Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

This time Randimar is offering me Crazy Sal's stuff, both Crazy Sal's Creepers and Crazy Sal's Halberd. Another item of note is Silver Lightning.

I have about 20,000 gold right now, and will almost certainly be buying the Halberd, but I would like to hear people's thoughts on these items.

@Kalin, that sword looks great

@karadoc, I would pass on Ferocity if you already have Raging Battler unless you really want that Violent Spin and have a token to spare.

2. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

3. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

4. smirnfil

smirnfil Kobold

I liked Crazy Sal's Creepers on test very much. Prowl is awesome on any melee character and all you need is one minor token. Overbuffing could be a problem, but this is a lot of damage from boots. If you often play melee and want to experiment - buy them.

Gingrich Yurr likes this.
  5. hello world

hello world Hydra

Ferocity is cool for dwarf priests that are willing to enter combat if they need to, not sure of what else wants it.

Impentrable hide moght be a little to close to bern reliable mail? I dunno, it doesn't look that exciting.

6. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

7. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

Bern? I have a Clovidian's, I guess this isn't much better and uses a major

8. Gingrich Yurr

I think he meant Rolf's Reliable Platemail.

9. Tyro

Tyro Mushroom Warrior

Probably. In any case I looked at similar options and decided hello world was right.

10. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Vampire Knight's Greaves
    - Only way for a warrior to have Swarm Of Bats in their deck, but like you said, it's expensive both money- and tokenwise.

Vasyl's Ectoplasmic Raiments
    - I don't know what spirit cards are, but this seems to be the best item, when it comes to Medium's Garb.

Corrosive Ethereality
    - Advanced Corrosion seems better to me and it's only uncommon.

Coven Raiments
    - You make an excellent point with leveling the playing field. Still, I'd probably get my Walpurgis Night from other sources. (e.g. Coven Lance, Perfect Corruption)

Howling Pain
    - Is it that much better than Lochaber Axe?

Radiant Goblet
    - I can imagine a priest with Daylights and Radiation Bombs wreaking havoc.[/item]

11. Gingrich Yurr

How so? You would have to be pretty lucky to make the enemy get Zombie Form from the Radiation Bomb. I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something here.

12. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

That's what I'm imagining. Perhaps Coven Lance (or two) with Radiant Goblet would be more plausible.

13. degensquared

degensquared War Monkey

I didn't participate in the playtest due to time constraints so I'm only now beginning to take a look at the Mitternacht content. Would be appreciative if someone could let me know their opinion on what if any of the following items are worth buying:

- Count Yurik's Teeth
    - Focused Vampirism
    - Aegis Of The Bat
    - Howling Lycanthropy

I could afford all of them, but are any must haves? Thanks in advance!

14. Gingrich Yurr

Thanks for your thoughts. Originally I wasn't too sure about these boots, but the more I thought about them, the more I liked them. There are movement cards that punish you for getting close to an enemy (Dangerous Maneuver), cards that reward you for not getting close to an enemy (Flanking Move), cards that reward you from starting beside an enemy (Escaping Run), but no cards that reward you for getting closer to an enemy (other than Charge cards), which is what melee characters want, like you said. Prowl is that card. Also it is extremely unique, no other boots have more than one copy of the card. I have decided to get this and the halberd too.

Edit: Just used both in a ranked match, was very impressed by Prowl. I didn't realise it was Free Move, and allowed me to make some swift escapes. It also let me hunt down a wizard on Round 1, very versatile card.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    Melancthon likes this.
  15. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

Nothing really good amongst Mitternacht items this week, but I finally got Blue Destruction.

16. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

18. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  19. black_wolf

black_wolf Kobold

I don't think CM items worth the money since there are op cards that will be nerfed in the future..

20. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

There are some flaws in your reasoning.

Maniafig and Lucky Dice like this.