Castle Mitternacht Adventures are Coming!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Jun 18, 2017.

1. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

@Flaxative: I'm aware that this might be juuuuuust a touch off-topic, but, it does concern CM [me trying to be ready to buy it when it releases, anyway].

Have we made sure that people on Kongregate and Steam won't have technical difficulties buying Pizza [i.e., the permaloading problems I'm currently having trying to buy Pizza using my Kongregate account; a problem I've not had prior to this, weirdly enough]?

2. AI was 6 modules ( in theory ) new items and it was 5.99, curious so see how much they charge for 3 new modules
    Your Honor, Exhibit A. Sounds like Darkest Dungeon: Crimson Court will be getting my money tonight.

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Way cool!

Knowing several of the players who were probably on the test crew, "still hard" isn't a terribly comforting assessment. After being summarily slaughtered a few times on test, I think I may wait until the monster decks show up in the wiki before giving it a serious attempt. Unless I get seriously motivated, or curious, or something.

cycosurgeon and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  4. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Shhh... Hide in spoiler alert. :)
    The harder it is the more playtime given to it.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm not aware of such issues; could you please send a detailed report of the bug you experienced to support@cardhunter.com? (Server is down right now for the deployment of the release, granted.)

6. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

Flaxative likes this.
  7. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

(Fwiw, I saw this after Mikey's status. I replied there a solution/workaround -- if what I posted is these other folks' same issue -- plus an indirect reminder-suggestion that CH could warn about it.)

I find it odd that there's no purchase bundle this time. After discussing some in World, I guess I can see why: only buying two modules, really; the costumes being associated with it have been around a long time and are on sale for the moment; potential difficulty redesigning the pizza/expansion interface; still, no harm giving players the option to get the adventures, Club Membership, maybe even the costumes, and of course another avenue support the devs. $:^ }

Meanwhile, I'm busy this week, thus I'll hold off until next to dive in -- but at least until then, a couple of my character sheets just received Inquistional Silverfoil upgrades! $E^ D Yaaaaaaaay, heeheeheheheheh.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Sir Veza likes this.
  8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Or maybe mixed bundles of bundles? Discounts or bonuses (club, figures, whatever) if multiple bundles were purchased at the same time?

9. ParodyKnaveBob

I just checked the CM Starter Parties. Y'know what? I like them. They're pretty great for giving someone a little head-start on decent items and learning synergies and such! Only a few cards or items stood out to me as seriously "meh." The Vein Drinkers surprised me for including two interesting items from a very different expansion $;^ D lol, and I've just gotta say, seeing a really decent beginning elf wizard (oh wow her epic item, just for one example,) in the Inquisition made me happy. Now if someone new to World asks about Starter Parties, I'm inclined to actually suggest, hey, even though they're not necessary, if you want to dump some pizza into it, there are these two nice new leg-up parties...

And probably the funniest/saddest thing? $:^ } Looking at the roster, I can't even remember which got removed to make room. It was that forgettable. Good job replacing it, lol!

Tyro and Maniafig like this.
  10. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Are CM mobs going to be added to the custom game maker by the next update?

... And are Shades not going to be in CoC? :p

11. I am glad there are no bundles and that I could buy the adventures with left over pizza because they aren't very impressive. Repainted figures that look like someone just learned how to use Photoshop. Lots of annoying cards being spammed. No Steam achievements. Pretty lazy stuff. And the sad part it is, if you don't have any pizza leftovers, you have to buy 10 bucks worth just to get it. Feels like a business model scam to me.

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm about to express mine. Any pay-to-play adventures can be tried for free on the test server, which is a pretty rare option. I think the figures fit well with the game motif, but I admit I've never been much of an art buff. I'm still using the basic set. I tried Steam, but didn't like the ads or the trolls. Still, many Steam users will want the achievements so I expect they'll be set and linked soon if they aren't yet. I actually prefer BM's business model to games with ads, and the bills have to be paid somehow.

I believe @Scarponi unlocked all the adventures (and probably has extra skins) by earning/winning pizza, and has never spent a cent on the game. I have no intention of working that hard, but I play a lot so I don't mind kicking in some cash now and then. I wouldn't expect anyone to maintain the server, pay for the bandwidth, and do all this work for free.

tolkien, CT5, BlackVoidDeath and 6 others like this.
  13. ParodyKnaveBob

I know it may sound silly, but I've been considering at least one foil costume for quite some time, but my biggest hesitation was actually the fact that I wasn't sure the new appearance would still feel like the same character. Well, with that half-off sale, like I wrote above, I went for it. So. Tried out catching the Fairy tonight. ... Yeah. Totally still managed to feel like the same character. Awesome. $F^ D

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The basic reason there's no bundle in the pizza menu is that the pizza menu is full... but also, you can buy the two paid adventures as a "bundle" for something like 25% off. Just choose that option the first time you would buy Svitlana's Inquisition.

Adding CM mobs to the custom game builder is something I meant to do but missed. I'll try to get that into the next update, yes!

We replaced the one that was purchased the least, so, you know ;)

Glad you like them!

ParodyKnaveBob, Sir Veza and Maniafig like this.
  15. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

[​IMG]

Great news! I'm actually kinda busy with the nuisances of real life but hopefully in a couple of days/weeks I'll be back in Cardhuntria with a Vengeance.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  16. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

@Flaxative: I thought I should mention that fullscreen isn't working either. I tried it 3x, earlier today, waiting 10 minutes each time for it to load; no go each time. I can't advance any further into CM unless game takes these Kreds, since I have no other way of supporting CH.

17. ParodyKnaveBob

An unfortunate different issue than what I had yesteryear. $:^ [

18. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

Issue has cleared for me. Just in time - all quests completed for first adventure. Only took so long because I needed to level 2 humans wizards from 0. Looking forward to tearing out my hair over the new ones!

19. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

Just confirming Thetian; Pizza was finally bought [and CM defeated] last night.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Is there anything in the monster database that's not already in the game? I'd love to see everything available for custom scenarios, including CoC and League decks.

tolkien likes this.