What is the shortest method to get most gold pieces (gp)

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by ClimbHigh, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Cross-posted here as relevant to this thread.

2. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Yeah, I had (have, but I'm not farming SP anymore) and Excel sheet with time needed for every level, level drop %s and a weight I can assign manually that shows how much I want drops of that level.
    It tells me which adventures I should farm.

Used to farm for so many long hours for VP. Didn't get one. And then NS got nerfed. And then The Daily Deal shop arrived and VP with it.

3. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

What do you guys farm for gold today? (if you do at all)

I farmed a lot this week to buy a legendary and alternated between:
    - first map of Lair of the Trog Wizard (three dwarf wizards level 1 with firestorm)
    - first map of Forest of Souls (same)
    - first map of Mauve Manticore #5 (Melvin escape puzzle)

Due to using the renown value for loot, Mauve Manticore #5 is also a good place to farm Citadel items.

4. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

Last time I tried my hand at farming (to get the most out of the last days of a Club Membership) I quickly burned out and as a result I took some months off the game, so I don't really do it anymore. Between co-op Fairy/Bandit hunts, leveling up my main characters to 24 (because reasons) and overall poor Randimars I'm now sitting on 24k gold without any real effort.

First map of Tomb of Tvericus could be a nice place to let Flash Of Agony shine once again, though I'm not sure about the treasure drops.

5. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

I farm a lot at the first maps of Against the Cockroaches and Tomb of Tvericus with triple dwarf wizards using Staff of the Misanthrope and as much cycling as possible in the other slots. The yields for gold aren't as plentiful since it is a bit slower, particularly Tvericus, but the loot is a lot better. Gotten around 10 legendaries in about 20 hours so far, highlights include Troll's Ire and 2 Tarnished Crowns.

You can also try Rescue from Shieldhaven, farm the first three maps with a Firestorm team but don't do the last map. It is rather fast but I'm not fond of it since it hasn't yielded any legendary in 3 hours.

Yes, my main purpose of farming is to get legendaries, gold is a side bonus.

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

If you're specifically looking for CM items, I made this chart showing which levels have the most:

leveldist.png

Sir Veza, Nosgoup, Melancthon and 5 others like this.
  7. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

Cockroaches and Tvericus sound good, unfortunately I only have one Staff of the Misanthrope so far. Gotta farm more of the 2-5 levels I guess.

8. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Yep, you can use higher level dwarf wizards with Staff of Pain or Painful Flashstaff first while waiting for your Staff of the Misanthropes, which was what I did before I dropped my 3rd.

Sir Veza likes this.