Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

There's a card that's been bugging me for a while, and that's Trip. I don't mind breaks from realism in games, but when someone trips, apparently they can find all the time during the battle to block attacks, swing their swords around, but not to stand up - that felt a little like a stretch. At the risk of introducing something more complicated, I've had thoughts that maybe we could have two separate keywords; Halt, which could remain as it is now, and would still be entirely appropriate for cards like Entangling Roots, Pinning Spear Toss or Binding Shadows, which actively hold their targets in place, and Trip (or Prone if we want to go with DnD terminology), which would let you play move cards (or move yourself through Sparkling Cloth Armour or Team Walk or the like), reduce the move points of that move to zero, and then it'd be discarded. Still rather detrimental, as you'd need to spend a turn and a move card only to get rid of it, but maybe not as prohibitive. It'd also make more sense to me thematically. (Alternatively, since it wouldn't be so overpowered, maybe cards like Tripping Sweep could make it back into the game.)

Freezing Rain
    Attack, Magic Cold, Damage 2, Range 5
    Burst 1. Affected squares become Ice terrain. (Stop. When a character moves onto Ice terrain, create and attach a Trip card to them. Saving roll 4+.)
    If you're worried about the snow, I can show you something worse...

Massive Swing
    Attack, Melee Crushing, Damage 11, Range 1
    Slide back 1. Trip. Duration 1.
    "Want to have a closer look? Knock yourself out... Oh wait, I can do that for you." - Thraxar the Slaughterer

Stoneskin
    Attack/Assist, Magic Earth(?), Range 5
    Attach to target. Armor 3, Encumber 1.
    Druids are generally amiable folk, but occasionally they take spell requests a bit too literally.

Stone Form
    Assist
    Attach this card to yourself. Stun, Halt, Armor 6. At the start of the next round, heal 5. Duration 1.
    Note: Probably monster-only.

Blind
    Attack, Magic Fire, Range 3
    Blind. Duration 1.
    Note: Blind: Attach to target character. That character may not draw line of sight further than one square. When you take damage, discard this attachment.

Agent of Justice
    Boost/Handicap
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. When you play a Melee card, change its damage type to Holy. Increase all Holy damage you deal by three points. At the start of each round, you take three points of unpreventable Holy damage for each Unholy card in your hand. Duration 2.
    You might want to reconsider that symbol you're wearing...

Judgement
    Attack, Melee Holy, Damage 9, Range 1
    Hard to Block 3. Penetrating. Attach to target. Subtract one point of damage from any attack the target plays and add one point to any damage they suffer. Duration 1.
    You may think you can run far, but you can't outrun a god's hand.

Radiance
    Boost
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. At the start of each round, all characters within two squares heal 2, or take three points of unpreventable Holy damage if they have a Form card attached.
    Note: Could deal damage to characters with Creature of the Night attached as well.

Retribution
    Attack, Melee Holy, Damage 7, Range 1
    Blind. Duration 1.
    Justice is blind... Keep this up and you will be, too.

Heightened Reflexes
    Block/Boost
    When you are targeted by a Melee attack, draw a card. 3+.
    Block Magic. Block Projectile. Draw a card. 2+.

Quick Thinking
    Boost
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. All your melee attacks gain Hard to block 1. Add one to any melee block roll you make. Duration 2.
    "If you can't keep your wits around, that shield's little more than decoration for your corpse." - Captain Cedric Cleavehorn

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  2. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Stoneskin needs a duration presumably.
    I like blind. I made a slightly different blind earlier.

3. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Scurvy
    Drawback tar quality
    Trait. Attach to yourself. At the end of the turn, discard your oldest card. Duration 2. [Edited]

Rope Swing
    Monster only
    Silver quality
    Move 5. Linear. Fly. At the end of the move do 1 damage to each adjacent character per square moved.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  4. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Scurvy should say oldest, not last. Also needs a duration, and the Attach to Self wording, if it's a trait, which I'm guessing it is.
    Rope Swing is very similar to Brachiation, did you get inspired by it?

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

I like Stone Form. I can imagine it on a gargoyle like monster.

6. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Yeah, rope swing was inspired by Brachiation it just would need some new art i imagine. Or improved monkeys could be the pirate enemies in a new single player expansion.

7. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Mass Negativity
    Amethyst Assist (monster only)
    For art negatively render Negative Energy Being

Attach 'negative energy being' to all allies (including you.)

8. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

What about
    Negative Energy Plane

Magic assist - Type unholy
    Range N/A
    Attach aNegative Energy Being card to all characters

seth arue and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  9. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

Masochist's Armor
    Armor 2
    5+ roll
    When this armor prevents damage, you draw a card.

10. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Masochist
    Paper quality boost
    Trait. You may target yourself with attacks. Duration 3.
    (For art, use Mind Drain or Ouch!on an orange background.)

The main purpose would be to synergize with Bad Luck or Negative Energy Being.

I think Negative Energy Plane would be too confusing for the AI.

11. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

I'm going to Scouting Run myself! :D

tolkien, ParodyKnaveBob and vitreo84 like this.
  12. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

No, you can already target yourself with attacks, press "control" plus an attack.

13. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

You can target your team but you can't hit yourself with a mace ;)

tolkien, ParodyKnaveBob and seth arue like this.
  14. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

This begs the question on what happens if you Bash yourself? Better yet, what happens if you have Vengeance and/or Sparkling Cloth? :O
    Weird new way to move self around?
    Hmmm....on that note, does anyone know if self inflicted damage activates either of those? IE, by Backbiting, Jarring, Laser Malfunction, etc?

15. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

seth arue and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  16. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

Um.... yes you can.

17. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

No. No, you can't. Not in Card Hunter. The closest you can come to that is trying to hit an enemy in the face with a mace, but the enemy has a reflecting block. You could also attempt Duck shenanigans, but it's still another character hitting you back in the face with your own attack. Why, you can even attack someone else with an attack that causes self-damage (like Backbiting Strike), but it still comes down to a character only being able to target enemies and allies (not counting Assist cards).

If, however we're 100% wrong, and you know of a case where you can, please do tell. $:^ ] EDIT: Well, above, you told the case of how to manually bypass auto-target to attack allies (but I simply turned off auto-target years ago), but that's still not a case of how to attack self.

18. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Thanks for the ideas.

Flagellate - Warrior only -

Assist - Self only
    Discard all attached cards, you recieve 2 unpreventable holy damage per card discarded this way.
    You can play this card while Stunned

Blood Bolt

Magic attack - Type arcane
    Range 5 - Damage 12
    You recieve 12 arcane damage

Strike From Beyond

Magic attack - Type holy
    Range 1 - Damage 8
    Burst 2 Attack all characters in range

Last Laugh

Trait - Duration 3
    When you die, deal 10 Unholy damage to all enemies within 1 square.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  19. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

It's beyond me how anyone associates self-flagellation with anything "holy." Change that to "Unpreventable Melee Unholy damage" and it's an interesting desperate self-purge, yeah. (You might add, "Can be played while Stunned.")

Blood Bolt = $8^ O
    (Boss monster only I imagine? .. dwarf wiz + Toughness ... or dwarf wiz vs. elf wiz .. or human wiz + Infected .. eek)

range 1 -> burst 2 -> interesting $:^ J

re: Last Laugh .. I thought this was a confused Mad Dog until I noticed it's only to enemies .. neat Boost, but Unholy and Slashing are each a damage type .. might wanna pick one, or maybe be ridiculous and something like "deal 5 Melee Slashing damage, then 5 Penetrating Melee Unholy damage, to all adjacent enemies." $:^ P

20. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Rake

Melee attack - Type slashing
    Damage 4 - Range 1
    Discard any other card named Rake in your hand, add 4 damage per card discarded this way.

The beast pounced him, and started raking with it's back paws. For the first 2 seconds, the armor resisted, but then...

Pounce

Move 2 - Move in a straight line
    If you have a Rake card in your hand and your move ends adjacent to an enemy, discard the Rake card and deliver 6 Penetrating damage to that character.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017