Purple Peasants - Good Items for Poor People

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Testlum, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Testlum

Testlum Lizardman Priest

We've all been there - starting up a fresh new account in this wonderful new game we've heard about - Card Hunter. Blazing through the SP campaign and eventually making our way to the multiplayer battlefields, only to find ourselves being trounced by others with bigger collections. Alas, we were new back then and had few items to our name. No Searing Vibrant Pains for us!

There's no denying it - items matter. Things like The Strongarm or Asmod's Telekinetic Chain are called staples for a reason. But that doesn't mean you can't do well without them.

Hence, Braves of Glory presents: Purple Peasants!

Good Items for Poor People

Here, we've collected a list of common/uncommon items to help newer players find their way. We've tried to make this as comprehensive as possible, but don't be afraid to branch out and try things that we might have missed.

We're not all just talk - here's proof that a brand new account can be the proud owner of a purple banner next to their name in under a hundred games.

Purple Peasant.JPG
    Purple Peasant 2.JPG

In the case of St. Darqar, a 1-1-1 was used from the start. You can find the full build in the spoiler below.
    PP1.JPG PP2.JPG PP3.JPG

Crazy Sal

Level 8 Elf Warrior

Asmod
    Level 8 Dwarf Wizard

St. Darqar
    Level 8 Human Priest

Good luck, peasants!

2. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

If I could give this more than one like, I would.

3. Very good post,thanks a lot

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

5. Testlum

Testlum Lizardman Priest

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

And oops, I even used Armorbane Pendant on Darqar. You're right about both, @Gingrich Yurr. Fixed!

6. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

i've PM'd Testlum buncha suggestions, maybe i'll add builds in upcoming days

7. visak13

visak13 Ogre

IGN: Mordecai Volcano
    Guild: League of Legends

My version:
    Uses the same combination of 1-1-1 but with more power output and control. And from my recent games I have seen the power of elf wizards. There is still room for improvement but I am yet to find those items in the market.

The idea behind this deck is to play aggressively and slide away enemy characters to keep advantage on our side. I don't run armor removal because of control. All armored characters get pushed back until they decide to discard their armors. The elf trait allows the wizard to kill werewolves. The elf warrior is very mobile. The priest is usually support but is well armed for melee battles.

I hope that this helps the new players to understand how to make builds. Thanks for reading!

wereviper and Gingrich Yurr like this.
  8. hello world

hello world Hydra

There are other good commons and uncommons, but the ones I know probably need some specific epics and legends to work well so I won't list them, still try to not dismiss the most unique ones only because they aren't on this list.