Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Aranak's Chain Web isn't worth the money; Yes, the cards have synergy, but in the end you only care for the Grounding Plates. Mail Of Absorption has it and only costs 100 gp.
    Bynzer's Black Spear is IMHO the best weapon for a vampire. I've bought two of them and wouldn't mind having four.
    Captain Cedric's Helm is a low level item and I don't like bying low level items, because farming those levels is a breeze. That said, it's a solid tokenless helm.

These are only based on my experiences in Single Player Campaign.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    Tyro likes this.
  2. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

I think the best weapin fir vampires its xarols mace. I barely use bynzers black spear.

3. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

4. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

1. Barnum's Staff - This is a solid burning staff and I prefer it over Staff Of Embers.
    2. Bern's Untouchable Mail - I had one and sold it away. (I have 3 x Vinorkin's Cuirass)
    3. Perfect Agility - It's a unique item and a very sexy one. (I have three)
    4. St. Portia's Maul - I try not to buy tokenless legendaries, because farming them is easier than other legendaries. (also priests have many other good tokenless divine weapons)
    5. Evensong - I don't use it and it's only an epic item, so it should be relatively easy to farm from the EttSC adventures.
    6. Tlaloc's Stormplate - Another unique item with great cards.
    So my advice is to buy Barnum's Staff, Perfect Agility or Tlaloc's Stormplate. Multiplayers may (or may not) disagree. I wouldn't know, since I'm an SP.

5. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Of the items you stated I only have Barnum's Staff and Evensong. I use Evensong all the time in multiplayer, great cards all round. I don't really use Barnum's Staff in multiplayer, only in single player. It's nice but it's not really necessary if you don't have that much gold.

So my advice would be to pick up Evensong, it won't break your bank and will come in handy for both single and multiplayer.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  6. hello world

hello world Hydra

Barnum and eversong if possible.
    If you want just one of them pick barnum if you are still missing all the staves with 4 or more burst attacks(blue destruction, million ember,ember, barnum), eversong otherwise, I think.

7. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Barnum's is the best ember burst staff you can get for the value. Preferable to Staff of Embers.

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'd like to point out that Arrogant Armor may be very useful once the expansion comes, even in SP.

9. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

I've bought Perfect Agility, and Bern's Untouchable Mail. I'm still considering Evensong. I guess I've got about 15 mins to think about it. (Or longer if the game doesn't crash.) Is Evensong one of the fixed rewards in AI? I was considering getting AI at the same time as the new expansion - and so if Evensong is going to be a freebie, then I guess I won't pay gold for it.

10. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Yeah, Evensong is a guaranteed loot for AI module 'But a Trifle'-

Melancthon and karadoc like this.
  11. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

Interesting stuff for me this week:

Bleneth's Frenzy Charm - I have one already and love it
    Cursed Radcannon - people like it, I think?
    Forrtescue's Feathered Cap - nice, but too expensive I guess
    Hand Of Wicna - not sure how useful Flash Flood really is
    Mokad's Reeking Skull - THE item if you like Unholy Energy
    Shieldripper - yes warriors, bring your blocks if you want...

Petochl's Sword - Sundering Strike is useful every now and then
    Rockshard Robes - no token? nice!

Infused Greatclub - I have four and like them, but four is probably enough
    Laser Halberd - I read that Laser Block is a thing?

I'm new to the Citadel stuff, so not really sure about Radcannon and Laser Halberd.

12. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

My personal thoughts on the items you are unsure about:

Cursed Radcannon is great if you like Radiation Bomb, but if you don't it's not worth getting. Personally I like Radiation Bomb, the handicaps can really hurt your opponent. I have Cursed Radcannon and it's fun in singleplayer but I haven't tried it in multiplayer.

Laser Halberd is not good enough for two major tokens. Two Laser Blocks hardly make up for the weak attacks.

13. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

No
    Yes if you dont have 2 (or 4)

14. hello world

hello world Hydra

Forrtesque if you want a triple human warrior sprint team, never played a support priest so I'm unsure about bleneth, but it seems way worse than the tokenless with vulnerable, Radcannon should be nice for the campaign, especially cavern/return to cavern

15. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Out of those, Cursed Radcannon wins the cake. People who don't like Radiation Bomb are stupid; Burst 2 and a random handicap are amazing qualities. Damage isn't that great, although with Unholy Wellspring it can be a potent damage dealer.

16. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

The two good items for me this week are General Jelom's Helm and Phantom Pain.

I already have one Phantom Pain, so I'll probably skip that. But I might buy the helm, for armour-boosting super-powers.

[edit]
    Throon's Quick Laser Shield is there too. That's an interesting shield, for the blue-token laser-block, but I don't think I can afford that kind of novelty. :p

17. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I'm totally happy with my Helm Of Reinforcements and would never waste my hard earned gold to replace them with General Jelom's Helms.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Yes, it's an expensive novelty, but it's a very unique one. It's the only way to get laser cards in low level modules, and the only way to put 5 Laser Blocks in an MP deck.

19. Krunail

Krunail Kobold

20. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Out of those definitely consider buying Cursed Radcannon. (Radiation Bomb is an amazing attack)

Demon's Golden Blade and Slice And Dice are solid Epic items. There are, however, cheaper options that are as good (or even better) at the same task: Axe Of The Dark Soul and Double-edged Sword.

That said, I'd still grab one or both of those epics.

Kalin likes this.