I'm Here About the Job

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Kalin, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I thought I suggested this before, but I can't find anything on the forums.

Can we change I'm Here About The Job to add the line "If you play a melee attack, discard this."? Then we can remove the discard part of Backstab and Hear Them Out will become far less annoying when created by radiation.

WexMajor, tolkien, trrst and 3 others like this.
  2. Excellent suggestion. This would make hear them out much less of an insta-lose in ETTSC. The other benefit is that Backstab can be made a Rogue card if and when rogues are added, without being a weird purge thing.

3. Pyrious

Pyrious Hydra

This would be great for balancing SP rad spiders and MP rad cards, and it makes sense thematically, so I'm for it.

4. MP rad cards don't actually grant Hear them out, as player accessible radiation only makes attachable debuffs rather than putting them in the hand.

5. Pyrious

Pyrious Hydra

Oh, I must have been thinking Gengineering. ;p

Potato Priest likes this.
  6. I wish they did create cards in the hand though. It would make an already chaotic strategy even more amusingly chaotic, with massive chops and forced rotates everywhere.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I would have loved for this to be how it works. You've correctly identified a minor pain point in the AI designs. Basically the current functionality was much easier to implement. Maybe someday :)

8. Rehtael

Rehtael Kobold

I've been getting slammed by this card at the worst time due to Citadel cards. Like when I've been struggling in The Mouth, and I'm finally making progress, then suddenly my priest and two mages are now trapped in pacifism mode while the the Rumblers can still hit me for 2-12 damage because they're not targeting me.

9. hello world

hello world Hydra

This and walpurgis are an absolute nightmare for the 1 hp quests, I don't think we need a new card that can be disastrous no matter what party gets it in the next expansion

10. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

What if I'm Here About The Job was a boost card that you kept in your hand instead?
    You can't be targeted and you can't play magic or projectile cards. Frenzy 0.
    (Note, since it doesn't have the Keep keyword, it would be discarded as soon as a melee attack is used.)

Hear Them Out would become Trait. Create an "I'm Here About the Job" card in each enemies hand.

Backstab could lose the attachments text this way.

This solution kind of solves one problem and creates another. But it is my attempt to solve the problem.

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The "can't be targeted" would be hard to implement, especially if the card hasn't been revealed yet.

12. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

13. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Ah, but it appears you can achieve this effect! Hm? $:^ ] Modifying this idea:

What if the attachment, I'm Here About The Job, were changed to grant Melee Frenzy 0 (no Keep)? (EDIT: Of course, since the intention also seems to be to prevent Orc Assassins from lobbing poisoned darts in lieu of backstabbing-only for hilarious thematic reasons, I suppose it really only needs Frenzy 0 with the line, you can't play Magic or Projectile cards.)

tolkien likes this.
  14. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

I've given up on trying to complete cavern of chaos, because "hear them out" is often an automatic defeat.
    And you get it. A lot.

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Maybe they could change Hear Them Out to a black quality Utility?