Loot Fairy Tracker

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Reint

Reint Ogre

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Looty is at Lord Batford's Manor. :)
    (Nothing above rare this time either. Better luck to you!)

3. Reint

Reint Ogre

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Sir Veza likes this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Sir Veza and Reint like this.
  6. Reint

Reint Ogre

Sir Veza likes this.
  7. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

Hey @Flaxative, since they just launched presumably we'd know if the LF were at one of the new Castle Mitternacht modules, but if (as I assume) those modules are places the LF might conceivably appear, could they be added to the tracker at some point?

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I think I actually coded it so that the Loot Fairy won't go to Castle Mitternacht modules, due to both how hard they are and how buried they are. Open to feedback on that!

9. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

That sounds to me like a good call on your part. Doing the LF with a pick-up group can be a blast, but it's not something I'd even contemplate doing in one of the CM modules.

Sir Veza likes this.
  10. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I found the CM modules much easier than some others such as The Troll Tyrant, so I dont really see why removing the LF from the CM modules and not removing it from AotA (high level ones), EttSC (all are high level, like CM) or AI (some people find extremely hard) makes sense.
    But then again thats just me.

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I just checked, and they are all (still) tagged noLootFairy.

I can see arguments for and against letting the LF visit. Yes, they're really hard and many people won't even bother trying them. But if you can handle it, it's your best chance of getting level 21 legendaries.

For the record, I never follow the Fairy to these modules:
    Troll Tyrant, Belly of Beast, Trifle, Acquire, Tomb Savings

I might follow the Fairy to these if I have time and am in a good mood:
    Perilous Garden, Elder Mind, Black Plume

And I only co-op the really easy modules.

Maniafig, ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It's a pity I could only like this once! ;)
    A valid point. I swore off the 18's because I found them too annoying and they put me in a bad mood, but I know people who liked farming the LF there when those were the highest level adventures.

@Flaxative , if it's possible to check how many times CM and the modules BVD mentioned are run (possibly both a daily average and when the LF is present) it might help inform your decision.

But I so like your decision as it stands! :cool:

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  13. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I like Sir Veza's idea of checking stats. Too bad A/B testing takes so long in cases like this.

I haven't played yet, thus I can't talk real application here, but I'm still okay with the concept of the LF flitting to them:
    • When he appears in adventures I don't have yet, okay, I don't play, fine, that's the reward for people who got those already.
    • When he appears in AI (Hard Mode), I'm still inclined to go to Co-op Chat and ask around -- but I disclaim right up front, I seek fellow experienced adventurers. We usually have a ridiculous blast. $:^ }
    On the other hand:
    • I'm utterly avoiding CM info (spoilers! $:^ ] ), but again, so far I'm okay with the concept, and that said, here's my argument against. I 100% agree-with and am-grateful-for Return to Caverns getting noLootFairy -- not only for difficulty I'm sure (I say since I haven't played it yet ha ha ha), and length oh wow (a big reason I haven't played Caverns enough to seriously try to beat it yet), but for "how buried" it is (i.e. many of us haven't beaten Caverns to even access the Return). Of course, if CM has super long adventures (i.e. very many battles), you don't have to say a word. I'll understand the "how buried" (planning to play it next week) and probably agree after all. So far, though, with my intentional lack of information, "how buried" simply sounds like "you have to defeat such high-level stuff (Tyrant, Monstrosity, ..Return?) in the first place to get there," and ... I don't know, I guess I can't envision people utterly unable to beat The Metallic Monstrosity once they get to it.
    And that's your by-definition ignorant feedback for the day. $:^ D lol

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. esthkol

esthkol Lizardman Priest

Another unsolicited, anecdotal data point: I personally detest the LF in the AI hard modules, due mostly to the fact that they are particularly gimmicky battles, and I sometimes don't have the time or mental energy to grind out those wins. The AotA levels feel much more tolerable and doable for the LF -- they have more "room for error", that is, less reliance on getting particular card combos at the right time, and only BPM gives me pause when the LF is there. I've only done the first CM module, but it was reasonable, and I'd follow the LF there gladly. The next two, it depends ... if they turn out to be as annoying and long as the all-tombstone AI battle, then they will be on my "only go after the LF there if I feel like suffering" list (which is presently AI, and BPM on a bad day), but if they turn out more like the EttSC or the other AotA modules for me, then they'll be on the "I'll run it for the LF, but I'm not going looking for the LF there" list.

15. ParodyKnaveBob

?!

$:^ } $:^ ]

16. esthkol

esthkol Lizardman Priest

The unsolicited bit was regarding the fact that I hate doing the AI hard modules for the LF. I'm of the opinion that it either shouldn't visit them at all, or if it does, it should be a "super loot fairy" with an increased payout -- like bumping the minimum reward to rare from uncommon, with 1 gauranteed epic+, or significantly bumping the upgrade chance. In my experience in contributing to the LF tracker page, we hunters collectively typically avoid certain modules due to annoyance and frustration, including Wyverns, High Mountain Pass, Belly of the Beast, and especially the AotA level 18s, and the worst of all: AI hard. (Full disclosure: I personally enjoy running Wyverns and HMP from time to time, so I sometimes knock them out early in the hunt.) Any sufficiently hard / annoying / frustrating module would certainly be more palatable with increased rewards.

Sir Veza, Maniafig and Mr. Magnifico like this.
  17. ParodyKnaveBob

I do 100% agree that the AI modules would be better with an upgraded Loot Fairy reward, assuming this doesn't happen already. (I mean, beating them normally nets a better reward. Or is that only the first time? I've never actually paid particular attention to it -- and/or I only beat it normally once iirc, and then play again for the Fairy.)

Meanwhile, "full disclosure," when at Tomb of Savings (Hard), sometimes, mostly depending on things related to the overall time it takes, I decide not to catch him. $F^ J Acquire Within (Hard), though, aw man, piece of cake in comparison, heheh -- But a Trifle pun unintended, heheh. But even then, there've been times when we're hunting the Fairy in World, and yes, some adventures get saved for the very last for clear reasons, but I usually have no problem joining a group to hunt through AI for him. ~nodnod~

(Also, if you're looking for a LF partner, I rather enjoy High Mountain Pass -- it just takes so much time!!! lol)

Sir Veza likes this.
  18. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

You're definitely not alone; When it comes to AI and AotA lvl 18 adventures, no one likes to play these.

I base this on my findings when it comes to Loot Fairy Tracker; those are ALWAYS the last places people are willing to go look for the Loot Fairy; And that's for a good reason, because they're excruciatingly frustrating :mad:

Sir Veza likes this.
  19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Would it be easier to log the order modules are checked off in the tracker?

Sir Veza likes this.
  20. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I personally skip out on the high level AotA modules and the AI modules (barring Trifle) since they're just really annoying to get through, especially when trying to co-op.

As for the CM modules, I'm fine with The Spreading Blight but it'd take more than some guaranteed uncommons and rares to get me to do the other two.

At the very least I think the AotA, AI (and CM) LF runs should hand out an extra item like the Garnet Demon Portal and Batford's Manor ones do, a lot of manageable battles takes far less time than a few hard ones.

Sir Veza likes this.