Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Ok, new stuff, new decisions. I have about 8000 gold, so enough for two of these (I like to keep enough for a legendary on-hand at all times. Still looking for that second Troll's Ire).

Relic Of The First Vampire I haven't played vamps seriously in ranked in a long time, but this looks like a serious upgrade from Glasod's Dark Skull

Snarlcub Hide Probably the one I'm most interested in, but is it enough of an upgrade from Perilous Ringmail to be worth the cost?

Snitrick's Last Stand Would be my first source of Vengeance, and a pretty good one at that. It's screaming to be paired up with some AoA too. But the two blocks on a double-major weapon give me a bit of pause.

After typing this out, I feel like it's really down to Snarlcub and Snitrick's since I'm inclined to run warriors. I could totally be talked into Swarm of Bats though, since the Relic would be decent even on a non-vamp. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome!

2. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

I like blocks on my weapons, and though I'm not a fan of Wounded, Parry is a plus IMO.

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

For Vengeance, I suggest you wait for something better like Final Sword, Captain Cedric's Vow, or Talissa's Trident. And Swarm seems to work best for wizards, but Snarlcub looks really great.

4. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Thanks Kalin, think you are right. Snarlcub it is then.

Though I still have a few days too mull over Snitrick's....

5. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

6. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

If the hand-revealing aspect appeals to you, then by all means go ahead and buy it. Total damage isn't too bad either.

7. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

The game is messing around with me. I'm at <100 gold at the moment, and now a Final Sword appears in my Randimar's. This had to happen, right? :rolleyes:

The full list:
    Chalchu's Hammer - found two already, don't really use them
    Final Sword - worth making an effort for, I'd say
    Focused Rapidity - looks very nice, if only I had the money
    God's Rage - nice name, but underwhelming
    Granwick's Shield - good for tokenless, expensive
    Hand-held Ram - meh
    Hawlic's Glowing Shirt - have one, don't use it
    Kelvim's Buckler - meh
    Mokad's Reeking Skull - nice, but expensive
    Robes Of Avak Seth - too expensive

TL;DR: If you want a good item in your Randimar's, spend all gold on Saturday.

8. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Is Final Sword good when you already have 2 Tridents?

9. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

Well - I don't. :oops:

10. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

11. Ector

Ector Hydra

I didn't buy it last week, since there are two bad cards out of six (and Parry isn't one of them). I really hate having weak cards in my deck, especially if they aren't Traits, and I can't replace them easily.
    IMHO, Talissa's Trident is better than the Last Stand: only one weak card there, and a lot of step attacks.

12. Ector

Ector Hydra

If you can buy Final Sword, just do it :)

13. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

Seconded. I don't normally use AoA but for that I'd load up on truestrike blessings and go to town.

14. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

Sometimes there is a happy ending: Did a lot of farming this week and got a legendary treasure from the loot fairy. Bought the Final Sword today. :cool:

I'm back at almost 0 gold now. I wonder what the shops will have tomorrow. :eek:

Gingrich Yurr and karadoc like this.
  15. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

16. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

I'm not a fan of vampire's kiss

17. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

18. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Some good stuff in Randimar's this week.

Asmod's Telekinetic Chain and Dark Drewg's Mace which are pretty much must buys, right?

There is also Wym's Spiteful Bucket which I am not sure about. I've heard people say good things about Ancient Grudge but I have not tried it out myself. Lava Pool is obviously good. Any thoughts?

19. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I'd certainly recommend Asmod's if you don't already have it. I wouldn't call Drewg's a 'must buy' though.

I can't say much about Ancient Grudge, because I haven't given it a serious go yet; but my impression is that its super-powerful if you build around it; and still tolerable if you don't. -- That's for MP at least. In SP it's near useless for most missions; but you could probably do something useful with it against the frost dragon or something...

---

For me, the only item I'm tempted to buy is Vampire Knight's Greaves. There are a few other decent looking things: Bloodshield Of Xoc, Heartripper, and Chiro's Cursed Amulet. ... But I think I'd be more likely to use vampire greaves than those other things.

Gingrich Yurr likes this.
  20. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

Ancient Grudge is not so good if opponent in MP is able to kill you in 4 turn or to get 6 star in 6 turn. And if you are going to stall aroun opponent can understand that you are stalling to use grudge and change his strategy according. Of course is very strong if you are luck with pathfinder :) And of course you will not find so many other good item with lava pool and lava pool can punish opponent that are going to get 6 star in 6 turn. So it is an almost balanced item talking about tactics :)

Tyro and Gingrich Yurr like this.