Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

@Kalin, I think that would be a very intresting idea

@tolkien, dwarfs handing the hot potato back and forth sounds like cruelty to me throwing something around they can relate to: short and hot

Potato Priest likes this.
  2. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

@Fanturluche I can see this being another intresting variation!

@Potato Priest, I love the art work you did!

3. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Here's one for our fearless leader, @Flaxative!

Flaxative's Leadership Flag
    Weapon
    5 Slashing Damage +2 armor
    Roll a die. If you roll a 3 or higher, you and your allies within 4 squares draw 2 cards. +4 Armor roll.

4. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Somethings maybe for our new expansion:

Vampire's Gaze (may only be used in Vampire form)
    Unholy Magic
    Range 2
    Target enemy rolls a die. If roll 3 or lower, Stun. Duration 1. If roll 4 or higher, immedately discard this card.

Zombie Curse
    Arcane Magic
    Range 2
    Target enemy rolls a die. If roll 3 or lower, create a random Zombie card to enemy hand then enemy discards 1 card. If 4 or higher, immedately discard this card.

Howl At The Moon (May only be used in Werewolf Form)
    Boost
    Range 3.
    Every one within 3 squares roll a die. If 3 or lower, discard one card from their hand. If 4 or higher, create a random attack card in their hand.

5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I take the potato and make the corresponding csv entry for it and then pass it on to be itemized.
    816, Twice Baked Potato,Twice Potato,Assist,Projectile,Sonic,,,6,,,,,,,,,Target an ally, Select a card and give that card to target. <u>Heal 2</u> target ally.,,<aia> *Passes* <ata> a twice baked potato!,,,,,,,,,TargetActorComponent,alliesOnly;disallowInstigatorTarget,TransferSelectedCardComponent,dontReveal,HealComponent,healAmount=2,,,,,,-,A,A,A,A,A,A,B,Rare,Helpful,,Implemented,Holy,,0,6,"Human Skill",Done,,,,,,,

6. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

The Bard's Song
    Boost
    Range 4
    All allies within 4 squares draw 2 cards. Also, all allies have a random buff attached.

Beauty and the Beast
    Assist/Handicap
    Range 3
    Target heals +3 then discards 1 random card from their hand. Inflict 1 Slashing damage for discarded card. Unblockable.

Here's a couple ideas for Christmas themed cards;

Bad Santa
    Assist
    Range 5
    Every character within 5 squares draws 3 cards then discards their oldest card.

Snowball's Chance In Hell
    Debuff
    Range 4
    Target has -2 to Block and Armor rolls. Duration 1.

7. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

More Christmas ideas off the top of my head:

Santa's Little Helper (opposite of Blight's effect)
    Trait
    Duration 3
    At the start of each round, create and attach a random Boost card to each adjacent ally.

Avalanche
    Magic
    Damage 5
    Range 7
    Burst 3. Affected squares become Difficult Terrain (Stop). All characters in those squares take 6 Cold damage. Duration 2.

8. Krunail

Krunail Kobold

Does it deal 5 or 6 damage?

9. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

Name: Curse of the Night
    Quality: Silver?
    Rarity: Rare?
    Color Class: Attack
    Attack Type: Magic
    Damage Type: Unholy
    Play effect 1: Create and attach a Creature_of_the Night card to target.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  10. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Afterimage

Type boost
    If you have moved this turn, this card gains: Block any 5+ Keep

11. Do you mean that snow terrain deals 6 cold damage at the end of the round? I'd reduce this to somewhere between 2-4 if that's what you mean, as this card would otherwise be Damage 11, burst 3, create loads of difficult terrain, which is pretty ridiculous.

12. I'd never ever use this on allies. That unblockable discard is really good.

wereviper likes this.
  13. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@wereviper you might want to notice how expensive 'quality-wise' it is to draw cards. Cf. the emerald quality Inspirational Thinking or the gold quality Inspiring Presence that has everyone draw a card. Card draw is always a super powerful element of these games. So much so that it was one of the first things to be nerfed. We used to be able to draw infinitely but now we're relegated to ten per turn. An interesting little experiment for you would be to see how frequently you can hit that red 0 mark per turn. I think you might happen upon a good build in the process. Thanks for your ideas and keeping the thread going.

wereviper likes this.
  14. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Name: Rally (or Holy Huddle, or Attack Formation, or Coordinated Tactics)
    Type: Boost
    Quality: Silver
    Slot: Divine Skill
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Duration 3.

[​IMG]

We have a debuff divine skill, a purgatory divine skill, so now we need a buff divine skill.

15. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Avalanche (based on Rockfall)
    Magic
    Damage 3
    Range 7
    Burst 3. Affected squares become Difficult Terrain (Stop). All characters in those squares take 3 Cold damage. Duration 2.

Potato Priest likes this.
  16. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Yeah that's kind of what I was aiming for with Beauty and the Beast. I was aiming for a card like Misguided Heal but with a discard effect added to it but change it to where it heals first then damages. I'm sure though Beauty and the Beast can be improved upon though.

17. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Just thought of a variation here but with Blind Rage

Madness!
    Type: Boost
    Slot: Divine Skill
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Duration 3.

[​IMG]

18. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Cautious
    Handicap, Tar Quality
    Play Effect: 'Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Duration 3.'
    Reaction: 'When you play a Move card, you must end that move adjacent to blocking terrain (if impossible, cancel that move).'

tolkien and timeracers like this.
  19. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Shadow Travel
    Movement, Gold+ Quality?
    Play Effect: 'You may only play this if you are adjacent to blocking terrain. Place yourself on any square adjacent to blocking terrain, and set your facing randomly.'

wereviper likes this.
  20. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Crystal Ball
    Armor, Gold+ Quality?
    Reaction 1: 'Armor 1, Keep.' (chance 5+)
    Reaction 2: 'Whenever an enemy character draws a card, reveal that card.' (chance 5+)

tolkien, Maniafig, wereviper and 2 others like this.