Game Text Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dugrim, Mar 13, 2013.

1. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Lord Batford's Manor
    2 - Kitchen

"into the Lord's kitchen"
    It should be "into the lord's kitchen" because King Osirius is the king, Chef Garcotto is the chef, and Lord Batford is the lord.

"bon appetite" -> "bon appetit"
    (Also, technically, the French phrases should be italicized amidst the English prose, but I understand if you want the overarching look to ignore that.)

EDIT: 5 - Aftermath - just another miscapitalized title of "lord"
    EDIT: 6 - Sanctuary - same

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  2. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Technically, they could be using Lord as an abbreviation of Lord Batford's name - thus, as shortened title of the specific Lord Batford, it would remain Lord, rather than lord, which would be used to refer to a lord in general.

Flaxative likes this.
  3. ParodyKnaveBob

@Ink: Thanks for the consideration, but nope. It says "the Lord" -- same thing that you wouldn't call King Osirius "the King" nor Chef Garcotto "the Chef." The only earthly title that gets capitalized in English (at least American English) is "the President" and only when referring to the national President, and not just say a club president. I suppose Australian grammar could be different, though? $E^ b

4. Robo11500

Robo11500 Mushroom Warrior

I don't know if anyone all ready typed about this but some times when I send a message and close it fast I get this. I can message my self by message others and also see message sent to me by others in my self username as well as theirs.
    Untitled.png Untitled2.png

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Founder

Founder Hydra

Don't want to get into an argument about it, but titles referring to specific individuals should be capitalised (e.g. the King went to the garden) whilst references to holders of the title generally are not (e.g. it is a hobby of many kings to walk in the garden). The best way to avoid this is to call it the 'Lord's Kitchen' (i.e. the name given to the room is the 'Lord's Kitchen', rather than it being just a kitchen which is owned by the Lord).

American English might do it differently, but given that America hasn't had any kings I'd be more inclined to go for British English in this case ;)

Anyway, I came here to ask about 'Hover', which still says 'except blocking terrain' but does not mention 'impassable terrain'. This was raised back in 2014 in a post which Flaxative liked, but it still doesn't seem to have been changed. I'm a bit salty about it because I don't use Hover very often and got badly burned just now thinking it could Hover over some Flash Flood.

6. ParodyKnaveBob

Agreed.

And yet you replied with one anyway. $;^ D

7. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

When hovering over the Castle Mitternacht emblem on cards, the tooltip isn't properly displayed - instead of showing the expansion name as it does with the rest, all it displays is a tiny empty box. (The same issue occurs with Acquisitions Incorporated.) I doubt this causes any serious problems to anyone, but I think I'd point it out regardless.

I've also found a few bugs in battle log messages, mostly just misspellings and typos from what I can tell.
    Ember Burst: Character detonates a ember burst. Just a single letter missing.
    Lunging Hack: Character thrusts at target. It's not incorrect, but I doubt it's supposed to say thrusting.
    Warding Lance: When used as an attack, it merely says Character stabs target.
    Investigate: When used as a move, it's simply Character dashes.

I'm not sure about the latter two, it just seems to me that they were taken from other cards and not changed later. Hardly a bug, but I thought I'd mention them nevertheless.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  8. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

Some more:
    Wall of Stone's description mentions three unocccupied squares.
    Team Shift says character moves and each of their allies takes a step.
    Catch Arrow: character and snatches it from the air! - I guess the line misses that they blocked. I don't remember if Disorienting also misses that one word or not.

9. ParodyKnaveBob

Some things that stood out to me before, but I actually took some notes this time while playing a low-level plainclothes run.

Slub Gut's Sanctum, final battle aftermath, "his bodyguard" is singular, yet he has plural bodyguards

Gladatorial Arena - Qualifiers, cover says "international convention" while first page says "first national"
    Glad Qual again, first battle aftermath, "The crowd cheers ... and shower you with gifts!" (singular crowd, should conjugate as "showers")

Tomb of Tvericus inexplicably mentions some "Burning Temple" just before Tvericus, but the Jewel of Alet Zhav adventure actually features the Burning Temple

10. ParodyKnaveBob

I've been meaning to make a correction for a long while now. Finally remembering and doing. Sorry. Regarding the previous post:

Nevermind the Glad Qual adventure cover saying "international convention" with first page saying "first national." The difference is the outside world (containing Gary, us, etc.) has a "non-fictional" (to the frame story characters of course) international convention which uses this adventure; the adventure's internal world (containing King Osirius, our parties, etc.), however, has a "fictional" (to the frame story characters once again) national tournament. All's well. If you think it needs any clarifying, though, be my guest. $;^ b

11. Randolph

Randolph Kobold

Mauve Manticore #16-2: Spring Cleaning
    "dennisons" should be "denizens"

12. Randolph

Randolph Kobold

Mauve Manticore #12-1: Blizzy's Brisk Rescue
    "As you ponder your situation and how you could escape a portion of the wall behind you opens up and you see some of your followers pour through."
    There should be commas between:
    1) "escape" and the subsequent independent clause
    2) "opens up" and the subsequent independent clause
    (The sentence should really be broken up or reworded instead.)

ParodyKnaveBob and Scarponi like this.
  13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The text when you play Hover is missing the period at the end.

ParodyKnaveBob and PULSEFIRE like this.
  14. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

We're missing some periods here. Insert lame joke.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. jm_meisure

jm_meisure Kobold

Found a text bug in Jewel of Alet, before 4th battle in Melvin's text: "on" should be "an"

mistake in Jewel of Alet Zhav text - battle 4.png

16. battlezoby

battlezoby Ogre

Trivial Bug: When buying the 30%-off Pizza during Loot Fairy Madness, my $13.99
    purchase had the full price, $19.99 on the "Reciept" that appears in game.

Could be a slightly less trivial issue if for some reason, it got messed up and
    someone was relying on the screenshot to report it to Steam. (For example,
    if Steam charged someone $25 instead of $13.99, the $19.99 screenshot would
    be a lot less helpful than a $13.99 one for explaining the transaction should have
    been $13.99.)

17. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

There's a space missing in the intro text in the "Sett Entrance" encounter of the "Eastpass in Effigy" module. It says "masterpiecesuntil".

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

a fix for this is already slotted for the next build =)

Sir Veza and Mr. Magnifico like this.
  19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

pooltypo.jpg
    Invalid character in story prompt in Pools of Slime, before first map.

EDIT:
    And in Into the Black Forest, there are a couple prompts (before 2nd and 3rd battles) that sound like they should be shown at the beginning of Yellow Dragon.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    Sir Veza likes this.
  20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

forge-typo.jpg

I was promised an epic item, and all I got was a legendary treasure :p

fatcat__25 likes this.