[Suggestion] Removing certain mobs from CoC

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by PULSEFIRE, Mar 16, 2017.

?

Should certain mobs be removed from CoC?

1. Yes

71.4%
  2. No

28.6%
  1. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

So recently, I was playing Caverns of Chaos when I got:
    Deathies, Boulders, and Tan Molds.
    That's a slight problem.
    So, I want some feedback from the community on who should get out.

Christofff likes this.
  2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Well, Flaxative already said Death Elementals would go out soon. (I'll find the quote in a moment here.)

Also, what? You got Boulders? Plural? More than one?

EDIT:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    timeracers and Maniafig like this.
  3. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

I also hate it when I get assassins. Without certain characters, they're unkillable.
    Not to mention dealing with Trolls without fire wizards somehow.

4. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Pulsefire, I presume you've defeated all these guys in single player already.

5. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Save the death elementals! They're so nice, killing all the other monsters for you!

6. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

I don't think Tan Molds are that bad but I totally agree with your sentiments regarding the other mobs. Trolls especially since they have the unoly trinity of high movement, health, and damage, in addition to an insane trait of Troll Regeneration which as you said makes them basically unkillable without fire.

I'd love to see more epic bosses in future, too! Any chance we can see some battles with Countess Jevana, or get to play as Volkov?

7. PULSEFLECT

PULSEFLECT Orc Soldier

Maybe.
    Hopefully...

8. PULSEFLECT

PULSEFLECT Orc Soldier

And yes, he did.

9. I don't believe that CoC need to have mobs removed. You are not supposed to do it every time you play it. You are meant to get impossible layouts from time to time. And CoC have already been nerfed once. Yes, Death Elementals are a pain in the ass, but not impossible and there are a lot of characters that have heals that can kill them. Just stay out of Doom reach, let them play their attacks to kill the rest of the enemies and plan so you play first next to them when NEB expires. And assassins aren't that bad once you realize that they can only melee hit you from the back. Their other attack is ranged and weak. Just have a wall behind you and keep your characters close to each other so they don't flank you. Also, I believe that you are confusing The Boulder (which only appears as a sub boss) with Boulder Traps.

10. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

While it is true that CoC did get nerfed once, it is also true that it got buffed once with the inclusion of these new mobs. I disagree I think no one enjoys the guaranteed loss, very hard win sure but not guaranteed loss. Death elementals are practically impossible to kill if you don't have a priest.

00Banshee00 and Maniafig like this.
  11. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

How do you stay out of backstab range of a group of three Assassins who can easily flank you with several Scampers? Not every map has convenient walls or has the party start close to each other. And Poison Dart's far from weak either, 10 total damage which mostly ignores armor on a ranged attack is incredibly powerful, far more than the bronze value implies. Add to that the difficulty of fighting back due to Here for the Job and Uncanny Dodge and you've got a dangerous, nimble and hard to target unit that isn't exactly frail HP-wise either. I don't think they need to be removed, but they certainly can get their population culled to a max of 2 per group.

Death Elementals definitely should be removed though, NEB shuts down priestless parties, Doom shuts down melee parties that don't have access to Purges and Roulettes can screw you over even if you have less units, especially if you get squishy Wizards. They're far too punishing for a non-priest party to face.

The Boulder should also be changed into the non-Hard Mode variant so it's still a dangerous obstacle but doesn't get as much movement per turn.

Trolls are also just a really unfun chore with certain set-ups, but they're probably the most iconic thing in the Caverns after the Wyvern nerf so they should probably stay.

00Banshee00 and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  12. @timeracers
    @Maniafig

Some tips: For assassins have a wall at your back. If you only have 1 character, go to a corner. Use some attacks so you they use their Uncanny Dodge to send them away. I'm Here About The Job means they can't even use their ranged attacks, just the ones from the back. Use bursts, hotspots, firewalls at the end of turn. I rarely lose to assassins.

Death Elementals are more difficult but lots of characters have purges, heals, arrogant armors. If they place Doom on you, you can always burn yourself with one of your mages, put some other enchantments, or go near to a rad tile or use a purge or go next to a priest with Holy Presence etc so you have them removed. It's a matter of luck of course, but surely not an insta-loss like when you got Adult Wyverns in the pre-nerfed version.

p.s. The real killers in CoC are the Wisps who have strong hard-to-block attacks, teleport movement and ranged attack blocks, especially if you get them in an open board.