The Unholy Cuisinart

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Tyro, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

Seeking suggestions on possible improvements for my current multiplayer deck. It works well as a super aggressive blitz team, with several sick combos (wind dancer + leadership, wind dancer + step moves & mobility cards, etc). Lots of dead cards, especially on the priest, but that's what leadership is for. Fun fact: Slowed triggers Wind Dancer :)

Blitz
    Human Warrior

Krieg
    Human Warrior

Dr. Faustus
    Human Priest

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    Maniafig likes this.
  2. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

Bump

3. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

Bump

4. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

It's an interesting build, maximizing movement cards on the warriors to synergize with the Wind Dancers and Leaderships with frenzy/draw support from a priest.

I was going to suggest changing the Tough Hide Shirt but it doesn't seem Thick Hide Armor or Dynamic Armor are that well itemized among Heavy Armors. Perhaps Ogre Hide Armor could be worth it for the Dynamic Mail though. Hawkwind's Moccasins are also good boots if you can get them, the Escaping Run can give you both an Unreliable Block and a new card if you're adjacent to an enemy while the Dangerous Maneuvers give more movement and don't require blocking terrain to function, it's more consistent than Cautious Run. I do wonder whether a token can't be spared somewhere to upgrade the shield to a Parrying Buckler since it allows for more cards to be drawn and does so more reliably than Leadershipped War Danced Unreliable Blocks.

The double Axe of the Dark Soul makes the Priest very strongly locked into a support role with Raging Strike making them very frail and limiting the use of Demonic Power, especially since there's a Demonic Feedback in there which can end up being rather nasty. Vampire Knight's Embrace, Huetotl's Firebrand, Evensong and Bynzer's Black Spear would all make the priest more combat-ready at the expense of less focused frenzies and card draw, they're worth considering if you find the priest's pure support role limits them too much.

I could see armor being a problem for this build, as there's no Sundering Strikes and only two big penetrating attacks, meaning a Cushioning Armor can really dampen your offensive potential, especially when paired with Reliable Mail or Monstrous Hide. You also face the risk of not pulling key cards, possibly leaving you with dead cards you can't properly use puts you at a major disadvantage. The build is also very reliant on attachments to get full value with Wind dancer and the Frenzies, so anti-attachment cards can also seriously limit the build, though this is harder to counter.

I like the Blitz & Krieg warrior names.

Tyro likes this.
  5. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

I like leaving the priest back, and as there's only one demonic feedback and two raging strikes, and I tend to discard or leadership the r. strikes, it rarely gives me trouble. I can accept the occasional loss, this deck is about winning and losing quickly. I might get snarlcub hides and upgrade the boots to something like Diamond Moccasins or Healthy Gumshoes.

Parrying buckler would be nice but lacks mobility and uses a precious token.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    Maniafig likes this.
  6. regarding the armor being a problem, i really believe its not a problem to get focused on to be honest. He is trying to win in few rounds as possible, which make me agree with this part Mania, maybe a 3 character that can go agressive could make this team better, but this is my 2 cents ofc

yours truly
    SkullDestroyer