Tghy71's Terrible Transfigurations-Monster Creation Thread!

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by tghy71, Apr 7, 2016.

?

Like the idea?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Maloqi

Maloqi War Monkey

Squirrels ftw:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Squirrel Commander
    13 HP
    Deck size: 15
    2 Victory Points
    Draw: 3
    Default move: Scamper
    1x Slippery, 1x Food Fling, 2x Hemorrhage, 1x Filch, 1x Acorn Barrage, 1x Acorn Sling, 2x Scamper, Team!, 1x Scatter!, 1x Panic, 1x Skillful Dodge, 1x Fright, 1x Escaping Run, 1x Taunt

Squirrel Militant
    10 HP
    Deck Size: 12
    1 Victory Point
    Draw: 0.5 per group member
    4x Hemorrhage, 1x Filch, 2x Food Fling, 1x Escaping Run, 1x Fright, 1x Panic, 1x Skillful Dodge, 1x Taunt

Squirrel Bombardier
    8 HP
    Deck size: 10
    1 Victory Point
    Draw: 0.5 per group member
    1x Acorn Barrage, 1x Acorn Sling, 2x Food Fling, 1x Fright, 2x Panic, 1x Escaping Run, 1x Skillful Dodge, 1x Taunt

Designed to irritate.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    adajon and tolkien like this.
  2. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Like. Love the idea but I would want to have the actual Spacedragon Warpcloak cards on him. Perhaps his default move would be warp run, which would be a nasty debuff, and give him short spark instead of destructive purge for a bronze card. So that would mean giving him mystical wyrmhide instead of force field. And if blu manchu doesn't want to make laser affinity, they could just give him surestrike blessing instead.

winner likes this.
  3. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I considered putting on Warp Run, but doing so limits the possibility of giving the Spacedragon positive attachments so I went for Teleportation instead which seems suitably warpy and also allows the Dragon free movement like Fly does. I also decided to pick Lasers instead of Electricity as the main form of attack because a Spacedragon without Lasers is just sad. :p

To still let it be able to deal I gave it Nuclear Breath which is a Breath version of Radioactive Purge and probably would be Silver quality like Fiery/Blizzard Breath, I just used Destructive Purge's art as a stand-in. Same with Mimetic Wyrmhide as a spacey alternative to Mystical Wyrmhide that makes it hard to deal with.

tolkien likes this.
  4. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

So over on the Card Ideas thread we were talking about creating mounts. My idea is to have monsters that can be moved next to and then they turn into your mount (depending on the cards they have in their hands) In that case, their model is removed from the board and your character model is "inserted" on top of the mount. These would all be monster base sized so they would have that drawback. Instead of drawing your racial move, you would draw the mounts racial move, and either one of their cards and one of yours or two of yours and an extra one from their deck.

So I conceive of this only being for Single Player and fixed deck leagues. The monster mounts would be minions that would basically stay put and their unmounted deck would consist of a mix of:
    Gentle: if an opponent moves next to you transform.{In cases of a two characters proceed clockwise from the Northeast. (Transform: place character on monster mount.) At the beginning of the round draw the monster's racial move instead, and draw an additional monster card. (Or draw one card from your deck and one from the monster's.) Further draws would all be from player's deck.
    If targeted by an opponent move or push card place the character in a random square adjacent to the monster.
    Panic
    Ready To Strike
    Laser Discharge
    and their unmounted racial move would be Immovable

Pegasus
    Racial Move: Fly
    Unmounted Deck: 5x Gentle 1x Panic
    Mounted Deck:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    tghy71 and trrst like this.
  5. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Monster Mount
    Black Charger
    Racial Move: Charge
    Unmounted Deck: 4x gentle 1x ready to strike 1x panic

Credit @trrst for the card art

trrst likes this.
  6. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Monster Mount
    Telepod
    Racial Move: Telepod Jaunt
    Unmounted Deck: 4x Gentle 1x Panic 1x Laser Discharge

tghy71 likes this.
  7. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Monster Mount
    Unicorn
    Racial Move: Teleport Self
    Unmounted Deck: 4x gentle 1x ready to strike 1x panic

winner likes this.
  8. trrst

trrst War Monkey

Rabbit Form
    --Jolly Farm expansion--
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Deck Size:12
    [​IMG] x3[​IMG] x3[​IMG] x2[​IMG] x2[​IMG] x2

9. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

I'm still troubled by the fact that we do not see knights among the Astral Guardians, and I feel compelled to submit a design for them.

Guardian of Bridges

Default move: Leap

Attacks:
    Knight Blast x8
    Magic arcane. 8 damage. Affects all characters exactly 2 squares away from you.
    It is not the exact chess move, but close enough in my opinion. And I wanted to keep it simple.

Knight Big Blast x1, same with 12 damage

Knight Push would not make much sense, so I'll go instead for ...
    Knight Acid x3
    Magic Acid. 3 damage. Affects all characters and squares that are exactly 2 squares away from you. Affected squares become Acid terrain (...). Duration 2.

Defense and moves:
    I thought that the Guardians of Bridges could rely on evasion rather than blocks or armors, especially since their AI should put them away from too close melee.
    Uncanny Dodge x1
    Reflexive Teleport x2
    Leap x3

Handicaps:
    Trip x2

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    tghy71, Gingrich Yurr, adajon and 2 others like this.
  10. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I'd noticed the same lack. I like your creation. For armor perhaps Crude Plates and Jump Back instead of reflexive teleport for ease of AI? Is this what they look like?
    [​IMG]
    Also needs some Ready To Strike since there's a knight in the picture

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    trrst and Maniafig like this.
  11. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

How about
    Knight Blast
    damage 8, range 8.
    This card might not target characters adjacent to you.

Harder to avoid this type of Knight Blast.

winner likes this.
  12. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

An ancient geomancer with unparalleled power over rock and stone, the legend of The Stone Mason is shrouded in myth and mystery. Some say he could raise mighty walls of rock from the ground with a single flick of his wrist. Others claim that he had the power to breathe life into the earth below him, forming powerful golems to do his bidding. With most of Cardhuntria submerged under the corruption of Countess Jovana, you have decided to seek out The Stone Mason to help you in your attempt to reclaim the land.
    After many days of travelling, you arrive at the cave in which The Stone Mason is said to inhabit. Intricate patterns are carved into the rock around the entrance, and a wide stone staircase leads down into the gloom. Gripping your weapon tighter, you cautiously proceed.
    Finally, after descending what feels like many hundreds of metres, you reach a cavern. Glancing around, you shout:
    "Stone Mason! Are you here?"
    A scraping, grinding voice from somewhere in the gloom ahead of you answers:

"Who goes there?"

"I have come to ask for your assistance in purging the corruption from the land! Will your help me?"
    The voice chuckles, a wheezing rasp that sounds like two rocks scraping together.

"If you want my help, you must first prove your worth. Defeat me, and I shall assist you!"

The Stone Mason
    25 HP
    Deck Size 19

3 Victory Points
    Default Move: Teleport Self
    -

1x Teleport Self
    2x Teleport Other
    2x Pillar Of Stone
    4x Wall Of Stone
    2x Stone Spikes
    1x Paralysing Bolt
    3x Carve Golem
    2x Hover
    2x Master Of Stone

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Carve Golem (Assist)

Play Effect: 'Spawn a Stone Golem in a random unoccupied square adjacent to Wall Terrain (max 5 Stone Golems at a time).'

Master of Stone (Boost)
    Play Effect: 'Attach this card to yourself, Duration 2. You have line of sight through Wall Terrain.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stone Golem

12 HP
    Deck Size 12

0 Victory Points
    Draw: 2
    Default Move: Walk
    -

2x Walk
    1x Shuffle
    2x Ancient Statue
    2x Clumsy
    2x Shambling Bash
    3x Strong Bash

13. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    tolkien, timeracers and Maniafig like this.
  14. PULSEFLECT

PULSEFLECT Orc Soldier

Also for an underwater expansion: CREDIT TO PULSEFIRE ABOVE.
    "OK." Aloyzo says. "I draw the line at flying sharks." As he says this, a shark narrowly misses your head.

Flight-Capable Shark
    30 HP
    Deck Size 20
    2 Victory Points
    Default Move: Fly

5x Vicious Bite
    7x Bite
    2x Hover
    2x Fly
    4x Dodge

winner likes this.
  15. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

winner likes this.
  16. PULSEFLECT

PULSEFLECT Orc Soldier

UNDERWATER AS PART OF OUR CONTINUING SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The seemingly human pirates swing on board. But as soon as the first lands, you can see something is wrong. Inside the pirates clothing lies a wet, sloshy mass of tiny plankton, shaped vaguely like a human. Each one fingers its saber, and charges!
    Pirating Planktonic Mass
    15 HP
    Deck Size 19
    1 Victory Point
    Default Move: Scuttle

3x Strong Hack
    3x Septic Bite
    2x Reaching Swing
    2x Stab
    2x Toxic Pulse
    2x Subtle Parry
    1x Daylight
    2x Steal
    2x Weakened Armor

winner likes this.
  17. PULSEFLECT

PULSEFLECT Orc Soldier

winner likes this.
  18. tghy71

tghy71 Orc Soldier

You could say "This card cannot target enemies on the same row, column, or diagonal as you." to make it act like a knight. Then again, that card would be bad. Also, since the knight can jump over anything, I think it should be able to attack through blocked terrain. Good idea though! I'll submit my take on the knight sometime tomorrow, hopefully. Thanks to everyone who kept this thread alive.

PULSEFIRE and PULSEFLECT like this.
  19. tghy71

tghy71 Orc Soldier

Guardian of Flow
    23 HP
    Deck Size 27
    2 VPs (1 as a minion)
    Default move: Knight Hop
    Draws 2 (1.5/minion)
    Deck
    3x Enchanted Mail
    2x Forward Thinking
    2x Knight Hop
    4x Leap
    5x Knight Blast
    2x Knight Big Blast
    2x Knight Charge
    1x Knight Bound
    3x Shambling Bash
    3x Fork
    New keyword: exactly. If a move has exactly, the user must move the maximum amount of squares allowed.
    • Knight Hop: Gold (9). Move exactly 2 Teleport. Set your facing at the end of this move.
    • Knight Blast: Silver- (5). 8 damage, 2 range. This card targets up to 3 opponents in range. This card cannot target characters next to you.
    • Knight Big Blast: Gold- (8). 11 damage, 2 range. Basically the same as the regular one.
    • Knight Charge: Emerald (12). Create 3 Knight Bound cards in your hand. Cantrip.
    • Knight Bound: Gold (9). Move exactly 2 Fly. At the end of your move, deal 3 crushing damage to all characters next to you. Cantrip.
    That's my take on the knight guardian. I found the Fork card and just had to use it. Anyone who plays chess a lot will understand. I also used Forward Thinking because of the image.

tolkien and trrst like this.
  20. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Nice design on the knight, Tiggy.
    I had to look up chess fork since I didn't know (and since my son plays chess competitively.)
    Perhaps the Knight Blast and Knight Big Blast could only target one character but because of fork they would target multiple characters.

winner likes this.