[Peasant] Nostalgia Bros

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Flaxative, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I commented in my other recent build thread that Peasant so far has mostly seen downgrades of popular PvP builds like 3DC and WarWarWiz. I decided to see what I could do with some archetypes that aren't viable normally. We all know how draw was nerfed recently, undoing the hegemony of priest-priest-X combo builds. I haven't seen anyone trying to bring back the draw in normal PvP, and figured I'd take it upon myself to do it in peasant. After all—if something got nerfed, maybe it wasn't nerfed too much to be good in peasant! As it turns out, the build works. I imagine it's easily disrupted by 3DC (or any amount of Winds of War, honestly), but the basic idea has worked in every match I've played. I'm 6-1 with the build. I'm open to suggestions for improvement, but also I just want to see what'll happen if folks try piloting it or running their own versions.

[​IMG]

Two identical priests built around using Altruism, Inspiration, Accelerated Thought, and Dwarven Cry to maximize team card advantage. Not much to say here, other than that the tokenless Defensiveness is greedy as hell. I haven't been punished for it yet but every game I worry that it's going to come back to bite me...

As many cycling cards as possible and then some ways to deal damage. That about sums it up. When he's got 10+ cards in hand including a Frenzy Aura, he's a sight to behold. I don't think the item choices are particularly interesting but I'm happy to discuss them if anyone has thoughts.

I'm a bit sad no one tried something like this in the tournament, but the format is so new I'm sure we'll see focused builds like this, the blow, and more crop up as the playerbase grows and the meta evolves.

FDrybob likes this.
  2. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

isn't there a limited amount to how much you can draw per round?
    other problems with your build:
    -a single well played entangling root would completely ruin your build
    -not sure you can play well against encumber either
    -fright would prevent you from playing accelerated

3. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I'm not sure why you're bumping threads as old as this, decks like these certainly still have useful tips and tricks to learn these days but CH in 2013 had a vastly different metagame than it does today, lots of things that worked then don't work as well now and many things that work well now didn't work back then, or didn't even exist.

IIRC this was before even the first expansion was out and some cards had different rules, like there not being a draw limit in MP matches. And Accel Time certainly didn't exist yet in 2013 so that didn't matter either.