banned systems

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by ntym13, Dec 28, 2016.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Childish? So you are saying that complaining about a 365 day ban is childish?

2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

It's been said many times already. Use the in-game report function and private message abuser info to a mod or email support@cardhunter.com.

Publicly calling out other players on the forums creates just drama and we won't tolerate that.

If you want to post screenshots, make sure that all instances of the opponent's name have been removed. Like this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. ntym13

ntym13 Kobold

from your picture - I do not understand, who stalling!
    Denote objects or humans by names is normal, what wrong with your rules ?
    Why shoot your own leg?

4. ntym13

ntym13 Kobold

you do not answer, may be you are a bot?
    please, stop posting to this topic, you litter everything

5. Pawndawan

For what is worth, I warned the person in question. But I don't want to see any more screenshots like that on the public forums. If you feel that report function is not enough, PM me (or any other mod) in-game or via forums and provide necessary un-edited screenshots.

6. ntym13

ntym13 Kobold

if this forum not fo helping, why i'm must stopping?

and message for you again and again:
    if you do not answer - please then do not write. you looks like a bot

7. ntym13

ntym13 Kobold

what i wrote in top of this conversation?
    do you read before write ?

8. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

There's a reason I don't normally give much thought to items and cards made by the quoted person (in your post) who is not a bot.

9. ntym13

ntym13 Kobold

you tell about spam, but you are the source of spam
    can you moderate yourserlf?

10. Pawndawan

Okay, everybody chill for a moment. I'm going to lock down this thread for couple of days.

11. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

I am getting more false reports. Supposedly being at the top of the leaderboards makes one a target for false reporting...
    Perhaps the reporting system could consider the difference in rank. I don't even interact with these <1300 players yet they report me because I am the first in the online player list. How about a 500 difference in rank puts the report into the /dev/null bin?

12. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

If I ever needed a reason to tank my rating into the 1200s, here it is

just kidding, love you binco

wereviper, CT5 and Gingrich Yurr like this.
  13. 00Banshee00

00Banshee00 Orc Soldier

Don't league matches ignore the elo of the players? So there is a possibility that a 1000 elo and 1800 elo could play a match together, and if the higher ranked person is stalling the lower ranked person will have no way to report it.

I don't know how the report system works currently, so if it isn't already the way it works, how about reports being accepted only if the reporter and the reported person have recently been in a match together? (excluding reports for offensive behavior ofc)

14. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

"Innocent until proven guilty" is a statement not upheld by the current ban-without-moderator-approval system. Having the system hand out bans without any verification of the reports leading to the ban does not make any sense unless the instant ban system filters out spam accounts, bots, and similar cases wherein the adjudicating party's ability to handle other cases will be diminished. Letting the system hand out bans like so is simply turning a blind eye to the reality and the humanity of the situation, especially if it's for an extended period of time. In light of this I believe the system should not hand out bans longer than two weeks without approval from the administrative team.

As a side note, I laud your efforts to keep this thread together, @Pawndawan. However, despite your insistence I believe this is correct forum for this thread as it is not a direct request to change the system but rather a discussion of people's opinions of the reporting and banning system and nytm123's peculiar case in particular. Additionally, the report system is clearly not enough for ntym123 to respond to accusations. The validity of the report system is in question to begin with, and hence it seems futile to report the person as you suggest to raise one's concern.

While I do agree that public shaming should not be tolerated, I disagree that his screenshots should be removed entirely as the content of the posts and thus the discussion are lost. ntym123 may not be skilled in photo editing and English and hence I think it's in the best interest of the moderators to help him, not hamper him. If we are to fix anything we should come from a ground of understanding rather than contempt. Lack of eloquence in one's opinion definitely affects the way it is perceived, but it should never affect the content or heart of the message.

Since we overtly do not tolerate public shaming, I hope we do not allow shaming in other forms as well. Consistent passive-aggressive, indirectly offensive remarks are just as damaging as a few open attacks. Those +1s from Gusts Of War and Winds Of War do add up. I think this is something we should all keep in mind.

WexMajor, wereviper, Testlum and 4 others like this.
  15. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Since the vast majority of moderators are unpaid volunteers who are already giving up their time and effort to keep the game and community as strong and as friendly a place as possible, there certainly should be no additional onus placed upon them to do someone's communicating for them. The rules are in place, if one is unable to communicate what one desires within the rules, there is nothing that prevents the individual from reaching out asking someone to help them do so, but this should be a voluntary aide if someone chooses to do so, and certainly not the expected responsibility of someone who's already volunteering their time.

16. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

@ooBansheeoo, in theory high ranked players could stall but in practise they do not. They play relatively slower, which many noobs consider stalling. This leads to false reports. So your recent-game reporting idea does not work.

Also I suspect the offensive behavior report is being spammed by these false reporters. So excluding it from the solution also does not work.

17. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

There probably needs to be a delay on how often you can report a player, or in general. I very highly doubt that someone is going to perform two unique reportable offenses in a short period of time.

Maybe once every 90 minutes or something?

rinco69 likes this.
  18. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Correct, if you don't do any validation false bans will happen.
    I agree the forums are for discussing all the various aspects of card hunter and as such this thread is a good place to talk about the report and banning system.
    While I agree that part of the message is lost however they did violate the rules, when they could've asked for help, in fact pawndawan does suggest using mods to modify resources for them. I can't say ntym123 has been the most cooperative because he did publicly shame a name outside the context of a screenshot, after the rule was pointed out to him.

I am willing to do the service of censoring documents given to me.

wereviper and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  19. 00Banshee00

00Banshee00 Orc Soldier

While I do agree that this will still lead to false reports given, I also do believe that this will highly reduce the frequency of these type of reports being given.

As for the one for offensive behavior, I can't see a way but to change the current ban system. One way is to tell people to send an email to support with a screenshot of the offender. A ban will be handed out only if a person from the support team decides to.

Or, like I've seen in a couple of other games, just remove the option to report for offensive behavior and tell the people to block the person who is offending you.

rinco69 likes this.
  20. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

If the simple report system were changed back to BM's "e-mail support with a screenshot" setup (it's not a new idea, it's an old probably-mostly-abandoned procedure), then I suspect a lot fewer legitimate reports (offensive behavior, stalling, colluding, inappropriate usernames, etc.) would be sent. People like convenience; e-mailing support a screenshot (which you'd only find written in the forum at this point) is a lot less convenient than clicking a name, hitting report, and hitting the reason.

Actually, I completely disagree. Clearly it is enough: A short term ban that gets lifted after contacting BM might be annoying, but BM said on page one of this thread (post fourteen) that if one's wrongly banned, then one should simply contact BM. However, nytm13 demonstrated on page one of this thread (posts four and nine) that he finds privately writing BM to be somehow humiliating whereas posting publically the same information to not be. So far, I haven't seen necessity to remove the autoban system. It'd be more convenient to the player to not be banned for a very short time before sorting it out with BM, but it still seems far from necessary. (And if you're not reading between my lines: you only keep a full wrongful ban by not sorting it out with BM.) How short a time? BM used the word immediately. I mean, c'mon, that's even before blocks are checked. $;^ D