Game freezing question

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rainingrecon, Dec 12, 2016.

1. So I've taken an extended break from the game and want to get back into CH. I've noticed that the game seems to freeze after the enemy completes a turn, which apparently is fixed by refreshing the game page (playing from browser). I can tolerate it if I didn't have to do this multiple times in one MP match.

So the questions I have concerning this are

1. Is anyone else having this issue with this type of frequency?
    2. Are there any known fixes to this?

(Not sure which section of the forums to post this under, so I'll try here first. If this is better in another section, please move it)

Macizo and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Yesterday after reset I was co-oping to get the LootFairy and I had to reset about 15 times for various reasons, most being like you said the game freezes at certain points - before the AI's turn, after and even while attempting to play a card myself. Other issues included the inability to type anything into the chat box, a blank friends list and the game even kicking me out saying that "My internet connection has gone down" as it still plays the firestorm card in the background.
    This does not usually happen, and I do not know the cause.
    @Founder @Scarponi

3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Sounds like the server is having issues.

4. Duffy

Duffy Mushroom Warrior

I only ever remember this happening once to me before today. But today it happened to me like 5 or 6 times in one QD match, with the final relog not allowing me to reconnect to game.

5. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

FinalCheetah likes this.
  6. It's definitely related and it's still happening as of the time of this post. I'm SO happy it's not just me though. I seriously thought it was just me when people told me they were not lagging yesterday.

7. BlackVoidDeath

I am just glad this did not happen to me while playing ranked.
    Also, I am still having issues - I cant even log in anymore "Connection failed. The server or your internet connection may be down. Please refresh the page and try to login again.".
    Edit: nevermind, after trying to reset and refresh a total of 23 times, the game finally loaded, though I am not sure if the freeze problem is fixed.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  8. Still going on now, during a league match (so I don't mind as much), but still annoying to deal with.

9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I had an opponent dealing with it earlier today as well.

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Hasn't affected me, but my league opponent just resigned after disconnecting 3 times due to freezing.

I had problems with lag in Firefox a couple weeks ago, and have been using Steam since then.

EDIT: Player having problems was Gento, Oozeball QD, Dec 13 at 20.25 UTC

11. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

If this is happening to you, can you please report to the best of your knowledge:
    • When the problem happened (especially when it first started).
    • Which client you are using (Steam or web browser and, if web browser, what browser you are using).
    • If the problem is consistent or whether it comes and goes.
    You can reply here or email support@cardhunter.com.

12. Jon

If you can report a specific game where you saw this happening (i.e. time it happened, who you were playing), I can check the logs to see if we can detect anything.

Also, please check your game console (press F1) to see if you can see any errors being reported there. If you're playing on the Steam client, you can also check the log file:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/293260/discussions/1/541907867772453060/

13. Wij

Wij Kobold

I sent support an email at about 10:40 cst regarding my frozen ranked match earlier today. Should I expect a response or acknowledgement of some kind that my report was received?

14. Jon

If you experience this problem and are using Chrome to play the game, I highly recommend that you either try a different browser (e.g. Safari, Firefox or Edge) or the Steam client (http://store.steampowered.com/app/293260/).

If this helps (or doesn't), please report your experience.

15. Jon

Yes, we'll reply shortly, but the best advice is in this thread - i.e. please try the above.

16. BlackVoidDeath

I am using Chrome, playing at game.cardhunter.com
    The first time I experienced a freeze was 22 hours ago, right after reset I started co-op with Scarponi at The White Diamond to get the LootFairy. When we started the battle I experienced a bit of lag but a while later the freezing began - I restarted approx. 5 times throughout the first map, this continued through the second one but Scarponi had to leave so we never finished.
    I am still experiencing lots of lag and three freezes when attempting to do the co-op again a few hours ago. I have not tested Ranked or Leagues.
    Also for the past day, every time I leave my account logged in and come back it always says that my internet connection is down and I have to restart the tab - refreshing takes over 5 mins to load (I never waiting longer than 5 mins) and instead just close the tab and re-open it. This loads CardHunter in the usual 2 mins.

