Avril 30th's summary of a Sorcererer

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Lucky Dice, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I feel surprisingly indifferent to what is happening with the meta. I hate mass healing, illusory barriers and Bless, but i just do what I do best and... do my own thing. Some people may dislike my approach, laugh at me never getting higher to 1,6k in my entire career. To those I say...

...are you not feeling tired of this charade?

Either way. I've got you some builds. Starting from some that I feel the least confident with, ending with... well, my specialty as of late. Some of you already know what this is, but I'll keep this hidden for now.

Dallok
    Level 23 Dwarf Wizard

Krunkzhuf
    Level 18 Dwarf Wizard

Another tree
    Level 1 Human Priest

This build is less serious than anything else, because the stakes are really high. Damage is rather admirable, both direct and indirect, and the priest has all these heals for a reason.
    Possible swap is Epigenetic Eraser > St. Bethan's Charm.

A lot of these items will reappear later, so I'll commentate all that later.

Battery
    Level 8 Human Warrior

Chaos Knight
    Level 1 Human Warrior

Leonard
    Level 1 Human Warrior
    pretty standard. A lot of damage paired with a huge chunk of solid team movement.
    Blistering Dervish - an amazing martial skill. Quick Run is very good currently, itemized well and pretty annoying with stuff like Stolen Torch.
    Advanced Command - offers slightly more than other team moves when paired with Wind Dancer.
    I mean it's probably a pretty good deck, but not my type at all.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  2. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

A tree
    Level 24 Human Priest

Cirdae
    Level 4 Elf Priest

Carroth
    Level 12 Elf Priest

Flail of Justice is a very good weapon. It provides a lot of damage abusable with Quick Runs, the cost is rather nice and has bunch of good heals that lower its token cost. This, and some earlier decks I didn't really bother publishing, is where I realized cantrip movement is now better than it has been before (so post EttSC). I guess it's good we don't have as many Swarm of Bats items available for priests compared to wizards, although I can imagine dwarven vamps w/ 3 relics of the first vampire are going to be incredible.

so we've got some attachments. If you have more of the Atomic Drop Consoles, you can try out options with 2 of these for double major. You WILL lose out on Quick Runs/Swarms though, so keep that in mind.

I think this buffpriest could be something else, but I can't think of something that could co-exist with these two elves that run all over the place. If there was something that had both drawing and attachments for opponents, that'd probably be my go-to pick. But both Inspiration and Curse of Fragility waddle around tokenless and minor token. Maybe Galvanic Zombie Symbol? Potentially could work, practically would require either some hard baiting from the support priest or for said priest to have some moves. I guess I'll leave it to ya.

Archie
    Level 9 Elf Wizard

Wendhil
    Level 4 Elf Wizard

Chaos Knight
    Level 1 Human Warrior

...i double-dipped this daily out of excitement.

This warrior is so weird. I have no idea what made me think it's a good idea, but I'll keep it that way for now. I feel like it could work nevertheless.

Quite literally so, because this is more of an idea I was playing with rather than something I have a build for.

Take a Dwarven Warrior. I already hear boos from all over the Germany, but whatever.

Put these two items on him:
    Necalli's Cap
    Crazy Sal's Creepers
    and go wild. I'm pretty sure your options are endless. You can take on Stolen Torches, Snitrick's, Bejeweled Shortswords?, Inquisition + 1? You're almost entirely limited by your own imagination and inventory.

Usually I dislike advocating for that, but a good support for this particular warrior is Delegate, for obvious reasons.

As a matter of fact, I've just came up with an idea for this build that I'll probably start testing in the near future.

3. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Juggler
    Level 18 Elf Warrior

Elbornam
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Medical Kit...ty.
    Level 1 Elf Priest

Possibly the most rushed build out of all these listed. And yet, really solid. This is where the whole "Cantrip" starts showing its colors, I think. If you decide to play this, the amount of times you go first is staggering. And after you go first, you're probably going to score a strong hit on your opponent, right off the bat.

I guess the Necalli could go a long way in this particular build, because MOVE 6 CANTRIP?! ARE YOU INSANE?! Maybe that's the way to go, as a matter of fact. We do have strong hits, and this helmet doesn't give me a lot. Maybe a replacement for Xander is the better way. I don't know. It's up for grabs to everybody interested.

