What can we do to make this game more popular?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by SirSrsly, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Monthly "finals" might still be too much of a hassle, you could add the monthly results up and maybe hold a guild battle royale as big event, Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter or even more sparsly.

2. visak13

visak13 Ogre

There was a game called NeedForSpeed World which did the following to attract a huge crowd:

1. Create 2 servers so that the new players can not be dominated by the old ones. Every old player has to be on the previous server. People could still create an account in the old server though.

2. Conduct events through forum. Get the community involved. Get the community involved to design ads/events (monthly events) for the game and reward them with a prize of their choice.

Hope this helps!

They thought beyond advertisement and it worked.

I have no idea on how to advertise this game so I really hope that I can contribute in any other way. Still thinking :p

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/187.page the game was closed 8 months back but the forum is still active. Wow!(ultimatetoken)(ultimatetoken)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    Christofff likes this.
  3. visak13

visak13 Ogre

One more suggestion: Let's make the use of all the maps by creating competitions that grant small prizes like 1 Magnificent chest for the winner. We can always create those casual games at will.

4. Xvim

Xvim Kobold

My opinions are;

-Creating group in facebook, not page.
    -We can make a trailer contest for advertisement in youtube or other mmo websites.
    -Also we can enchance CH membership options like 'membership area' in forums or members channel etc. Why? Because peoples are seeking game with membership, not pay to play or item mall. Since pizza given away with league, contests and maps figurines are becomes common. Peoples want to feel special in different ways like membership etc.
    -We can advertise CH like Travian, Ogame etc. I still see their advertisement whenever i click youtube, animefreak etc.
    -Creating a community. Forums for sharing but not making or holding community members. Everyday people boring monotone things like LF after league then ranked and quit. Thats why one of my friend stop playing.
    -One last thing is balancing pvp/pve options. For example making co-op only dungeons (not single player only co-op but pve not like custom maps) bring more fun for PvE players. Since multiplayer has ranked, custom and league options, PvE deserves that.

Optional: Members only dungeons. Dont say it turns this game into Pay to play. This can be an option. Many peoples love games with memberships. This game's memberships like only for 1 extra loot.

Sincerely

Ystaeth

5. Dingding123

Dingding123 Orc Soldier

Money incentive for dedicated players would only be a good thing! Not only would it attract a larger crowd but you will get highly informed players' feedback on game balance. Even if the 'event' flops, it will inevitably help the company.

Also, consider hosting tournaments and selling tickets for entry that when purchased also give players a few chests of items, or particular featured items (aloyzo's arsenal for example).

A third thing to consider is drafting (something more refined than Quick Draw), and you could even consider hosting tournaments for that and/or offer a paid method for playing it. There's the typical hearthstone format that you could follow like Chronicle: Runescape Legends did, sure, but also consider MTG's style of drafting: essentially, each player picks one item from a separate group of items and then passes it down to another player who takes another item and so on and so forth. Oh wait you guys worked on MTG you know all about this LOL

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I don't want this, it's hard enough sometimes just to find a partner for low level LF co-op. People who enjoy co-op can already do it everywhere in the campaign, there's no need to force it on players who find it frustrating.

We have Treasure Hunts for premium content, and F2P folks already complain about them when the LF visits. And so far every expansion has added more TH than free modules, so it will only get worse.

My suggestion for making Membership attractive: give members a 10% discount on anything that costs pizza (including club membership).

It would also be nice if buying a bundle gave you a refund for any Treasure Hunts or figures you already own.

7. Xvim

Xvim Kobold

This option will bring more co-op players so you can find everytime your co-op partner :)

why should it go worse? We got T-hunts but same T-hunt weapons also drop from ranked chests, campaign etc. Its ok for me.

8. SirSrsly

SirSrsly Lizardman Priest

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You can always downvote the helpfulness of negative reviews if you want. Most of the most "helpful" negative reviews contain a lot of false information, so I don't know what can be done about that.

ParodyKnaveBob and Potatus like this.
  10. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

afaik a dev can write something in reply for the review

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Looks like Data already went in and said some stuff. Isn't it kinda unbecoming for devs to argue with reviewers? ;)

12. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

it's not supposed to be arguing. I'd call it more like... clarifying.

13. SirSrsly

SirSrsly Lizardman Priest

How about some special events? Something special to look forward to at the end of every month / 2 months? I know the CH Birthday event had me playing more leagues!

Some ideas:

Loot Fairy Weekend:
    There are 4 loot fairy locations instead of just 1 for this weekend

+1 Loot Weekend:
    Every gold/purple chest gives +1 loot

Bandit Weekend:
    Bandit gives a guaranteed legendary treasure

Caverns of Chaos Weekend:
    CoC will reset with the Crown available-- have to do in co-op

Club Membership Weekend:
    Everyone has club membership for those 3 days

Pizza Weekend:
    ???

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  14. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

In that vein, we could have pizza leagues for exclusive figures occasionally. We wouldn't even have to replace the gold leagues entirely, just have one or two pizza leagues along with the regular ones in the rotation.

SirSrsly and Scarponi like this.
  15. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

Well I always knew that Steam was developed for idiots but this is quite amazing. Just go and compare those silly comments to Kongregate ones to get the picture.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/bluemanchu/card-hunter/comments?sort=best

Potatus and timeracers like this.
  16. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

so how about we agree on one good steam review here, rally a lot of players with steam account and bundle our votes to make it seen. Same for downvoting the worst review.

wereviper and Dark Brightness like this.
  17. Vacuity

Vacuity Ogre

Does this mean leagues where you win pizza for prizes, or where you pay pizza (i.e. real money) to enter?
    The former might work, but the latter...
    I'm a little confused how that would make the game more popular? The only people winning these leagues would be the (same old) high-ranked players. It wouldn't even be worth entering the league and not playing for the vast majority of players. And any new players that came to try the game out and joined in would essentially be throwing their real money into a black hole, which is not exactly conducive to turning them into long-term, returning players.
    I don't think the idea is a terrible idea in itself, but it'd really be an event for the elite players only; in no way shape or form making the game more popular or appealing to anyone but a handful of players.

ParodyKnaveBob and Robauke like this.
  18. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

You predicted the past. Congratulations, your logic is sound.

btw i skipped through the steam reviews and the current state aint that bad.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  19. Vacuity

Vacuity Ogre

Although the date stamp was old, no one else had replied to it, so it seemed a valid response. Did BM actually implement this idea at some point since then? I take it that it played out exactly as I predicted?

20. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Leagues were originally piza entry fee and pizza wins plus figures as grand price. Take a guess who was farming pizza on the backs of unsuspecting and hopeful newbies.