Highly Aggressive, 2 Warrior/1 Priest Build

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by TheIvyX, May 31, 2017.

1. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

I would like some feedback on this build. It's meant to be very aggressive with a high damage potential.

It's not the perfect setup since I know they are several drawbacks (such as the priest being prone to getting killed early), which is why I'd like some feedback.

[​IMG]
    Chester I
    Level 4 Dwarf Warrior

[​IMG]
    Chester II
    Level 17 Dwarf Warrior

[​IMG]
    Fiora IX
    Level 6 Human Priest

2. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

I think Radioactive Spray is not so good in ranked. (Pretty good in single player against mobs of creatures.)

Having Raging Strike in multiplayer is pretty bad. The opponent is likely to attack you a lot if he/she knows you have it.

3. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

Here's another build, any opinions on this?

[​IMG]
    Chester I

Level 4 Dwarf Warrior
    Fiora III
    Level 21 Human Priest
    [​IMG]
    Chester II
    Level 18 Dwarf Warrior

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  4. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

@CT5 helped me out on this build and gave some tips which you can view from a VOD (from his livestream) here! He starts giving tips at around 00:11:00 into the VOD.

(Yeah I knew it was a terrible setup CT5, heh)

Here are some general tips that I gathered and learned from his VOD and in general gameplay. Hopefully some players can get some uses from these:

1. All the characters don't have many movement cards, therefore they are extremely prone against elves (who have lots of movement cards) and wizards, especially those that have control cards (such as Telekinesis or Gusts Of War, etc. The boots on the warriors can be switched out for items like Cursed Gumshoes which gives 2 big movement cards and a trait card (tip #3 explains why having traits are great). Goat Boots are nice boots, but don't give enough movement.

Not having much movement is a big factor to why this setup fails, which transitions into the next tip:

2. A LOT of the items can be switched out for better ones, even items that can be found easily in the shops (so common and uncommon items). One example is the Divine Armor and Divine Skill on the priest, where the cards on Holy Leather Armor don't make much sense with the rest of the characters. Manifold Healer can also be replaced with Advanced Piety so that you can get the effects of Altruism, which is better in more situations than Talented Healer, and also has a Greater Heal.

The Blocking Maces on the warriors don't make sense alongside Parrying Buckler if this setup is suppose to be against any other setup. Having Parry is a great card against warriors, but against wizards is a totally different story. Switching out Blocking Mace with an item like Lochabar Axe, which gives a bunch of cards with step is one option.

Although there's only 1 Raging Strike on each warrior, its effect is detrimental enough to disregard it in multiplayer. The extra 3 damage that you take from enemies can add up VERY quickly, and getting heals from only 1 priest won't be enough to satisfy. Even though the other cards from Rageblood Dagger give some movement + damage, the benefits that you get from the item are far less than the negative effects from Raging Strike. This is especially true if the characters don't have enough movement to get next to the enemy and use Raging Strike, which is another reason why it sucks with the dwarves.

Subterranean Ferocity doesn't make sense if the priest isn't a dwarf since she won't get the effects from Dwarven Cry.

3. Cards that have traits, such as Creature Of The Night, Superstitious, and Vanguard, help with "shrinking" your deck and give a better chance for you to get more cards from your deck. This is because whenever you play a card with a trait, you then draw another card. The more traits that a character has, the better chance you get at having the cards you want.

Another tip from @Christofff to keep in mind when looking at traits:
    In other words, even though traits are great for shrinking your deck, sometimes you may want to keep a certain card over taking a trait. For example, the item Shielding Token gives no cards with a trait but provides 2 Impenetrable Nimbus cards for only being a minor power token (the blue lightning symbol on the item).

Overall, this build is pretty terrible and I can admit that too. I wouldn't advise anyone else using this setup and just use it as a learning tool (as in, learning from my mistakes) if you're getting into Card Hunter.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  5. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

One thing I think is important. Generally, trait-cycling items are strong. But sometimes, you prefer to have just a certain card instead of so many traits. You give up "card-speed" but gain "card-quality".

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  6. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

Thanks for that, I'll add that to the tip.