League Idea - Opposition

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by BlackVoidDeath, Dec 17, 2016.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I have thought of a new league, the concept being that the two players start on opposite ends of the board, standing on eachother's victory squares.
    The target is 1 victory point, but you do not get victory points from killing the opposition's characters, only the victory square.
    There is also a respawn period, where every character respawns every other round.

League Opp1.jpg

Any feedback or suggestions are appreciated. I am mostly looking for balance or gameplay, map structure and league title/name suggestions.

Attached Files:

Dark Brightness and uhlik like this.
  2. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

this looks like the kind of league Bless-Volcano users would adore

3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Need to add something to remove the ease of playing a deck with the only goal being to simply timeout opponents.

4. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Higher time limit? I mean thats the only thing that comes to mind.

5. uhlik

uhlik Orc Soldier

It feels like some kind of "capture the flag" mode. So what about something like a "Hammer banner".
    The idea sounds interesting, but I am not sure whether it would be fun to play it. I guess it would have a similar feeling like an Oozeball league (lots of teleports a pushing arround).
    But I may be wrong. Almost killing the enemy (leaving him with only a few HP so you can finish him anytime) could be a valid strategy as well.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  6. melkor_unlimited

melkor_unlimited Orc Soldier

Idea of CTF is not new here.
    I created a board with one "general" VP at center and "team VP" at opponents side.

CTF.JPG

Attached Files: