Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Oh wait...maybe I'm still tripping on my days of Scooby Doo snacks and Super Mario eating mushrooms to grow :cool: OK Card Hunter is still safe to take even if the wizards are on acid trips!

2. Was hoping Turn Spamming Clerics ( vamps and heal bombs ) would see a bit of a power reduction after the expansion but sounds like that might not be the case. :( And Step Warriors being better, will kind of nerf acid mages abit.

For once it doesn't matter as much to me since dropping acid ( terrains ) makes everything better!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  3. On a side note, other than the drop down filter for searching for expansion items in your inventory is there any new inventory search parameters being added with the new gear and expansion?

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

No, sorry.

5. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

..fixed?

wereviper and seth arue like this.
  6. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

8. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

I'm about to head to work, so no time for pretty pies. Just some stats about previous AA winners, you might find interesting when voting for AA 15 polls.

[​IMG]

10. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Technically Hula Hoop should have been epic, no?
    Since it ended up legendary due to a quirk in the process and not due to staff plans to make it such, it should likely be considered as epic in your stats. ^.^

timeracers likes this.
  11. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Don't remind me... :C

12. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

@Flaxative: so, assuming you're not going with my 'fancy hat contest' idea (which you totally should, mind you), may we assume that this month is going to be another winter-themed Aloyzo, to match up with a late-month holiday store opening, like last year?

And as to that, wouldn't you say that winter is best characterized by ice and snow and sleet and frost?
    So, what better way to celebrate the holidays than items based in icy endeavors, snowy surprises, frozen terrain, and frosting all around?
    Yes, surely, that's the best way to celebrate.

..so, I imagine items with any of the characteristics I just mentioned would all be appropriate for a winter holiday contest, yes?
    Fear not, I shall be adequately prepared to address such contest demands in a suitable fashion. ;)

wereviper likes this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Can we have an official list of who is actually fighting against Jovana rather than with?

(And it seems a few chars changed sides part way through the fight...)

Good:
    Yvette (Howl)
    Blackglass Flagellants (Inquisitor's Strike)
    Svitlana, Warden of the Silver Forest (Monstrous Hide)
    Quartermaster Sven (Shifting Block)
    Captain Teadora
    Captain Cedric
    silversmiths
    Grimsong
    Iryna
    Snitrick
    St. Gennyf
    Talissa
    Xemu

Bad:
    Lord Makhail (Ancient Grudge) uncle to King Osirius
    Countess Jovana
    Count Yurik (Daylight)
    St. Hedvig the black
    Andrei
    Angry Jack?
    Bimson?
    Chiro
    Crazy Sal
    drow
    Ilinca
    Mileta?
    Old Snarly
    Prillith
    St. Banesh?
    Vasyl
    Volkov
    Vollmond
    Wym

Unknown:
    Stanter Callman (Boo!)
    Chask
    Olga
    St. Elar

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Nice list Kalin. Keep in mind that valid characters for this contest include characters not features in Castle Mitternacht, so Kerrick, Akon, etc. are all on the table.

16. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

17. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I hope my Citadel submission counts.

Bonus points to the person guessing which event from 2016 is referenced in my "Protein pills" submission. It's an obscure reference, but a reference nevertheless.

18. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

19. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

For the latest contest, I submitted an item that includes Shifting Block, a card that normally isn't in a weapon's area, but since my weapon is themed around Quartermaster Sven, and it was the only one with flavor text matching the criteria. Is this normally ok?

20. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

You are allowed to do whatever you want as long as you follow the one monthly restriction, but the chances (not random though) of yours getting picked will depend on the cards, name, and slot of the item.