Powerful new cards

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by karadoc, Oct 30, 2016.

1. hello world

hello world Hydra

I actually have final sword and captain cedric vow, but the one I really want is talissa's trident.

2. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

As an epic weapon, it shouldn't be too hard for you to stumble upon it eventually. (try farming EttSC adventures, that's how I found my first Talissa's Trident)

Has anyone any opinions about The Inquisition?

3. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

4. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Where I see it becoming useful is with the rise of armour with the CM expansion because sundering options are limited on fighters - I count 12 weapon types in my keep right now, and a couple are junk like Marblehilt. But you're putting your eggs into one basket with so much silver damage, especially when Inquisitor's Badge is so cheap and is going to be carried as insurance with so much walpurgis and other form cards used offensively. Example - I'm toying with a build that zombie forms the opponent and then hits them with silver and punishing bolts.

I'd want to see the rest of the CM sunder weapons before I made my mind up on it, but it's pretty nice, and those inquisitor's strikes are going to do colossal damage to form shifted opponents and those running creature of the night as a 'cheap' cycling drawback.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

As someone who went nearly broke to get Final, I have to agree.
    I personally like the Lunge, but agree that Wounded is a bad card.

[digression]Untrained Lycanthropy makes me want to try to build a tokenless Cult of Bejeweled.[/digression]

6. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Since people started talking about items they liked, just wanted to say that I am delighted humans finally get a tokenless double trait skill in Subtle Positioning.

7. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

For someone who only plays SP and has elves as wizards, I immediately fell in love with Drow Rapidity; Fleet is an amazing trait and makes using Firestorm and Flash Of Agony less punishing. Also having all your movement as Free Movement is just icing on the cake.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  8. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

My heel turn elven warriors are big fans of Drow Rapidity, Talissa's Trident, and Captain Cedric's Vow. Along with some other CM items.

9. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

That's an inappropriate approach to use. Card Hunter likes throwing out the occasional single item with quirky effects that don't follow the usual rules. Rook, the only item with Battleaxe Block, and Kolt 45, the only arcane trinket with ember burst, are two of those items. Just because Kolt has ember burst doesn't mean ember burst is a consideration for any other arcane trinket, and likewise, battleaxe block can't be used for determining shield values.

So no, Block is the appropriate point of comparison, rather than Battleaxe Block. :)

10. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

Not exaclty about a new card, just another SP commercial based on a true story.

Once upon a time on his first campaign run... Nordhri the dwarf warrior met some oversized chess pieces, which he promptly hacked into even smaller pieces. Since then he has longed for an Enchanted Mail, for no mortal armor can compare. After some looting he found himself a Deathcurse Mail; "Awesome!" he thought, until Superstitious left him naked and surrounded by ogres, something that with time became an hilarious campfire tale. He then went on a quest to find the fabled Ogre Plate, but the damned armor is still missing (alongs a few more epics) and who wants Shimmering Aura on melee maps anyway.

Finally here, from the depths of Castle Mitternacht... the Haunted Mail! Minor token! The only Emerald Armor card in the game! An harmless trait (so far) in SP! And a Crafted Mail which is always nice to have. Pair it up with Enchanted Harness for maximum effect, preferably from the new Angry Jack's Boots or Howling Hood. Because true warriors scoff armors which don't require dice rolls. Only available in white & purple, keep an eye on your nearest Goblin Bazaar.

Really, I'm using this whenever possible.

11. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

Enchanted Mail is pretty good for style points. I too use to go out of my way to use that card, because it seems cool.

I find it harder to justify using these days though. I think the power-player in me has corrupted the beauty of the card with analysis and comparisons...

ParodyKnaveBob and Rohndil like this.
  12. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

13. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

14. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

15. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

Bump in the Night is great item but other two you mentioned are not. This is more of a question how good this card really is: Ancient_Grudge

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

17. hello world

hello world Hydra

Main issue is that once you draw ethereal form you won't get new cards to discard for a couple of turns. I think I would prefer Battery if I was using a deck that likes grudge.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  18. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

i Just compared the boots with 3x investigate to the boot with 3x dash: investigate cost 3 level and boots are level 9.. dashing boots is level 12 since dash cost 4 level....but investigate should cost 1 more so the boots should be level 15 :) or maybe also dash should cost 3 level making these boots level 9

19. Inquisitor's strike is also very good against old-style priestly buff builds, with their near-constant Mass Frenzy, Talented Healer, and Martyr's Blessing.

20. Ector

Ector Hydra

Thanks for the great idea! I've bought my second Haunted Mail today.
    I've also bought my first Captain's Gumshoes which I believe is one of the most powerful dwarven boots for a blue token. Two cards with move 4 + great additional bonuses, and one permanent mover.