"But there are so many legendaries in here!"

True that. But, for whatever reason, Impaling Stab is only uncommon. This is a good replacement, probably more reliable and, on occasion, more damaging as well. I tried version like this, with Necallis and stuff, coupled with some Double-Edged and a Powerpike? I think? I have to say the results were rather underwhelming, but, eh. I've never been a good player. I just learned this game by heart, I can't read people though.
    If you're REALLY short on legendaries, then you'd probably go for Quick Runs as opposed to Flanking moves. Much more expensive of an option, but also more reliable.
    The only thing you really want to keep in-tact is the range 2 elven priest. Sure, Quick Runs a plenty paired with, i dunno, Demon's Golden Blade for instance, is probably decent. Or maybe Vampire Knight's Embrace. Paired with range 1 vampiric attacks on divine items. Doesn't that sound like a high risk, low reward though?

Currently this build has a very small amount of traits. I think it has huge potential in right hands, but these hands are unlikely to be mine.

A tree
    Level 24 Human Priest

Another tree
    Level 1 Human Priest

Jugglist
    Level 23 Human Wizard

IRRADIATOR HEAVEN. Tons of these is required to make this right. Glowing Gland just won't cut it and Kreevian Radcannon isn't unleashing the full potential. Neither is some Gizmo thing.

The idea is rather self-explanatory - add as many attachments on your opponent as humanly possible, let them add some of their own, remove them with 14 damage attacks. Or, y'know, let time finish them off. Unless they have moves gallore, you're going to be fine just avoiding physical contact and adding traits.

And the one build that I can safely say is incredibly solid. Probably one of my finest creations. If you're here for this "specialty of mine", then this is it.

Dallok
    Level 23 Dwarf Wizard

Omniknight v2
    Level 12 Dwarf Priest

Krunkzhuf
    Level 18 Dwarf Wizard

Many a people quit the match with me. "How the hell does he have all these Obliterating Sparks?!" "Ooh, Mind Leak! Don't mind if I do... what the?!"

Antimagic Skin is absurdly good. Get everything that has 2 of these things. I'll quickly provide you with a list of things this card does:
    - Fairly reliable armor of 2. Wizards are flimsier, so this is welcome.
    - Nullifier for every single attachment. Vulnerable, Creature of the Night and Combustible only work at most once. Mind Leak is not a problem AT ALL. If something hits the armor, Mind Leak is gone before your card gets removed.
    - Accelerated Thought has a bonus effect of purging your allies and/or yourself.
    - Martyrs cause a problem? Don't worry, I hate it as well.
    - Oh Nimbus priests? Good luck.
    It might not look like a long list, but take note of all the stuff it all counters. Buff wizards? Check. Overly safe warriors? Check. Defensive priests? Check. Radiation spam? Check. This build only suffers from penetrating damage, and even then priest has some heals to cover that.
    The magical 5 + 1 on both wizards, 5 OSparks and a Mega Laser, is all we need to punish our opponent. Everything else is either a bonus damage, a self-purge or disruption in the purest form.
    Memory Loss! Oh the Memory Loss, how I love you so. Your opponent hits you with a weak attack to check for defender's? Well now he doesn't have traits AND his stronger attack.

I love this build. It is truly able to do everything. A smart, methodical start is all you need for this build to deliver. The moment your wizards have Antimagic Skin in their hand, they are twice as strong. Without them, they are merely a glass cannon.

And then there's the priest, incredible tank. Surprise hitter from afar, drawpriest and healpriest, only coming with 2 natural purges. Everything else is a bonus. Works surprisingly well. Only a weak link when no armors are present, but opponents are probably going to be busy recovering from these powerful hard to block blasts.

Antimagic Skin is bonkers when done right. You should all be thankful there aren't many good items with Mind Leak. I'd abuse the living hell out of them.

Here I wish I could give a shout-out to everybody who helped me with some of these. Notable people include, but are not restricted to, Pyrious, Testlum, gurel, Dark Brightness, Legendary Leon, CT5, JutdDoIt... the list goes on. Some of these ideas were born after just one-off encounters with an enemy and then reworking what I've learned from them.

And... yeah, hopefully you'll find something you enjoy amongst all these. Happy Walpurgis Nacht.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017