Release 3.180 (20 Mar 2017)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

wereviper, Maniafig, Jaer and 8 others like this.
  2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Only took you guys almost 3 months :)

Lucky Dice likes this.
  3. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Rancid Cockroach Pools... sounds like my dad's cooking!!

4. Nosgoup

Nosgoup War Monkey

5. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Just noticed that Holiday figures are still on sale: Human Priest, Elf Warrior & Dwarf Wizard.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

...and thus the Winter sale manages to become the Spring sale after all! Whoooo! $X^ D

wereviper likes this.
  7. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Fantastic!
    Instant snowmen in the Spring. *Crosses fingers* for Polar Electromancy as well.
    Cardhuntria, where it's always winter but never Christmas. There must be a white witch about here somewhere.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  8. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

*looks outside*
    No, it's definitely autumn. Also it's the dry season in other parts of Australia. And probably lots of other seasons all over the world.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  9. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Anyone for some Bermuda triangle wormhole battle cruiser rain, with some UFO on the side?

wereviper and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  10. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Thanks for having winter themed stuff during our (northern hemisphere) winter, Australian developers, that's very generous of you. It's helpful to be reminded Cardhunter is worldwide.

wereviper and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  11. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Hehe. No worries. We have winter-themed stuff all over the place here in Summer anyway due to inherited holiday traditions. The assumption that it's the same season all over the world at the same time is just a pet peeve. Release announcements and movie previews are frequent offenders - "Coming This Fall" etc.

But I totally do it myself too some times, by accident, the other way around :)

Sir Veza, wereviper, tolkien and 2 others like this.
  12. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Yep, you haven't lived until you're forced to eat your way through a roast turkey lunch and pudding with hot custard for Christmas lunch and it's 38 celsius outside.

Thankfully Australia has loosened up a bit with that and many people now do cold meat and seafood platters with salads, and something cold for dessert.

13. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

That reminds me of the movie, Bushfire Moon, an Aussie Christmas movie, where you've got a guy who's trying to burn a traditional yule log in the drought of summer and roasting everyone at his Christmas party with the heat.

14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It's good to know other people are strange too. :cool: (I'd hate to be singled out, even if I didn't really notice.)
    I've been to the southern hemisphere a dozen times, but visits to Australia, Tasmania, and New Zealand are still on my bucket list. If I make it to Australia, I'd like to buy lunch (and a few drinks) for my CH compatriots there. Australia and Antarctica are the only two continents where I've yet to perform on guitar and pull pints. If I do head seriously south, I'll probably need to pick up a keg of Foster's on the way to ensure I have something to pull pints from. Cheers!