CARDHUNTRIAN BOXING TOURNAMENT!!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Janet, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Robo11500

Robo11500 Mushroom Warrior

I have what it takes!!
    I think.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    Dark Brightness likes this.
  2. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

Guys, video recording is super easy, one player recording is enough, but if you win and opponent decides not to send video that is going to be your problem. I am happy to do the editing.

p.s.
    Please state your name if your forum ID is different from your in-game ID!

3. Razorfin

Razorfin Kobold

I have what it takes!!

4. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Where to download the map?

Dark Brightness and timeracers like this.
  5. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

6. WhiteSorcerer

WhiteSorcerer Guild Leader

I have what it takes!!

7. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

Attached Files:

8. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

@Robauke I could see blind rage being a very strong card in this scenario, but, I can't see it breaking the map as, say for instance, flashflood could do; what do other players think of this?

Recording: I realize the recording can be a bit of a drag, but the idea behind posting videos is to attract more players, which will be good for the game. Let's do it like this: witness for the first game is fine, we'll make recording necessary just for semi-finals and final, sounds good? :)

9. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Why make a big deal out of flashflood anyway? It just asks for a specific counter as any other niche card would.

Dark Brightness and Lord Feleran like this.
  10. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I totally haven't tested a thing there but I think nobody goes for a mage if Flash Flood is not an option.

11. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I vote yes to ban of flash flood. Sure I vote yes to ban of blind rage.
    @Lord Feleran Warriors and Wizards(flash flood will kill warriors, not having it will kill wizards) aren't going to co-exist on this map and tournament is called the cardhunter boxing tournament so I think warriors should be type of thing you would expect.

12. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

I guess the idea of banning FF was just that, do get people to fight each other rather than sit in a corner and control the VP

13. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Ah okay, that figures.
    Balance might not be a problem, would give stabs a higher value.

14. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Can we clear this up?
    It is 1 won match to proceed to the next opponent, not best of 3, right? Also, should you use the same character for the whole event?

15. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

@Robauke 3) yes, one match to proceed to next battle, but players can agree beforehand to play best of three if they prefer to (they should make this very clear to each other before the first game if they wish to do so and both must agree); 4) you can change the character and the items throughout event and (if you decide to play three games, throughout the three-game fight) it would be to difficult to make sure players don't change.

16. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

well, we got video proof. Violators forfeit.

17. Dark Brightness

Dark Brightness Orc Soldier

So wait,this means that we can change the build through the event?
    This means as much as I understood that we can change our builds AFTER we finish the dramatic battle with the other player?
    But can people change their items and characters during the 3 matches they agreed to play?
    I want to know because I don't like having unpleasant suprises like these,after the first match to see a build percetcly made to counter mine without me having a slight idea that this is posible.
    Also there are ways to make sure if players change builds or not,but it's gonna be time comsuming process as far I can think about it.

18. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Changing builds is allowed, at any point you are allowed to change your build.

Janet and Dark Brightness like this.
  19. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

So the challenge will begin... today? or tomorrow? :)

20. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

Here's a suggestion. What if there was an official [and impartial] referee [or referees] who watched and recorded the tournament matches to make absolutely sure that no shenanigans was going on?

I'd sign up for it, but, all I have is the free version of Bandicam, which would mean that I'd have to stop the match every 10 minutes to start filming Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4. I'd certainly be up for the job if someone could point me in the direction of a better screen recorder, though.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Robauke and Dark Brightness like this.