Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Instead of
    [​IMG]

Angelic Fragrance
    Hybrid Boost/Handicap. Tar quality.
    Whenever you play a move card add 1 to its move points. Does not affect step moves. (note: not keep)
    You are Stunned.

or

Angelic Fragrance
    Hybrid Boost/Assist. Paper Quality.
    Whenever you play a move card add 1 to its move points. Does not affect step moves. Saving Roll 4+. Keep.
    Heal 2. Range 3.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Instead of
    [​IMG]

Angelic Feedback
    Assist. Paper Quality.
    Draw a card. Heal 4 closest opponent. Unblockable.

or

Angelic Feedback
    Assist. Paper Quality.
    Draw a card. You are Stunned.

3. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Instead of
    [​IMG]

Angelic Power
    Assist. Gold Quality.
    Create a Block card and a Fly card in target's hand. Range 3.

or
    Angelic Power
    Assist. Gold Quality.
    Target draws 2 cards. Stun. Range 3.

4. I know that I'd mostly use that on enemies, not allies. I don't think the intention is that angelic powers are something you'd want the other side to have.

Here, have some divine powers: fat lot of good it'll do you though, since you won't be able to use any of them.

5. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I really want to bring stun into play in part because it isn't used much in multiplayer but also in part because angels and the holy ones are stunning. Paul was stunned in his Damascus road experience. The angels in Sodom stunned the crowd of sodomizers. Gods army repeatedly stuns earthly armies like the canaanites, egyptians, and assyrians.
    Admittedly, a draw 2, stun would frequently be used on enemies but don't underestimate it's value for allies who have no hand, who have arrogant armor or a purging burst handy.

6. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Just add the sentence Attach to target. Otherwise, I love this card!
    Or as a handicap: Whenever you heal, take 4 Holy Damage. Duration 1.
    Flavour: One should not rely too heavily on the Heavens, lest they strike you down for your greed.
    Does this only affect the caster? If so, this is pretty neat! I like it.
    This version is rather unique, so it gets my vote!

tolkien likes this.
  7. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Setharue,
    I added your suggestion to righteous blessing.
    I like your option for angelic revenge, including flavor text, better than mine. It would probably be a paper handicap trait.
    Angelic feedback only affects the caster. It's kind of a dopey, situational slow cycle.
    And thanks on angelic power, i was trying for something similar to demonic power but slightly less powerful since it doesn't have the damage drawback, yet I wanted it as a viable choice distinct from demonic power.

8. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

Healing Surge
    Assist, Magic Holy
    Trigger all attachments with the heal keyword you control.
    Note: This would include Healing Blessing, Soothing Darkness, Healing Beacon, possibly Consecrate Ground and Bless, and with a slight stretch, Bad Medicine if that card were to be reintroduced to the game (this latter is why I thought it could be interesting, insidious two-faced priests).

Retribution
    Assist, Magic Holy, Range 4
    Attach to target. If the target takes damage, the attacker receives three points of penetrating Holy damage. Duration 2.
    Note: I was obviously inspired by Angelic Revenge above, but thought of something more... permanent. Penetrating might even become Unpreventable; personally I'd liketo see some holy damage in the game. I imagine that cards with holy damage wouldn't deal a lot of it, but it would be practically guaranteed.

ParodyKnaveBob and tolkien like this.
  9. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

It's more similar to Block, Soldier! But that's not a bad thing!

10. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Battlefield Exorcism
    Attack Holy
    Each player discards their two oldest unholy cards. For each card discarded they take two unpreventable holy damage.

11. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Reinforce
    Movement, gold quality
    Move 3. Each adjacent ally at the end of this move draws a card.

Flavor.Flavor.

12. PULSEFLECT

PULSEFLECT Orc Soldier

Divine Retribution
    Boost/Attack, Gold Quality

Whenever you take damage from an enemy controlled card, deal 5 Unpreventable Holy Damage to that enemy. If enemy has a form card attached, deal 2 extra holy damage and discard that form card.

Flavor Text: The gods protect. Painfully.

13. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Control Lightning

Magic attack - Type electric
    Range N/A - Damage 3
    Attack all enemies in line of sight. Hard to block 2.
    You take 5 unpreventable electric damage Save 3+

Lightning into left arm, out of the right one.
    Spin in place. Do NOT let lightning go near the heart.
    Sounds easy enough.

14. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Curse of Forgetfulness

Magic attack - Type arcane
    Range 5 - Damage 1
    Attach to target - Duration 3
    Every time target draws a card (except at the beginning of the round), he discards the oldest card in his hand.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    ParodyKnaveBob and tolkien like this.
  15. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Masochist
    Boost
    Silver (edit: changed from amethyst) Quality
    Trait. Whenever you would take damage from one of your own (edit: removed "or allies'") cards, draw a card. Duration 2.
    Human skill slot only.
    Edit: maybe it should be a elf skill only capability since elves have the least health to play with.

WexMajor likes this.
  16. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I like 'em! $:^ ] I've wondered what a realistic Step Heal would look like; that's pretty good. Triage should probably read "Get Placed onto" or "Place self onto" instead of using "Move," though.

Interesting, I like. The Attack portion should probably read "Slide Back 1" since the title includes "Bash" for consistency, though.

Enjoying your Righteous counterparts. ~nodnod~ When I began this game, my campaign human priest, Solstice, decided from the beginning (when I saw the options available) to role-play Holy cards only. Pretty fun. $:^ ] The rest of the party also avoids Unholy cards. Took me until MP to actually learn about things like vampire attacks and so forth. I'd even sold my guaranteed Hand of Melvelous for 100g (but bought it back upon finding I'd actually enjoy MP heheh).

