

But my inventory is kinda telling when you look at the level of 1-talent items:

Weapon:
    Level 8 - 1 item
    Level 7 - 8 unique items

Divine Weapon:
    Level 7 - 8 unique items

Staff:
    Level 8 - 3 unique items
    Level 7 - 1 item

That range is way more limited than I would have expected.

I've tried everything I can to get more items at levels 7 and 8. But would you look at that: the level 7 and 8 adventures have fewer quests available than others do. So I'm stuck clearing out Beneath the Frozen Earth over and over and over again in regular adventure mode, hoping to get higher-quality gear, and being disappointed by the spread.

What do other people have?

2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I think this is working as intended because its probably hard to balance a item so that only 3 cards are worth a talent but the other 3 aren't but i could be wrong let me count my one talent weapons for you.

staff
    7 - 2
    8 - 3

divine weapon
    7 - 8

weapon
    7 - 13
    8 - 3

3. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Stranger than that, there are exactly zero weapons/divine weapons/staffs that use exactly 1 bronze talent.
    But yeah, the 1 clear talent weaponry category is slim, and personally I very rarely use them, with one sole exception in a rare divine weapon that's good for an aggressive melee priest(St. Xarol's Axe). In most cases, the point can be used better elsewhere(insufficient advantage of using the 1 point weapon), or the talentless options are actually better(happens with both staves and weapons).

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

The "insufficient advantage," of course, is something I hope the designers change when they get around to adding more weapons. You know, when they add more options in a weapon deluge of Arcane-Item-And-Boots proportions.

However, it's possible that they intend there to be no 1-bronze-talent weapons. They might be defining it so that "2 clear talents" and "1 clear, 1 bronze" are numerically-adjacent in their code. I hope this is not the case: like I said before, "just one more talent" is very useful to manipulate, and that include 1 bronze.

5. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Honestly divine seam to be the only ones that really get their moneys worth at 1 in my opinion. I'm torn on the subject of single brown weapons as to me the scale goes blank white 2xwhite white and brown double brown. But i get what you are saying i just don't know if i want weapons with 3 brown quality attacks and 3 blank quality attacks. This might actually be intended as well to make the puzzle harder to figure out for warriors when it comes to talents.

6. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

Weapon:
    Level 7 - 7 unique items
    Level 8 - 1 item

Divine Weapon:
    Level 7 - 4 unique items
    Level 8 - 0 items

Staff:
    Level 7 - 1 item
    Level 8 - 3 unique items

Not that different from what Sir Knight has, though I'm clearly lagging behind in Divine Weapons. I do really wish I had a larger selection, but I'm hoping it will be expanded soon. The single clear talent tier is woefully underrepresented. Also, perhaps lengthening that level range wouldn't hurt.

Even on my highest-leveled party I often find need of one-talent weapons. My level 18 priest never leaves home without his one-talent Heavy Mace - unless facing slimes - and my wizard and warrior both still get extensive use out of the few one-talent options they have. As more and more bronze and higher talents are required elsewhere it becomes increasingly important to have access to a healthy cache of reasonable low-cost weapons.