Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

2. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Congrats on the Impeccability! Still looking for my first. Pitchfork of Shelter is quite nice, I've used it in some leagues where burst and such are common, but I think Warding Dervish would be more consistent for your needs.

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

My Randi has Poltergeist's Cape this week. Does anyone use it? People said good things about it here, but it looks like none of those people actually owned one. While I certainly like getting TK for free, I don't like putting Grudge in my deck, and I already have multiple Perrio/Festive for times I need TK and have a spare token.

4. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

If you don't like putting Ancient Grudge in your deck, I'd get tokenless TK from Asmod's Telekinetic Chain.

5. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I have it, never use it... IMO a trait or even double trait on tokenless robes is a better substitute.

6. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

7. Gingrich Yurr

Only thing of note this week is a Bruising Dervish. Violent Spin is unbelievable and this item is the cheapest way in terms of token cost to get two of it but 2 cards out of 6 is just too inconsistent...I would be crying everytime I draw an Able Bludgeon/Bludgeon. Anyone actually used it in a build?

Edit: And why can't it be 4 Able Bludgeons? :( That Bludgeon sticks out like a sore thumb.

skulldestroyer likes this.
  8. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Gingrich Yurr likes this.
  9. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

That was when Vengeance didn't exist though. Now decks are just so condensed.

10. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I can tell you for certain that with small decks that core idea still works.

11. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

The item has lost considerable value. Don't you see the point?

12. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

A lot of stuff lost value in your eyes. Violent Spin was, is, and will be relevant, regardless of the item it's on.

13. hello world

hello world Hydra

Pretty sure that vengeance made violent spin better, if anything.

I'd check the race of that warrior and the balance nerfs from last spring before using that deck as an argument for why the dervish is good right now tho.

14. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  15. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Use ITEM tags instead of CARD tags in your links; at the moment they're not working.

I prefer Howling Lycanthropy, because it's cheaper and requires only minor power token.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  16. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

FYI, Howling Lycanthropy is in todays Daily Deal ;)

17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

18. Ector

Ector Hydra

My Randi offers some really flashing items this week:
    Lance Of Overflowing Light. Looks like very impressive for a Priest supporting two Wizards. Do I understand it right that Daylight can remove volcanos from your own team and leave them only for the opponents? :cool:
    Mullic's Blisterstaff Do I really need a third copy?
    Hand Of Vicna Probably the best Flash Flood item, and I don't have it yet.
    Silver Pitchfork I've got two, but probably buy 3rd, as it's only Epic. Really like the design: even the "weak" cards here are useful and techy.
    I also have 3rd copy of Korenchkin's Tactical Tunic, but can't imagine myself playing three Wizards :)

What do you think?

19. Gingrich Yurr

The Lance is indeed pretty good for a Volcano support priest, but all the 3 support cards require careful positioning so keep that in mind. Also, the Warding Lance reduces damage from your own Volcanoes too.

The highlight of my pile of trash this week is Red Jon's Staff which I am actually considering because I've had nothing from Randimar for weeks on end. Thoughts?

20. hello world

hello world Hydra