I also wanted to comment that I was very glad right from the beginning that the game uses an ankh for its Holy symbol (and, hilariously, an upside-down ankh for the vampire priest skin) for the fact that, yeah, it kind of vaguely invokes a cross symbol to quickly get a "holy" point across visually while not actually associating the cross with completely unrelated game shenanigans. (e.g. God wants separation between the holy and the unholy, but you can equip whatever you like and use at any whim without any functional failures -- because the game's gods and demons and what-all just don't care. If anything, I find it odd that "the abyss" was consistently used for the plane of demonic activity until Tycho's flavor text for that one Burst card of Lichard's which name escapes me atm. Something 3000 iirc.)

I really like the Angelic Feedback opposite card. Like Lateral Thinking, but paper quality for a reason. $:^ J

EDIT: Otoh, fwiw, I wasn't really feeling the Angelic Revenge card. Maybe if it were an Attack Trait that dealt some Unpreventable Holy damage to some opp char (perhaps too OP) or just a different name and become an Assist-Heal-self-Trait? Hm. The latter is clearly a different quality, though. (Fwiw, iirc, Demonic Revenge began as damaging its playing character X amount for each Unholy card in hand. It'd be interesting if Angelic Revenge were a paper quality handicap that dealt self Unpreventable Holy damage for X amount for each Unholy card in hand.)

If only BM would add the missing Heal keyword to those cards. ~nodnod~ (Already reported awhile back.)

Can I just say this one's awesome? $:^ D Talk about very specific counterplay! heheh .. Do you intend this to lack the Unblockable keyword? .. Reminds me of Impetuous Heal if so, and of Daylight and Walpurgis Night if not.

Did you mean beginning of the round? $:^ }

Ouch if an elf skill, yeah. Also, ouch @ yet more Double-Edged Sword complaints and Unholy draw spam.

17. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

You should know by now, my ideas usually come at 3 AM.
    They tend to be a bit confused.

18. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@ParodyKnaveBob thanks for the encouragement and feedback.

I did intend for battlefield exorcism to be blockable so that it could have some purpose as block check/ hand reveal if playing an opponent with no unholy cards.

Masochist would need to be elf skill only but even so people would probably hit the 10 draw limit almost every time with that card since you could just hit that character with your other characters for card draw. Amethyst is suddenly looking like it still isn't enough quality for that card idea.

Change triage and work on angelic revenge, got it.

19. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Yw, @tolkien. And oh yes, perhaps Angelic Incense instead of Angelic Fragrance? $:^ J

P.S. Cool on Battlefield Exorcism -- and fwiw, one of the devs (Jon?) said way back (when Martyr Blessing was utterly broken iirc from reading) that it'd still be a fun and cool idea to give cards to self/allies via self/ally damage.

20. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

Honour-bound
    Handicap
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. You may not target enemies from behind. Duration 2.

Fair Play
    Attack, Magic Sonic, Range 8
    Reveal all cards in target's hand. Reveal all cards in your hand.
    Note: Considering that Scouting Run reveals only enemy cards, lets you move and still is bronze-, I'd say this card would probably be paper- or even tar. Maybe it could draw a card (drawing a card would be the opening text of the card, so the newly drawn card would be revealed as well), to increase quality and usefulness.

Challenge
    Utility, Magic Sonic, Range 3
    Attach this card to the target. Attach a copy of this card to yourself. Characters with this card attached may only target other characters with this card attached. If you would be the last character in game with this attachment, discard it. Duration 1.
    Many consider duelling a far more convenient method of settling disputes than debate, especially if their opposition opts for the latter.

Die Hard
    Boost
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. When you are reduced to zero hit points, you stay on the board and may play cards until the end of the round. Duration 3.

Unsullied
    Boost
    Trait. Discard all cards attached to you. Attach this card to yourself. While this card is attached, when another card would be attached to you, discard it instead. Duration 3.

Steadfast
    Boost
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Whenever you are targeted by an enemy-controlled card with push or slide, you are moved one square fewer. Duration 2.

Disarming Block
    Block
    Block melee, 3+. Attacker discards his oldest Melee attack.

Call to Arms
    Assist, Magic Sonic
    All allies, including you, draw a card, discard that card unless it is an Attack card, and repeat until they have drawn an Attack card or have drawn five cards.

Thunderclap
    Attack, Magic Sonic, damage 2, range 4
    Burst 2. Affected characters discard their oldest card.

Demonic Bargain
    Assist, Magic Unholy, Range 1
    Attach to target. Frenzy 3. Duration 2. When this card expires, deal eight points of unpreventable unholy damage to target. If any character is killed, discard this attachment without dealing damage.
    It's not like the demons can't afford to wait... It's only that they don't like to.
    Note: Possibly only allies could be targeted.

Bloodlust
    Assist, Magic Unholy, Range 5
    Attach to target. If multiple targets are available for an attack, you must pick the one with fewer hit points. Melee Frenzy 2, Melee Frenzy 3 if target is below full health or Melee Frenzy 4 if target is below half health. Duration 2.
    I could not tell if it was supposed to be a blessing or a curse - all I know is that their pupils widened, their eyes lost any human quality they possessed before... Like savage beasts, driven mad by the scent of blood, they pressed on, each of their blows fell harder and harder on their cornered prey.