Smithy- Build your own Items

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Juxtapostion, May 21, 2015.

1. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

That's borderline useless against some PVE enemies, OP in PVP. Good job :)

2. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Usually arcane items can either have long range or high power but not both.

vitreo84 likes this.
  3. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  4. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Spiderbane
    [​IMG]
    Rare weapon Level 16.5 (majortoken)(minortoken)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Aka Sting

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  5. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

I see there is no Divine Armor with any free card. should it be added on at least one item? or there were already past suggestion about it?

6. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

It is from the God Odin? i remember that Odin was one of the few to use Magic.. so why antimagic? as i remember Odin use Divination...

7. bigpotato

bigpotato Kobold

Vampire Knight's Stake
    Epic Level 13 Divine Weapon (majortoken)(minortoken)

Vampire Slayer's Toolkit
    Common Level 6 Divine Item
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Master Sword
    Rare Level 18 (majortoken)(majortoken)

PULSEFIRE and WexMajor like this.
  9. Steinhauser

Steinhauser Lizardman Priest

Ascetic's Memoirs
    Common Divine Item, level 8 (tokenless)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Communion Grail
    Uncommon Divine Item, level 6 (tokenless)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Friar's Frock
    Rare Divine Armor, level 6 (tokenless)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Shemp's Misfortune
    Rare Shield, level 3 (tokenless)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Collar of St. Bernard
    Rare Armor, level 11 (minortoken)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Squeaky Sneakers
    Rare Boots, level 13 (minortoken)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Seppuku Sword
    Uncommon Weapon, level 10.5 (minortoken)(minortoken)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Mon Santo's Roto-tiller
    Rare Divine Weapon, level 16 (majortoken)(minortoken)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    Maniafig, Sir Veza, PULSEFIRE and 4 others like this.
  10. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@Steinhauser these are all really ingenious and epitomize the tongue-in-cheek snarky silliness we've come to enjoy in Card Hunter.
    I think trait cyclers everywhere would be pleased if anything like these made it in to the game. But, with the exception of Crazy Sal's Halberd I don't think we'll see triple trait items in Card Hunter apart from skills. I think we'll be hard pressed to see double trait 3 card items. Nevertheless, they're creatively crafted.

11. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

I too like ascetic's memoirs... since to save token building a martyr priest the cleric will have 3 extra minor token to use some better item but will have 3 martyr blessing less in deck... so it will be less of a martyr blessing spamm and we will see more priest with strong divine weapon and armor doing something extra than just spamming martyr :)

12. Steinhauser

@tolkien thanks for saying so. Regarding double/triple traits, I'm not sure I would put Fumble into the true trait category because it's inherent card disadvantage. It's more like a Slowed or Prestidigitation, i.e. a dead card with a small and usually detrimental effect. (Although I guess you can get pseudo-card advantage with Officer's Harness and such.) Seppuku sword on the other hand is probably too good at shrinking decks, and I mostly made it for the joke.

@vitreo84 that's exactly what I was going for with that item. Which probably means it's too on-the-nose to win an AA. Oh well I'm glad you like it!

13. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Dullahan's Spine Whip
    [​IMG]
    (in white and gray)

14. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

Ooh, I see you're trying to go for an anti-warrior weapon. Very overpowered as well.

Staggering Blow is a very strong card in itself. Having no counter-play against the effect Immediately, even if you have blocks (since the effect takes place BEFORE blocks) is really the only good reason I can think of. This can get rid of armors much better than Sundering Strike can because Sundering Strike can still be blocked.

With this in mind, the item's going to need to have a drawback to make it a fair item. Startling Strike and War Cry are bronze quality cards that aren't bad enough to counter how good Staggering Blow is.

If these cards were on an item though, I would totally use it in the new CM modules. It could be of great use there...

15. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

It was just meant as a thematic highlander discard weapon. For Staggering Blow to ever make it in the game, i think it would be on a major token martial skill with Crusher and something else (Blind Rage wouldn't waste the trait spot.)

16. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

Dodge can counter the Blow and you can see it in Monkey Magic :D and there is a tokenless shield with 2 dodge so dodge is even cheaper than parry and sometime stronger...
    Of course the blow is still stronger than unnerving since there is no dice roll other than a jump back that can prevent it and in combo with root it is a 100% success :D

War cry on a weapon is already a very good reason to choose that weapon since even unnerving can fail with a block roll. And there are so few item with Warcry that i think that should be added some more Helm with a singly copy of warcry and maybe a double yellow Helm with 2 Warcry and a stronger card... there are no emerald card for helm unluckyly :D

In the free to play CM module there are 2 battle with good block and weak, almost useless, armor and last battle with only armor. So using item with only block discard and only armor discard is a better choice.

17. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

18. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

Oh, that is true. Dodge can block the attack, but a common tactic in multiplayer games that people tend to do is use their weakest attack first to see if the enemy has a block. You don't immediately use your Impaling Strike when you don't know what the enemy is holding (unless you're dumb like me), otherwise you'll run the risk of a parry or dodge.

Yeah there are some downsides to using Staggering Blow that I missed :(

I was saying that War Cry shouldn't be on the weapon because it's good, and because it's good, it makes the weapon OP. It should be replaced with a bad card like Weak Strike to balance out the weapon

They came out with a new expansion for the CM modules which are level 21 treasure hunts, I wasn't talking about the free to play ones :p

19. Steinhauser

Advanced Infection
    Epic Human Skill, level 16 (minortoken)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sylvan Deception
    Epic Elf Skill, level 13 (minortoken)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hair of the Dog
    Rare Dwarf Skill, level 8 (tokenless)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Embrace your race