Bejewelled Shortsword Is NOT Balanced

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Testlum, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Testlum

Testlum Lizardman Priest

It's become clear to me that there is a serious flaw in our beloved game. Some people say it comes from Bless, others are quick to point fingers at werewolves. But I can't believe that no one else has caught this! Bejewelled Shortsword is NOT balanced. Take a look at Exhibits A, B and C below.

literallyunplayable.JPG

That's right. Just look at that angle. I have no idea how such a gregarious egregrious mistake slipped past us for so many years. What were you thinking, Blue Manchu? What were you thinking?!

As a concerned player, I hope that we'll all agree that Bejewelled Shortsword clearly needs to be brought to the same level of its peers.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

No, it is balanced.
    Why?
    There are other double majors with better average damage.
    There are other double majors, and even major/minors, that have much better tech.
    There are other double majors that can counter Bejeweled Shortsword.
    Heck, I with my tiny collection that is not designed to counter Bejeweled Shortsword regularly kills BJSS users.

This item is powerful.
    But how many are also powerful?

3. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Yes, but it is stylish.
    Why?
    There are no other double majors with as many jewels.
    There are no other double majors, and even major/minors, that are shortswords.
    There are no other double majors that can outflair Bejeweled Shortsword.
    Heck, I with my huge collection that is designed to outstyle Bejeweled Shortsword am regularly outstyled by BJSS users.

This item is stylish.
    And how many are as stylish?

4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Looks like the meaning of the post went right above your head. In other words the post isn't about why the power level is unbalanced but why something else about it is unbalanced.

5. hello world

hello world Hydra

6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Read my above post. The opening post is about how the sword looks unbalanced visually. Please do not assume what the opening post is based on the title, some OPs might even try to trick you into believing the thread is about something different than what is is.

7. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

And sir, the meaning of our comments obviously went over your head.
    We don't care how it looks.
    Actually, it is stylish indeed.
    The blade is actually straight, but the weapon's tilt creates an optical illusion where it looks slanted.
    So, no biggie, just the fact that you seem to never show up until someone is wrong, or at least in your opinion.
    This is a public forum, @timeracers .
    If you thought that you were a moderator or something, no, you're not.

8. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

So I was mistaken in thinking you were actually trying to argue that the weapon is not unbalanced power wise?
    I don't care rather or not you care how it looks, but rather if what you talk about is on topic.
    You are correct the weapon is simply displayed at a different slant, I never said anything about rather or not the weapon was actually visually unbalanced.
    What about AAs? There are only times too .. but wait a second what about me liking posts, there are lots of likes given out by me. Even still should posts like such exist? It shouldn't matter who posts them.
    And? I never said you weren't supposed to be here.
    We don't simply have one thread for suggestions but multiple. Why? Multiple reasons, #1: Not everyone is interested in everything, by having a lot of threads people can read just about discussion of only the stuff they are interested in. #2: To streamline the process of seeing previous discussion on the same topic. etc.
    You are correct that I do not have the powers, responsibilities, or role of a moderator, but even still we shouldn't force the moderators to do extra work. You have the responsibility of moderating yourself, the moderators are here to handle the people who don't moderate themselves properly.

Just to be clear: I believe this thread is about aesthetics of the item bejeweled shortsword.

PS: I think I will add that last part to my signature.

DARK MAGIC and PULSEFIRE like this.
  9. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

Sorry about that.
    :(

DARK MAGIC and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I recommend not arguing with timeracers about intent or meaning. Keep it civil; hopefully no feelings were hurt. Anyway, carry on. This is a brilliant thread.