Wij likes this.
  17. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Had a QD Oozeball game I was playing around 21:20 UTC (approximately) against DupleX. It was fine for me, but DupleX had to disconnect and reconnect many times. My log attached.

Attached Files:

18. Jon

Here's something else useful you could do if you see this problem in Chrome. Bring up the developer tools (in Chrome, click the the vertical dots button in the top right to bring up the menu, select "More tools" then "Developer tools") and then select the Console. Note any errors related to your Card Hunter session.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  19. From the Chrome console:

card-hunter:1 Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: The play() request was interrupted by a call to pause().
    sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:368 GET http://www.kongregate.com/game_ratings.json?game_id=223360 404 (Not Found)send @ sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:368ajax @ sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:363g.(anonymous function) @ sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:354getJSON @ sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:363_create @ sitewide_async_javascripts-f4d24c9….js:357(anonymous function) @ sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:387_createWidget @ sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:391a.(anonymous function).(anonymous function) @ sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:386(anonymous function) @ sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:390each @ sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:229each @ sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:222a.fn.(anonymous function) @ sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:390Kongregate.lightUpRatingUnits @ sitewide_async_javascripts-f4d24c9….js:360(anonymous function) @ VM1350:4(anonymous function) @ sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:31(anonymous function) @ sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:38(anonymous function) @ sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:39each @ sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:39c @ sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:38evalScripts @ sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:31(anonymous function) @ sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:22(anonymous function) @ sitewide_javascripts-a8873d7….js:22
    kong.htm:1 Refused to execute script from 'https://wallet.google.com/inapp/lib/buy.js' because its MIME type ('text/html') is not executable, and strict MIME type checking is enabled.
    cardhunter_googlewallet.js:1 Loading client version 3.171.0
    cardhunter_googlewallet.js:1 Flash vars = {"kongregate_username":"FinalCheetah","kongregate_user_id":"3352539","kongregate_game_auth_token":"7fa138d6aa077967754bdde781365759f16306011f4dc3ed3ea953907da04825","kongregate_game_id":"223360","kongregate_host":"http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kongregate.com","kongregate_game_url":"http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kongregate.com%2Fgames%2FBlueManchu%2Fcard-hunter","kongregate_api_host":"http%3A%2F%2Fapi.kongregate.com","kongregate_channel_id":"4a4ede5a-5ee0-413f-b3ac-859d6c647fc6","kongregate_api_path":"http%3A%2F%2Fchat.kongregate.com%2Fflash%2FAPI_AS3_50389b6889c41266be0da36f34325d42.swf","kongregate_ansible_path":"%2F%2Fchat.kongregate.com%2Fflash%2Fansible_e246c43f381c9764cfbecf4edf64114c.swf","kongregate_preview":"false","kongregate_game_version":"1418680424","kongregate_language":"en","kongregate_split_treatments":"none","kongregate":"true","kongregate_svid":"8507b4e4c4c51ff6dd6dd060f6d895430a763dbf"}
    vce_st.js:1 GET http://live.cardhunter.com/bootstrap.cfg?v=3.171.0.12002 403 (Forbidden)

Game log:
    http://pastebin.com/xfe8qFmL

Still happening to me, using Chrome and Kongregate.

First started yesterday when I posted that other thread.

Problem is consistent, all cards played in MP have a bit of lag to them before they're played, sometimes cards will just freeze altogether. Usually need five refreshes to get through a match. I can still chat while game is frozen and and I get a inactivity popup which I can click. Refreshing sometimes causes a whole manner of bugs, such as it saying I'm defeated after playing a card. (No timeout)

20. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

I got this in my in-game console when I freeze
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Semi Final,Room=CARD (DupleX),RoomID=370258,Msg=The active player is now DupleX
    BATTLE LOG: Player=DupleX,Scenario=Semi Final,Room=CARD (DupleX),RoomID=370258,Event=PlayAction,Action=Pulverizing Hack,Instigator=[SRC] Lindy Hop,Targets=Melbrog
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Semi Final,Room=CARD (DupleX),RoomID=370258,Msg=Melbrog took 16 damage
    BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=Semi Final,Room=CARD (DupleX),RoomID=370258,Msg=Command::instruct Unhandled Instruction:
    (bool) IIU: false
    (utf_string) type: noMoreTraits

BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=Semi Final,Room=CARD (DupleX),RoomID=370258,Msg=Command::instruct current command queue:
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::CheckForTriggerCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::FinishActionCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::IncrementActivePlayerCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::CheckForTraitsCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::StartScoringPhaseCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::StartDiscardPhaseCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::EndTurnCommand

BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=Semi Final,Room=CARD (DupleX),RoomID=370258,Msg=Battle::run failed due to command error.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Semi Final,Room=CARD (DupleX),RoomID=370258,Msg=Received invalid instruction on command com.cardhunter.battle.commands::CheckForTriggerCommand: forced defeat
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Semi Final,Room=CARD (DupleX),RoomID=370258,Msg=DupleX was defeated
    BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=Semi Final,Room=CARD (DupleX),RoomID=370258,Msg=Command::instruct Unhandled Instruction:
    (int) ACTC: 2
    (sfs_object) HP:
    (sfs_array) peeks:
    (sfs_object)
    (utf_string) type: Walk
    (bool) logOnClient: false
    (int) card: 2
    (int) owner: 1
    (utf_string) origin: Dwarf
    (int) cownerp: -1
    (int) cownerg: -1
    (int) group: 0

(int) INST: 0
    (int) IUID: -1
    (int) ACTG: 0
    (utf_string) type: action

BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=Semi Final,Room=CARD (DupleX),RoomID=370258,Msg=Command::instruct current command queue:
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::GameOverPhaseCommand

EDIT: happened again with a similar message
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Treasury,Room=STAF (DupleX),RoomID=370693,Msg=The active player is now DupleX
    BATTLE LOG: Player=DupleX,Scenario=Stafford Treasury,Room=STAF (DupleX),RoomID=370693,Event=PlayAction,Action=Powerful Spark,Instigator=Urist McMagician,Targets=Lord Stafford
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Treasury,Room=STAF (DupleX),RoomID=370693,Msg=Lord Stafford took 3 damage
    BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=Stafford Treasury,Room=STAF (DupleX),RoomID=370693,Msg=Command::instruct Unhandled Instruction:
    (sfs_object) HP:
    (sfs_array) peeks:
    (sfs_object)
    (int) cownerp: 1
    (bool) logOnClient: false
    (utf_string) origin: Lord Stafford
    (int) card: 0
    (int) cownerg: 2
    (int) owner: 1
    (int) group: 2
    (utf_string) type: Team Shift

(utf_string) type: handPeeks

BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=Stafford Treasury,Room=STAF (DupleX),RoomID=370693,Msg=Command::instruct current command queue:
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::CheckForTriggerCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::FinaliseDeathCommand

BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=Stafford Treasury,Room=STAF (DupleX),RoomID=370693,Msg=Battle::run failed due to command error.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Treasury,Room=STAF (DupleX),RoomID=370693,Msg=Received invalid instruction on command com.cardhunter.battle.commands::CheckForTriggerCommand: forced defeat
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Treasury,Room=STAF (DupleX),RoomID=370693,Msg=DupleX was defeated
    BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=Stafford Treasury,Room=STAF (DupleX),RoomID=370693,Msg=Command::instruct Unhandled Instruction:
    (utf_string) type: handPeeksSent

BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=Stafford Treasury,Room=STAF (DupleX),RoomID=370693,Msg=Command::instruct current command queue:
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::FinaliseDeathCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::GameOverPhaseCommand

BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=Stafford Treasury,Room=STAF (DupleX),RoomID=370693,Msg=Battle::run failed due to command error.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Stafford Treasury,Room=STAF (DupleX),RoomID=370693,Msg=Received invalid instruction on command com.cardhunter.battle.commands::FinaliseDeathCommand: forced defeat