{suggestion} - card hunter sp unlockabble instance

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Christofff, May 18, 2017.

1. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

What about a high difficulty SP instance that is unlockable once a month. It gives increased chance of rewards from chests received ( increased percentage of legedary / epic).

In order to unlock it you have to have done / acquired a few things. First, you must have at least 5 and epic legendary treasures (the numbers can be changed). Then you must complete say, an entire nudie run in campaign mode and/or you must complete Caverns of Chaos, and, completed one entire expansion, and have won at least 5 multiplayer matches.

Finally, the cost of opening the instance is 1000 gold.

So formula is:

5 legendary treasure in collection + Nudie run+ CoC + Expansion + 5 MP wins + 1000g =
    Instance

The instance is only active for a few days.

The instance is called "pauper's path".

Pauper's Path

You must use only peasant items initially. Then as the battles progress you can gradually add more of each: an uncommon, then rare, epic, and for the final battle, a single legendary.

This will be the ultimate test of your CH skills and your personal character! Can you use good positioning, timing, and damage... and patience.

Meanwhile monsters will also be slightly upgraded. They will have traits /armor / self-heals. If they are on the victory square and you are not they will almost always pass.

In fact, some of the adventures will include monsters starting this way, and, you must fight your way to the square before time runs out. (Pauper's Race).

Also, in the final adventure, monsters will have access to silver bolt / inquisitor's strike, meaning even using mitternacht items with nightling traits will be risky. Maybe even a super monster deck will feature extended amount of cards, like say 50, so you can't predict what, and also the monster can have annoying one-ofs. (E.g uncanny dodge, swarm of bats). His name could be "The Collector" or something less cliche.

Summary

So basically, you could distil the toughest adventures / ideas / monsters, combine them with mostly peasant-only items, to make a super-hard instance for CH veterans, which also gives super rewards like legendary chest (guaranteed legendary treasure or item), and increased chance of epic / legendaries from chest. Perhaps it could include some new mitternacht monsters and/or the forgotten CH heroes.

In additon this instance you could also flesh out the story of some of these CH heroes. Expanding the CH mythos is a treat for all us long-serving fans. Who knows once the game becomes big you could also sell fluffy toy versions of these CH heroes in computer game stores!

Alternatively an annual instance which gives 10$ pizza voucher as rewards. This way, for those of us with skill but who don't want to grind endlessly for a guild, (or face endless bless / greater heal / mass frenzy warriors), we have another enoyable way to earn pizza. The entry and battle conditions would be similar to above.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    ParodyKnaveBob and Bleneth like this.
  2. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

edit: server error adding item links, will add later

3. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Liked for concept. Details (as said) are workable. Interesting, I must say.

Meanwhile, we don't actually know what the CM expansion will bring -- although I predict (with no real info) it won't be "and here's something on a similar level of difficulty as Caverns, but with much more limited access to play." Hm.

4. Bleneth

Bleneth Kobold

I like

5. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Edited cause i came to my senses.

Upgraded the idea of using pauper items from always to just initially (see- Pauper's Path)