Anyone thought of printing out Card Hunter?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Wizard_of_Requital, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Just wondering if anyone else is getting an itch to printout characters and any other detail figures out and put them on their desk?

I also started to wonder on the origin of the game play and how much the original concept has changed.

I just wish, even if it's a simple game of "sokoban" or a "Golf" dice game on a 8" x 11" printed background format, to have a 'Card Hunter' print out and play dice game.

2. I actually looked up some single player dice games that people designed an posted them online. I just thought it would be fun to examine the Card Hunter game more by taking it offline as well.

3. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

I hadn't thought of that, but now you've put it into my head to do so!

4. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I was actually hoping to see a board game version of the game even if it would have some small chinks in the design

5. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Would be harder to balance as this game is designed with computer controlled elements in mind like like drawbacks and each character having their own hands. Would be neat though.

6. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Definitely lots of fiddly things to keep in mind and easy to cheat so no future as a tournament game but with friends i still think it could be a really good time. Nothing like that feeling when a room cheers you on for drawing a stun break and a massive chop to beat the monster just before you would die.

7. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Well, hang on: we've been talking about "Gah! I want a tabletop version!" ever since they released the opening trailer--which is to say, ever since any of us had even been on the site. The opening post had different suggestions:

One, just plain printing out images to have cool art on your desk. I'd totally like that, especially because I know that a tabletop game version won't work (per SurgeonFish's comments).

Two, questions on the history of the project. If you want that, just go to the link I provided and start cycling forward.

Three, a small-version dice game. Lots of games have cutesy "mini" versions with a subset of rules (or completely different ones) but similar artwork. And why not? Could be fun.

8. barbalatte

barbalatte Mushroom Warrior

you should ask for permission first!

9. I was just thinking of 'frequent probability' on the game. If the game works and is well rounded, it should work on different levels.

The one thing that I am loving about this game is how many of my friends unplug from playing MMOs like WoW and are doing D&D. When I mentioned about this game to them, they fell in love with the idea of the game.

Eventually, someone is going to try to play this with friends sitting around a table, I just wondered if the makers of this game did any experimenting playing an offline 'table top' version. I would love to hear about it.

10. A88mph

A88mph Mushroom Warrior

That makes sence to me. Physical Prototyping would be a good, low-cost way to see if your concept works.

11. Deadless78

Deadless78 Mushroom Warrior

might be expensive

Way to many cards to keep up with

Hmm how would you set cards to weapons

Dice would be used more

dice for moving instead of cards

unless you have three decks instead of one