Test Build 3.190 (3 Aug 2017)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

New test build with some additional roll out of CM content:
    • Mitternacht in Caverns of Chaos
    • Added CM monsters to custom scenario builder

Jaer, CT5, adajon and 3 others like this.
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Good to know! Test is still closed to me, though.

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Oops, try now.

adajon, Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  4. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Test server works now.

Is there a full changelog of the update? So far I've seen pairs of Vigilantes and Ice Skeletons and trios of Spirits, Afflicted Guards and Silver Crossbowmen.

Ice Skeletons remind me of Wyverns and Trolls in that they are incredibly tedious to take down. They frequently have double Frozen Solid, you need to draw a Sundering or luck into a fire character, they're even harder to brute force and more mobile as well.

I'm surprised to see Spirits as regular mobs rather than as a commander, let alone in a mob of three. Their Doom is pretty much always lethal since battles tend to drag on and there's no guarantee you get any purging characters, Ethereality shuts down certain mage characters with no counterplay (Terrain Elf Wizard, Fire Wizards) and they have ample HP pools as well.

Meanwhile Afflicted Guards get tons of armor, can shrug off magic, can fly around, stab, being in trios seems excessive.

Same for the Crossbowmen, they're more difficult to beat than other Crossbowmen with their Blocks and Uncanny Dodge, having them appear in trios is a bit much.

So I'm not feeling these CM mobs in CoC, they were alright when you could build decks to counter them but they're a pain to fight with a random or unfocused deck by design and CoC is all about that.

On the flipside, I've not seen any Death Elementals. That's a relief.

Are the new player decks good? Did any old decks get updated?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Jaer, SceoMyntan, Sir Veza and 3 others like this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

That's helpful feedback; I tried making the trios of new enemies relatively rare but you're probably right that they're too brutal. I'm going to put together a small update to these changes tomorrow so that the final impact will be more player-friendly.

I've removed Death Elementals entirely, and I didn't add Shades. Jovana, Yurik, Inquisitor, Werewolf, and Teadora only show up on the final map. There are three completely new PCs that can show up in any map—the new Inquisition starter pack—and one new legendary. Also, I've, what's the best way to say this... "added Howling and Caustic to Pain."

ParodyKnaveBob, Jaer, CT5 and 3 others like this.
  6. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Good to hear there's changes on the way!

Just wondering, did any other changes get made to old mobs? If I can make a suggestion now that changes are being made it'd be reducing Assassin group sizes from 3 to 2 so they don't draw as many Scampers and Here for the Jobs.

EDIT: Also, removing Demonic Revenge and Traveling Curse from underpowered player decks. That would be nice too, nobody likes losing thanks to those cards.

I'm curious about the new legendary, I'm guessing it's St. Hedvig. I also hope to see Mokad get Wail like the card's flavour text implies. ;)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  7. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Just found one of the new characters, the Elf Wizard.

Turns out she didn't come well-prepared for the caverns:

[​IMG]

ParodyKnaveBob, CT5, Scarponi and 3 others like this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

There'll be a new build in the coming days. I've tweaked some monster rates.

As for the character with no deck, I was unable to reproduce the issue. (She definitely has a deck and I've seen it load correctly.) If anyone encounters this issue of the deck not loading it may be helpful to see what's going on in the console. @Jon may have more ideas about what could be going on.

9. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I've had the empty deck bug happen again just now, this time with the Human Priest.

Initializing deck builder
    StaticCardRenderer::checkTextArea Bless Card Description is too tall.
    StaticCardRenderer::checkTextArea Bless Card Description is too tall.
    Initializing battle screen
    Battle joined
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Event=StartGame
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=Starting round 1
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Event=Attachment Phase Initiated
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Event=Draw Phase Initiated
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=TestingAccess drew Walk for COC PC16
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=TestingAccess drew Slicer for COC PC16
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=TestingAccess drew Backbiting Strike for COC PC16
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=TestingAccess drew Lunging Hack for COC PC16
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=TestingAccess drew Run for COC PC27
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=Re-shuffling 0 cards from Human Priest's discard into deck.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=Can not draw for COC PC27. Deck is empty even after discard reshuffle.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=Re-shuffling 0 cards from Human Priest's discard into deck.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=Can not draw for COC PC27. Deck is empty even after discard reshuffle.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=TestingAccess drew Run for COC PC24
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=TestingAccess drew Perforating Strike for COC PC24
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=TestingAccess drew Dash, Team! for COC PC24
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=TestingAccess drew Impaling Stab for COC PC24
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=Gary drew Run for Trog Wizard
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=Gary drew a card for Trog Wizard
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=Gary drew a card for Trog Wizard
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=Gary drew Run for Goblin Grunts1
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=Gary drew a card for Goblin Grunts1
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=Gary drew a card for Goblin Grunts1
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=Gary drew Run for Orcs
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=Gary drew a card for Orcs
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=Gary drew a card for Orcs
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=Gary drew Walk for Beech Saplings
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=Gary drew a card for Beech Saplings
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=Gary drew a card for Beech Saplings
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Event=Action Phase Initiated
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=TestingAccess must play a Trait
    BATTLE LOG: Player=TestingAccess,Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Event=PlayAction,Action=Slicer,Instigator=Khrumdrang,Targets=
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=Attaching Slicer to Khrumdrang
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=TestingAccess drew Parry for COC PC16
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (TestingAccess),RoomID=55,Msg=The active player is now TestingAccess

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.