Do you have too many of an epic/legendary item?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by TheIvyX, Jul 13, 2017.

1. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

I've been playing for quite some time now (about 8 months) and have accumulated a lot of items. Most of the ones I've sold were treasures so I can get the bling to purchase more items. However, I tend to keep even the worst epic or legendary items just to see how many I can get.

*Quick tip, if you're thinking about selling a good epic or legendary item, such as a Vibrant Pain, because you already own 1 and you need the gold, I would advise not to. Having multiple of an item, especially for higher rarities, lets you create multiples of those classes for your multiplayer battles or campaign adventures.

Here's my collection of Waasker's White Cup:
    [​IMG]

I guess Bertha is fond of sharing her Bertha's Big Clogs collection with me:
    [​IMG]

Do you guys have any items that you own too many of? I've seen posts of people showing their collection of 8 or so Staff Of The Misanthrope. Note that I'm not taking in consideration of items with a rarity of RARE or below, I'm pretty sure we could fill up a lake or something with all those Adventuring Boots.

Sir Veza likes this.
  2. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

vitreo84, Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  3. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Now why the heck would anyone have more than 3 x of the same boots?!? (or other items with just one slot)

I only keep max. amount of items that two characters can have when it comes to weapons, divine, and arcane items. (6, 6, 8) This is mostly just because I don't think I'll need any of those items the full set. Also, wizards have so many legendaries that I just don't have enough money to buy all of them 12 times! (sure, some of them can be found as lucky drops) That said, these are the ones that I have quite a few:

upload_2017-7-13_11-33-31.png

8 x Asmod's Telekinetic Chains would fit nicely to the above picture, don't you think? (at the moment I only have 3)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    kustaa and Sir Veza like this.
  4. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

5. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

I've had 9 3-Stage Rocket Boots at one point, no pic because all the extras have disappeared from Skarl's by now.

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  6. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

I have to ask, were these from playing for a very long time and opening gold chests from winning and after completing a league, or was there another method? I know farming the first level of some of the campaign levels takes about an average of several hours to get a legendary (shorter time if lucky), but I'm not sure if I should also start completing some of the dungeons fully such as the Lvl. 17 ones.

7. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

This is only from SP farming + shops:
    legends.jpg

Mind you that this is only a fraction of legendaries that I've kept.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  8. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

What do you mean by SP farming, as in, what did you farm?

9. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Mostly gold, but you never know if you manage to find the legendary that you've been looking for.

Also Card Hunter’s birthday party weekend marathons have always been a good source for many legendaries. Last one was in the middle of September so i reckon the next one is just around the corner ;)

10. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

I meant which dungeons did you farm >.>

11. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

When I have time and energy, I like to play all the levels from 5 to 9. Also Return to the Astral Shrine and Secret of the Gnome Lords, because with only 2 battles per adventure, they are quite fast. (and I actually enjoy them)

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Before co-op was introduced, exhausted adventures could not be played at all until reset. This led to a lot of speed farming (repeatedly playing the first, or all but the last maps of an adventure.) I still sometimes do this while waiting for the Loot Fairy to move, but as a rule it's better to play through to the end chest for the better chance of upgrade even if you're going to continue grinding the first maps.

I'm still a long way from completing a full collection of legendaries, but I put together a picture of what I have so I could look at them all at once.
    Legen.png

I keep one of each treasure as well, except for legendaries. I collect these to satisfy my inner dragon. I recently went through 14 months of no internet except for weekly checks of Randimar's. During this time I sold off almost half of my hoard. :(
    hoard.png

As do many others, I limit myself to #Maxusable on items, and the excess (up to 3, anyway) shows up in Skarl's. This is what I've generated in the 6 weeks I've been back.
    Skarl.png

13. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

They don't call you a farming deity for no reason :eek:

14. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

"So what's your hobby?"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017